2021 Fall Camp Thread - Bend Over & I’ll Continue Showing You

BurntOrange&White

This is not directed at you, but I don’t get the general hate / shit talking about Money.  Former QB who has shown athletic ability and understanding of the game. Everything I’ve read and seen tells me he’s reliable, runs decent routes and has good hands. Even has a little wiggle after the catch.  If the guy can fly under the radar, catch a few passes to keep drives alive and help move the chains, what’s not to like?  He fills a needed role.  Whatever. To each his own I suppose.  I know I’ll be cheering him on  when he’s making plays this season. 
So uh...David Thomas?

.../katfid probably

USATSI_13339641-e1600032592700.jpg?w=100

Scott Wachter-USA TODAY Sports  

Bleacher Report includes Texas on biggest upset watch of 2021 season  

By:  Kevin Borba     August 26, 2021 6:09 pm CT

It’s no surprise Texas’ season opener against Louisiana is garnering national attention. The Longhorns have a new coaching staff, and the Ragin’ Cajuns are coming off one of their best seasons in program history with the nearly the same roster.

In the past three seasons under Billy Napier, Louisiana has compiled an impressive 28-11 record and three consecutive Sun Belt titles. While they are viewed as an underdog for the matchup with Texas, they should certainly not be overlooked. Louisiana quarterback Levi Lewis is 24-4 as a starter, and the team is returning 20 of its starters, along with the addition of six Power Five transfers.

These could all be reasons Bleacher Report chose the Week 1 matchup of Texas and Louisiana as one of the biggest upsets to watch for.

This is a very dangerous game regardless of when it would be scheduled. It’s the first game of the Sarkisian era, and the first big challenge for one of Texas’ inexperienced quarterbacks under center.

This is an experienced Louisiana team that has already tasted ruining a Big 12 team’s start to a season: It knocked off Iowa State in the opener last year. The Ragin’ Cajuns are beginning the 2021 season ranked No. 23 in the AP Poll.

Here is what Bleacher Report said about the matchup:  

"Texas should know better than to overlook Louisiana. Last season, the Ragin’ Cajuns upended Iowa State 31-14 in the opener."

Nevertheless, the Longhorns are nine-point favorites. Vegas anticipates Texas will hold off the Sun Belt co-favorites and give Steve Sarkisian a victorious debut.

But as Louisiana returns a strong majority of its production from a 10-1 team, Texas is installing a new offense with a wide range of new personnel. That includes a first-time starter at quarterback, whether it’s Hudson Card or Casey Thompson. The competition hasn’t ended, so uncertainty continues to linger around the offense.

Talent usually wins out, and Texas is an understandable favorite. However, Louisiana already has proof of concept; the Longhorns — win or lose — are probably in for a four-quarter struggle.

Sarkisian is hoping to avoid the horrible start that Tom Herman experienced when Texas was upset by Maryland in his first game as the head coach. With nine days until the season opener, the Longhorns still have personnel questions that have been unanswered.

Sarkisian choosing to not name the starting quarterback could be a evidence  of how close the competition is or him not wanting to give Louisiana a player to key on. That’s up for interpretation.

Regardless, Texas needs to shake off any rust and show up ready to play. If the Longhorns don’t come prepared on both sides of the ball, Louisiana will treat the start to the “All Gas, No Brakes” era to a disappointing detour from the jump.

13 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Tomorrow is the last non-game week weekday until October 18th.

That is all.

And really, its not incredible or anything but we do have a couple somewhat interesting games on Saturday and then a couple very interesting ones on Thursday and Friday. We are close boys. 

12 hours ago, ousux said:
13 hours ago, South Austin said:
There's no way that Austin humidity in early September will be below 50%.  It's going to fucking suck, and there's not enough Coor's Light to keep everyone hydrated.

Using coors light as anything other than something to splash in your face to cool down means you deserve to stroke out in the heat. It's sparkling water with a couple drops beer flavoring...should be handed out free.

Coors Light has o my one purpose: to flush kidney stones on a desert island that has no water.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

And really, its not incredible or anything but we do have a couple somewhat interesting games on Saturday and then a couple very interesting ones on Thursday and Friday. We are close boys. 

Much as I deeply love football and will be watching, calling Nebraska/Illinois, UCLA/Hawaii, and UTEP/NMSU very interesting might be a sign of serioud brain damage.

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Much as I deeply love football and will be watching, calling Nebraska/Illinois, UCLA/Hawaii, and UTEP/NMSU very interesting might be a sign of serioud brain damage.

Nebraska/Illinois is mildly interesting because Nebraska is a dysfunctional dumpster fire right now and I’d enjoy watching Illinois beating them.

The others are interesting if it’s the third time you’ve seen that episode of Beat Bobby Flay.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, South Austin said:

Nebraska/Illinois is mildly interesting because Nebraska is a dysfunctional dumpster fire right now and I’d enjoy watching Illinois beating them.

The others are interesting if it’s the third time you’ve seen that episode of Beat Bobby Flay.

There's also...

5fe25a1b5ef79.image.jpg?resize=1200,962

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

Bad reading comp bro. I said somewhat interesting this Saturday (nebby and UCLA) very interesting next Thursday and Friday (Buckeyes and then Tar Heels). 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Bob Lives! said:

0d398426b76e80599c67200970a14276.jpg

That looks pretty serious. What impact does it have on the opener, if any?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Maybe not much. Recall that the week before the 2005 season opener against this same opponent Katrina smacked Louisiana and we still played the game.

Agree with S.A. Expected landfall is Sunday/Monday, and Lafayette will be on the clean side of the storm if the track verifies. Plenty of time before an away game next Saturday. Bad situation for the state in general, though. 

0d398426b76e80599c67200970a14276.jpg

That looks pretty serious. What impact does it have on the opener, if any?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No direct impact. The storm will be gone for several days by the time next Saturday rolls around.

Indirectly, depending on the track, there could be issues in Lafayette that impact ULL’s prep, whether that’s canceling practice, relocating, or whatever. And of course the potential emotional trauma of Lafayette gets it bad.

You’d much rather be in Lafayette that New Orleans on that specific tack. East side of hurricanes are much nastier.