Boo fucking hoo Ashli Babbitt

Gooby

29 minutes ago, bolverk said:

This whole damn article is enraging and gives much more detail about Trump's behavior than the quotes posted from it.

Here's one- Alarmed that the vice-president was in danger of potential harm, Trump's advisors pleaded with the president to post something that would calm his supporters and quell the violence. 

Trump refused. Giving up, the advisors leave the room and soon discover Trump is doing the exact opposite and throwing gas on the fire.

After unsuccessfully trying for up to 20 minutes to persuade Trump to release some sort of calming statement, Scavino and others walked out of the dining room, leaving Trump alone, sources said. That's when, according to sources, Trump posted a message on his Twitter account saying that Pence "didn't have the courage to do what should have been done."

Trump's aides told investigators they were shocked by the post.

Edited by Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand
  • Rage+1 5

20 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

It still is wild to me that the rest of the world RANG BELLS when he lost to Biden.  

And will ring them again -- longer and louder -- when he fucking dies.

I know that I will.  Seriously, I actually worry on occasion when I'm tied up in something that I can't get away from (like a trial, or all-day deposition), "what if Trump dies right now?  That would suck, because I can't go outside and celebrate immediately."  I'm dead serious, the instant Trump dies, if I am at all available and able to, I will be in the streets dancing, honking my car horn, setting off fireworks, handing out glass of champagne, you fucking name it.  That day will be one of the most important turning points in American history, and I will give it all due celebration.  

If it happens when I am in another country, it will be weird.  While I would surely celebrate with them, and enjoy drinking too much and singing songs with total strangers, I really want to celebrate that win here, at home with my fellow Americans. It will be OUR win, and that matters to me.

And yes, Trumpkins, he's THAT FUCKING HORRIBLE.  There have been other historical figures whose death made me happy (Osama is a good example), but none more important than when Trump dies.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

Okay, as much as I would have loved to see it personally, I agree that mowing down the crowd outside would not have been a good idea. But I do wish more people in that hallway with Babbitt received some lead to the chest. That is an absolute perfect example of justifiable use of force by law enforcement. They were shouting actual threats and absolutely intended to enter that room and harm elected officials. It's truly a shame only one of them died that day.

• Hook 'Em 3

Were these people expecting to live through it? Meaning, if I were planning to storm the capitol, to try to "get" the people inside, I would consider it a one-way trip. Live through it and you're thanking the police/secret service/etc.

But obviously we live in the upside-down world now so the reaction was more "can you believe they tried to stop us??". 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Were these people expecting to live through it? Meaning, if I were planning to storm the capitol, to try to "get" the people inside, I would consider it a one-way trip. Live through it and you're thanking the police/secret service/etc.

But obviously we live in the upside-down world now so the reaction was more "can you believe they tried to stop us??". 

See the video of the chick who was astounded that she got maced.  She literally said it was a revolution, and it boggled her mind that there was any resisting force.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Just now, Red Five said:

They expected the following things:

1) that the Capitol police and law enforcement would be on their side;

2) that they would capture/grab Pence, Pelosi, and/or others to stop the certification process, meaning that Biden would not be formally elected president;

3) something something throw it back to the states where Trump would win.

4) those results = a successful popular revolution.

Item 4 is why they were all happily recording themselves.  They thought that they were making a historical record of their individual participation in the Glorious Trumpkin People's Revolution, that they could show their children and grandchildren, that they could show to officials in the new Trump Regime for Life to curry favor/get benefits, that they could use to stoke their own pathetic egos.  They did NOT think that the revolution would FAIL, and that those recordings would instead become evidence in a criminal prosecution.

The #1 basis to conclude that what the Trumpkin Terrorists were doing was an attempted revolution to overthrow the government was the fact THAT THEY RECORDED THE WHOLE THING.  You don't record crimes.  You DO record great historical triumphs.  They were waging a coup.  And they thought they would win.  That's why we have thousands upon thousands of hours of individually recorded video.  The fact that we have the video is solid proof of their intent.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

Here's one- Alarmed that the vice-president was in danger of potential harm, Trump's advisors pleaded with the president to post something that would calm his supporters and quell the violence. 

Trump refused. Giving up, the advisors leave the room and soon discover Trump is doing the exact opposite and throwing gas on the fire.

I am calling bullshit they were shocked.  This was always how it was going to go.  He stated this in 2016, if he won the office it was legit, if he lost, he was going to call bullshit.  This was the strategy from the beginning.  Nothing changed, just maybe the spineless republicans doing pulling a Neville Chamberlain. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

And will ring them again -- longer and louder -- when he fucking dies.

I know that I will.  Seriously, I actually worry on occasion when I'm tied up in something that I can't get away from (like a trial, or all-day deposition), "what if Trump dies right now?  That would suck, because I can't go outside and celebrate immediately."  I'm dead serious, the instant Trump dies, if I am at all available and able to, I will be in the streets dancing, honking my car horn, setting off fireworks, handing out glass of champagne, you fucking name it.  That day will be one of the most important turning points in American history, and I will give it all due celebration.  

If it happens when I am in another country, it will be weird.  While I would surely celebrate with them, and enjoy drinking too much and singing songs with total strangers, I really want to celebrate that win here, at home with my fellow Americans. It will be OUR win, and that matters to me.

And yes, Trumpkins, he's THAT FUCKING HORRIBLE.  There have been other historical figures whose death made me happy (Osama is a good example), but none more important than when Trump dies.

He won't die.  He'll just be riding in that airplane with JFK Jr. planning his return with Elvis as his campaign advisor.  Maybe Tupac will be the Sec. of Defense.

2) that they would capture/grab Pence, Pelosi, and/or others to stop the certification process, meaning that Biden would not be formally elected president;

Item 4 is why they were all happily recording themselves.  They thought that they were making a historical record of their individual participation in the Glorious Trumpkin People's Revolution, that they could show their children and grandchildren, that they could show to officials in the new Trump Regime for Life to curry favor/get benefits, that they could use to stoke their own pathetic egos.  They did NOT think that the revolution would FAIL, and that those recordings would instead become evidence in a criminal prosecution.

The #1 basis to conclude that what the Trumpkin Terrorists were doing was an attempted revolution to overthrow the government was the fact THAT THEY RECORDED THE WHOLE THING.  You don't record crimes.  You DO record great historical triumphs.  They were waging a coup.  And they thought they would win.  That's why we have thousands upon thousands of hours of individually recorded video.  The fact that we have the video is solid proof of their intent.

Yes, all of that, but more importantly, they wanted to get "cred" from their Facebook friends.

They thought--and most still think--that THEY were the ones saving democracy.

Honestly, I don't even despise--or even blame--them for their actions.

Imagine you were really, really, really, really stupid and gullible, and the sitting United States fucking President, the man who you voted for, told you for months that the election was stolen out from under him. And everyone on his side of the aisle, all of your "news" sources, and everyone you associate with in person and online repeated those lies as fact. What would you do? Of course they thought that they were the heroes of the story.

One of the biggest tragedies of 1/6 is how much it overshadows the national embarrassment of the previous two months, with every Republican voice in the country wholeheartedly backing the President's dangerous lies.

And then they have the gall to pretend that they didn't cause 1/6.

Edited by aggie08
  • Like 6
  • Rage+1 3

7 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

They thought--and most still think--that THEY were the ones saving democracy.

Honestly, I don't even despise--or even blame--them for their actions.

Imagine you were really, really, really, really stupid and gullible, and the sitting United States fucking President, the man who you voted for, told you for months that the election was stolen out from under him. And everyone on his side of the aisle, all of your "news" sources, and everyone you associate with in person and online repeated those lies as fact. What would you do? Of course they thought that they were the heroes of the story.

One of the biggest tragedies of 1/6 is how much it overshadows the national embarrassment of the previous two months, with every Republican voice in the country wholeheartedly backing the President's dangerous lies.

And then they have the gall to pretend that they didn't cause 1/6.

You're acting like something has changed since that day.  They still all mostly believe it and Trump and most of the right wing media are still saying it.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

There was a pre plan for this type of incident.  I am sure it was founded on having a large force of defenders to maintain the peace once everyone reported and would most likely call for non-lethal methods of control.  Once it became apparent to the Capitol police that the calvary wasn't coming, then the plan changed to include lethal, and apparently even then there were lines of demarcation whereby once broached, defensive measures escalated.  The real failure of the day from the defense side comes from whoever did the inside work for Trump to fuck up the plan.  

But I also seem to remember some reports that said early on, even days before, that requests for support were already being denied, so their adjustments were on the fly since they didn't know who would actually show.

If the plan would have been followed, it would have ended up much differently.  

5 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

You're acting like something has changed since that day.  They still all mostly believe it and Trump and most of the right wing media are still saying it.

Ha. Not on Surl where the disingenuous fuckstick right acts like it never happened, or wasn’t nearly at bad as the libs make it out to be, or it is all in the past. Where talk of the threat of despotism is met with derision. Those folk, who suck boot leather on the qt, can diaf.

• Hook 'Em 2

20 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Imagine you were really, really, really, really stupid and gullible, and the sitting United States fucking President, the man who you voted for, told you for months that the election was stolen out from under him.

I don't have that kind of imagination. 

19 minutes ago, 'stache said:

What makes it even more worse (worser?) is that the republican politicans and media people know that he was lying. They know how elections work. They played along anyway because they created a nation of dumb fuck morons who will only vote if you make them believe in civil war type bullshit. It's disgusting. They are literally going to let the country collapse before they act like civilized human beings. I hate them and cannot take anyone seriously who supports the fucking maniac. I seriously have less than zero respect for people who vote republican anymore. Even people in my life who are otherwise reasonable human beings, I can converse professionally where necessary, but have zero desire to befriend anyone like that, because they are either too stupid to accept truth, or are okay with lies if it helps their favorite team win elections. The latter is worse in my opinion.

This.  

2 hours ago, Red Five said:

Clearly they were, because nobody else tried to climb through that window after they perforated Babbitt.  

1 hour ago, Willfully Horn said:

Ha. Not on Surl where the disingenuous fuckstick right acts like it never happened, or wasn’t nearly at bad as the libs make it out to be, or it is all in the past. Where talk of the threat of despotism is met with derision. Those folk, who suck boot leather on the qt, can diaf.

@fattyflattie, he's talking about you.

• Haha 1

Ashli Babbitt's Family Seeks $30 Million Against U.S. Over Jan. 6 Death

The 35-year-old “posed no threat to the safety of anyone” when she was fatally shot by police while attempting to break into the speaker’s lobby, the suit claims.
Edited by Bullneck
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

And they did this shit specifically because they were acting at the behest and with the approval of POTUS, who they thought would protect them from consequences.  If they didn't think that he specifically would protect them, they thought that the notion of acting at the behest of POTUS, whoever it was and whatever they intended to do, would protect them.

Fools deluded by a demagogue criminal.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 hours ago, bolverk said:

Yes, all of that, but more importantly, they wanted to get "cred" from their Facebook friends.

Well, they can't drive down the street without posting about it on FB, so why not for something new and original.

7 hours ago, Willfully Horn said:

Get it right.  First it was ANTIFA.  Then it wasn't violent.  Then it was mostly peaceful.  Then it was an inside job.  Then it was peaceful.  Then it was a witch hunt.  Now it is peaceful again.  Or it didn't happen.  

• Like 3
  • Rage+1 1

8 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

See the video of the chick who was astounded that she got maced.  She literally said it was a revolution, and it boggled her mind that there was any resisting force.

Was Elizabeth from Knoxville ever arrested?

3 hours ago, Bullneck said:

Ashli Babbitt's Family Seeks $30 Million Against U.S. Over Jan. 6 Death

The 35-year-old “posed no threat to the safety of anyone” when she was fatally shot by police while attempting to break into the speaker’s lobby, the suit claims.

This would set a great precedence.   

• Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Get it right.  First it was ANTIFA.  Then it wasn't violent.  Then it was mostly peaceful.  Then it was an inside job.  Then it was peaceful.  Then it was a witch hunt.  Now it is peaceful again.  Or it didn't happen.  

Was speaking about conversations on Surly. Here’s a recent example of the ostrich shitposting::

6 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

Wipe those tears away honey, it's all going to be ok.  

Edited by Willfully Horn
  • Like 1

I'm sure all those French and Russian and Etc. Etc. who accomplished revolutions cried and gave up the first time they were maced (or beheaded or mowed down with gunfire or cannons). These people are the most beta of all betas to ever play revolution. It's like elevated cosplay. 

Edited by 'stache
  • Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I'm sure all those French and Russian and Etc. Etc. who accomplished revolutions cried and gave up the first time they were maced (or beheaded or mowed down with gunfire or cannons). These people are the most beta of all betas to ever play revolution. It's like elevated cosplay. 

They watch their brethren getting jail sentences and felonies over January 6, and all of the sudden when Trump starts getting hauled into actual courthouse, to potentially face real punishment, they somehow can't be found.....and based on the last year or two of rallies that Trump has held, most can't even be bothered to show up at one of his fundraising rallies.

• 1 month later...

Probably on a weekly basis I fear that I may one day lose a child before I die myself.  It happened to both sets of my grandparents.  They both lost children before their own demise.  It may very well happen to my own mother.  

And I hope and pray that Ashli Babbit's mother watches her daughter and her party's scam unfold in real time.  That she suffers every fucking last minute of her goddamn wretched life.  And she finally sees at the last moment, the errors of her ways.  Fuck Cunt Ashli.  FCA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Every time I see this thread bumped, I think to myself "maybe, just maybe that ignorant, traitorous cunt got mowed down again" and I get a little bit excited. But then I remember that I don't believe in  reincarnation, so I get a little bit sad. But sometimes the thread update shows her traitorous cunt family crying about her death, and I get a little warm feeling inside. Plus there's always that small chance that a cop will just shoot her cunt mom, because ....well, cops. So its always a rollercoaster, but a net win every time.

• Hook 'Em 3