Flight disrupting assholes Thread of Shame.

crash_davis

5 hours ago, InkaUtexas said:

So you have the supply of green chili sauce.

Well, it's not so much green as it is blue.  And it's not so much sauce as it is solid.  and it's not so much chili as it is methamphetamine.  

Woman Asks Fellow Passenger To Move From Business Class to Economy So She Can Move Her Husband Up

"He's already heading this way!" the passenger recalls the woman telling him in a post shared on the subreddit, 'Entitled People'

A Reddit user recounted a shocking request made of him by a fellow passenger.

In a post shared on the Entitled People subreddit, the user canada11235813 recalled an incident in which the woman sitting next to him in business class asked him to voluntarily downgrade his seat so that she could sit next to her husband, who was seated in economy, in business.

The original poster (OP) was on a flight from Toronto to Vancouver on an unnamed airline when he says the woman sitting next to him in a two-seat center pod configuration asked him if he'd mind switching seats with her husband so the couple could sit together.

He said yes assuming that her husband was sitting somewhere else in business class, at which point the woman casually revealed that her husband's seat was actually 18B — a middle seat in economy.

"You can't seriously expect me to swap a pod for a MIDDLE seat at the back of the bus. Are you kidding me?" OP recalled saying, adding that he kept looking around to see if he was being recorded for some kind of YouTube prank.

Not only was she serious, she proceeded to throw a tantrum over OP's refusal, saying "But you said you would! He's already heading this way!"

The woman, he says, had originally been seated in economy with her husband, but took a free upgrade when it was offered to her, apparently assuming someone would readily downgrade their seat so she could sit with her spouse.

The OP said that if she could find someone in business class to switch with her husband, he'd move to any pod in the section so that they could sit together in the double pod. Or, she could sit with her husband back in economy.

Seemingly unhappy with these options, he says, she replied, "But we both want to sit together up here!"

Unable to facilitate either option because of the seating assignments, OP writes, she eventually sat down and traveled apart from her husband for the 5-hour flight.

https://people.com/woman-asks-passenger-move-from-business-class-coach-for-husband-8599345

44 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

Woman Asks Fellow Passenger To Move From Business Class to Economy So She Can Move Her Husband Up

"He's already heading this way!" the passenger recalls the woman telling him in a post shared on the subreddit, 'Entitled People'

In a post shared on the Entitled People subreddit, the user canada11235813 recalled an incident in which the woman sitting next to him in business class asked him to voluntarily downgrade his seat so that she could sit next to her husband, who was seated in economy, in business.

The original poster (OP) was on a flight from Toronto to Vancouver on an unnamed airline when he says the woman sitting next to him in a two-seat center pod configuration asked him if he'd mind switching seats with her husband so the couple could sit together.

He said yes assuming that her husband was sitting somewhere else in business class, at which point the woman casually revealed that her husband's seat was actually 18B — a middle seat in economy.

"You can't seriously expect me to swap a pod for a MIDDLE seat at the back of the bus. Are you kidding me?" OP recalled saying, adding that he kept looking around to see if he was being recorded for some kind of YouTube prank.

Not only was she serious, she proceeded to throw a tantrum over OP's refusal, saying "But you said you would! He's already heading this way!"

The woman, he says, had originally been seated in economy with her husband, but took a free upgrade when it was offered to her, apparently assuming someone would readily downgrade their seat so she could sit with her spouse.

The OP said that if she could find someone in business class to switch with her husband, he'd move to any pod in the section so that they could sit together in the double pod. Or, she could sit with her husband back in economy.

Seemingly unhappy with these options, he says, she replied, "But we both want to sit together up here!"

Unable to facilitate either option because of the seating assignments, OP writes, she eventually sat down and traveled apart from her husband for the 5-hour flight.

https://people.com/woman-asks-passenger-move-from-business-class-coach-for-husband-8599345

If the guy would’ve snapped, and I was on his jury, it would’ve been hung at least. There’s a way to get two adjoining business class tickets.  You purchase them both.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ted Lange said:

While not the same thing, this reminds me of the time my wife (no pics) and I were upgraded on a MEX-AUS flight.  But, we were in like 3B and 3C which on that plane happened to be two aisle seats rather than right next to each other.  When we got settled in, a woman asked my wife if she would switch seats so she could sit next to her husband, which would have moved my wife to a completely different row.   We declined and indicated we'd prefer to stay sitting by each other, and the woman got all huffy.  After they got seated, my wife, being gracious, and tried to clear the air with the husband, and he just rolled his eyes, threw his hands up in desperation, and gave the look of a typical defeated husband who knew his wife was being unreasonable but he had to take her side anyway.  I'm guessing there is a reasonable chance this encounter was with a fellow surly poster, haha.  But, was it wrong to not agree to their switcheroo request just because my wife and I wanted to sit "next" to each other, even while divided by an aisle? 

8 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

I’m as bewildered that People magazine is publishing articles about posts on Reddit as I am about the events in the story.  

Lazy ass “reporters”.

Kinda like me posting stupid memes in the funny pictures/videos that make you lol thread.

Got back to AUS late last night, got on the shuttle bus to our parking lot (Fast Park).  We're sitting on it for a minute, waiting for it to fill up, and a classic Boomer Karen -- yankee accent, snooty glasses and a beret, looking like a cartoon, steps up to the doorway and starts berating the driver. 

"I've been over there [pointing to the left/entry side of the airport] trying to wave down one of your buses, and you just keep driving by!" 

"I'm sorry about that ma'am -- the parking shuttles can only stop and pick up people in this designated area.  It's an airport rule." 

"Yes, but I've been waving at bus after bus, and none of you even stopped!"  

"I understand, ma'am.  We can't stop there."

"Well, one of you could have at least stopped to tell me that!"

Every one of us on the bus is chuckling and rolling our eyes.  Nevermind that I can't figure out for the life of me how Karen, who clearly had exited the airport and needed to get on a shuttle back to her car....had ended up way the fuck over on the entering traffic side of shit, and didn't see the 10-bus line of the various parking shuttles waiting to pick up passengers, clear as day, in the MIDDLE OF THE FUCKING AIRPORT PICKUP AREA.

She finally got on and sat down in a huff, looking around to see if someone would validate her.  Nobody did.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, The Ace of Aces said:

AI scrubbers pull data and post. People, SI and Newsweek all do this. No humans involved. 

Yeah, I know, I guess it’s just surprising to me that there’s a market for bullshit like that under the guise of current events.  Not related to the person who posted it here, just that it exists at all.

54 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

Yeah, I know, I guess it’s just surprising to me that there’s a market for bullshit like that under the guise of current events.  Not related to the person who posted it here, just that it exists at all.

I hear ya. Pitchfork does this now with concert and album announcements and it’s infuriating. 

That would be so awkward m. But proof people can restrain themselves on a fucking plane. These people aren’t flight disrupters but they could have been. They handled it with class unlike the morons mainly featured in this thread:

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

Posted (edited)
On 2/6/2024 at 4:29 PM, 956 Worldwide said:

This woman is a damn hero. Although likely fake. 

Just curious, has anyone here ever actually seen someone put their hair over the back of the seat like that? Of course I've heard of it, but never seen it or seen credible evidence of it. I just can't imagine, but yeah these days some people absolutely 100% dgaf about anyone else.

Edited by wood

Do people talk to each other any more? How about "Excuse me, your hair is blocking my TV."  Maybe she did that and was ignored but I doubt it.  I see it all the time. Clueless person does something clueless.  Other person fumes and/or acts out.  In my experience most times the person will respond positively to a simple request.

• Hook 'Em 2

27 minutes ago, Felix said:

Do people talk to each other any more? How about "Excuse me, your hair is blocking my TV."  Maybe she did that and was ignored but I doubt it.  I see it all the time. Clueless person does something clueless.  Other person fumes and/or acts out.  In my experience most times the person will respond positively to a simple request.

That video was staged as shit. She would’ve felt tugs on her hair. The girl sticking the gum in her hair was her friend and the girl behind them was filming and they’re all buddies. It was a wig. Nobody is that unaware and if they were they’d be called out, even by someone like my very meek wife. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, Felix said:

Cut Scissors GIF by Barstool Sports

• Haha 1

On 2/27/2024 at 11:04 AM, Nicole44 said:

That would be so awkward m. But proof people can restrain themselves on a fucking plane. These people aren’t flight disrupters but they could have been. They handled it with class unlike the morons mainly featured in this thread:

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

DFW racist Mississippi Tucker Carlson fan Karen at the 25 min mark or so was super special.

We have empowered our entire society to be fucking assholes, we fucking CELEBRATE IT.  We laud assholish behavior as a virtue.  So we shouldn't be shocked when people act out, across the board.

10 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

I watched that whole video too. Every one of those women was terrible. Mental illness draws no political party lines, it seems. Certainly no geographic lines. 

I agree with you on the point that this behavior draws no political or geographic lines.  But I will argue about whether it's "mental illness."

Aside from the clearly diagnosed and totally real thing called "Obnoxious Personality Disorder"....

ALL001.jpg

....no....these people are just fucking entitled assholes.  Being an asshole isn't a mental illness.  It's just being a fucking asshole.  And a lot of people - perhaps a critical mass of people in our society - are fucking assholes.

And I'm not even including the bunch of assholes who post on Surly.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 2

1 hour ago, Sbbruin said:

I watched this whole thing.  Amazing.  These people need to be removed from civil society.

Their vote counts just as much as yours.....

Welcome to the ledge.

• Like 1

On 2/26/2024 at 8:31 AM, RollLeft said:

probably already posted but damn...

This was a difficult watch. Amazing--yet sadly believable--that supposedly grown adults would behave this way. The officers in all six of these instances should be commended. More law enforcement like them would lead to a lot less activity in the Bernard thread. Truly saintly levels of patience.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

He and his buddies thought of an original idea to sneak onto a plane. They were just too stupid to realize that it was never going to work. I guess he didn't make it home.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/unticketed-passenger-removed-delta-flight-salt-lake-city/

It says Fleurizard told police he was in Utah on snowboarding trip to Park City but had to get home to see family members who'd flown in from Florida. He said a friend gave him a free "buddy pass" for Southwest Airlines and that was the ticket he used to get through security, but the flight he intended to get on was full so he went to the Delta gate.

The complaint says he was seen on security camera video using his phone to take pictures of other people's boarding passes without their knowledge and it appears he used one of those pictures to board the Delta plane, where he tried to stow away in first the front and then the rear lavatory. But when he left that lavatory, there were no seats left and, as the plane was taxiing, flight attendants realized there was an issue and the plane returned to the gate.

According to the complaint, Fleurizard "admitted he had made a mistake and was only trying get home."

Police say the suspect is being held on a federal detainer at the Salt Lake County Metro Jail. Records indicate he remains behind bars. 

• Haha 1

On 3/20/2024 at 10:56 AM, crash_davis said:

He and his buddies thought of an original idea to sneak onto a plane. They were just too stupid to realize that it was never going to work. I guess he didn't make it home.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/unticketed-passenger-removed-delta-flight-salt-lake-city/

It says Fleurizard told police he was in Utah on snowboarding trip to Park City but had to get home to see family members who'd flown in from Florida. He said a friend gave him a free "buddy pass" for Southwest Airlines and that was the ticket he used to get through security, but the flight he intended to get on was full so he went to the Delta gate.

The complaint says he was seen on security camera video using his phone to take pictures of other people's boarding passes without their knowledge and it appears he used one of those pictures to board the Delta plane, where he tried to stow away in first the front and then the rear lavatory. But when he left that lavatory, there were no seats left and, as the plane was taxiing, flight attendants realized there was an issue and the plane returned to the gate.

According to the complaint, Fleurizard "admitted he had made a mistake and was only trying get home."

Police say the suspect is being held on a federal detainer at the Salt Lake County Metro Jail. Records indicate he remains behind bars. 

Amateur, he should have lured the owner of the stolen passport to the bathroom and choked him unconscious and left him tied up. 

Yesterday I was on a transatlantic flight and as I was watching a movie I kept hearing some odd singing that didn’t fit in with the soundtrack. After about 15 minutes I traced it to a seat catty-corner and across the aisle from me where a middle aged American woman was listening to contemporary Christian music on her iPhone with headphones in and singing along. 

• Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Yesterday I was on a transatlantic flight and as I was watching a movie I kept hearing some odd singing that didn’t fit in with the soundtrack. After about 15 minutes I traced it to a seat catty-corner and across the aisle from me where a middle aged American woman was listening to contemporary Christian music on her iPhone with headphones in and singing along. 

Jesus needs to be shared.

• Haha 1

On 2/25/2024 at 6:06 PM, Ted Lange said:

Husband breathes a sigh of relief and enjoys the flight in blissful silence. Chuckling to himself he thinks "Fuck those assholes in first class, let them deal with her shit." 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

I fly fairly frequently even though I do not enjoy flying commercial.  I have never seen anything close to any of this stuff.  I wonder how many people here have personally witnessed crap like this?

About the worst I have seen is people getting drunk and talking loud.  Or slobs who do not know how to dress themselves.  And the general small annoyances of people who do now know how to act or are just inconsiderate -- bringing on too much carry on luggage, trying to rush to front of plane at landing for no reason like a tight connection, bringing smelly food aboard, bring too fat to fly, poor personal hygiene, using a wheel chair to board for priority but not needing one to deplane (SWA), etc.

The worst thing I experienced was a few years ago I was sitting in First Class and a Chinese national spent the whole flight spitting saliva into a clear plastic cup.  Not as bad as snuff.  But disgusting.

• Like 1

On 3/20/2024 at 9:56 AM, crash_davis said:

It says Fleurizard told police he was in Utah on snowboarding trip to Park City

Everything after that makes more sense now.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/trending/article/yellowstone-actor-houston-airport-kicked-off-19366726.php

Yellowstone" actor Forrie J. Smith posted to social media after he said an airline in Houston kicked him off a plane for refusing to sit beside a passenger wearing a mask. 

Smith recounted the situation in a video on Instagram claiming "he didn't feel comfortable sitting next to someone with a mask on," so he was taken off the plane. In the description of the post, it states: "You need to hear this story."

"I just told them I didn't feel comfortable about sitting next to somebody that had to wear a mask and I'm off the plane," Smith said in the video.

He added that he had been drinking while waiting at the airport for about three hours but he was not drunk. That didn't stop some people from commenting on his post suggesting the actor may have been kicked off the airplane due to being drunk. 

• Like 1

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/trending/article/yellowstone-actor-houston-airport-kicked-off-19366726.php

Yellowstone" actor Forrie J. Smith posted to social media after he said an airline in Houston kicked him off a plane for refusing to sit beside a passenger wearing a mask. 

Smith recounted the situation in a video on Instagram claiming "he didn't feel comfortable sitting next to someone with a mask on," so he was taken off the plane. In the description of the post, it states: "You need to hear this story."

"I just told them I didn't feel comfortable about sitting next to somebody that had to wear a mask and I'm off the plane," Smith said in the video.

He added that he had been drinking while waiting at the airport for about three hours but he was not drunk. That didn't stop some people from commenting on his post suggesting the actor may have been kicked off the airplane due to being drunk. 

Since some people have to wear mask due to immune diseases, you can either tell others “Hippa! I got Hippa!” or “Diplomatic Immunity!” and be safe from judgment. They totally will understand.

2 hours ago, Captainant said:

Obviously he was just being a belligerent asshole.  What reason could one have for not sitting next to someone wearing a mask unless they are visibly sick (I would give a pass for this but he didn't mention it)?