• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

14 minutes ago, ztejas said:

5-7 inching closer to a distinct possibility. 

If Missouri beats them then I think it'll happen.  They'll beat Prairie View and South Carolina.  Auburn and LSU will beat them.

Missouri looks like shit, but they can score.

Edited by Elmer_Fudd

If Missouri beats them then I think it'll happen.  They'll beat Prairie View and South Carolina.  Auburn and LSU will beat them.

And aggy isn’t putting 60 on anyone like puke orange did to mizzou.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

58 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

I think South Carolina is better than Colorado, so I think that puts that game with aggy as a toss up. 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

Some day I think I’ll take a trip up to college station to witness a game.  I’ll buy those shit seat in the rafters so I can view aggy from afar.  It’ll be like some explorer observing a primitive culture

DO NOT SIT IN THE DISH

while most everyone here reading this is alive, it will collapse and the death toll will relegate bonfire to the appendix of aggypedia

6 hours ago, Lhorn said:

From that thread “QB: It's obvious at this point that Weigman is a level above both King and Calzada. 

Haynes King was the next Payton Manning. Injured in game 2, he’s already a place holder until the REAL next Payton Manning graduates HS to come be their savior?  Never change aggy

king threw 3 picks against kent state

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Tex-19 said:

I'm still confused why the Bama line is only -17.5. What does Vegas know?

occam's logical razor says saban has been told to hold the score down to save the league the embarrassment of the camera trained on the boomhauer hobbit with his all-yellow gamecard

it has taken 10 years, but the entire league now knows what we told them about aggy

they are an embarrassment and this game should have been buried on espn2

if the game gets out of hand and boomhauer went berserk i could see him having a mental break and going woody hayes on calzone after his 5th pick

of course, that would justify the termination for cause that talkiebird so desperately needs

and that's bad for business

so, everyone with money to burn, take aggy at whatever line you can, $20 a day, the rest of this week, to push the line back up

we want aggy boomhauer

we need aggy boomhauer

7 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

everyone hoping for a smoking crater should move on to something else

7-5 or 8-4

they always find a way

This year feels different.

They have no QBs, they are already losing multiple starters (on an already bad team) for the remainder of the year with injuries, there are rumors of multiple talents sitting out the rest of the year once they hit a few losses (they will be at three in a row by Sunday).

This implosion seems like it will be big. Really big. The fans are already in a tizzy and the national press is roasting them. Its not too long before the locker room goes to shit and then recruiting falls apart. 

Even after the loss on Saturday, I was still thinking like you, but when I saw yesterday that three starters are out for the remainder of the year, I am really starting to see 6-6 as likely. PV, SCAR and Mizzou will be their remaining wins.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

everyone hoping for a smoking crater should move on to something else

7-5 or 8-4

they always find a way

I thought the same thing. The last couple years jumbo always figured out a way to win close games or pull away in the fourth.  But they lost two in a row so.. who knows.  

And 17.5 line seems soft but that’s a 31-7 throttling for 3 quarters with a trash td to backdoor it. Also, the anm d is still decent, not as great as expected but solid overall. Combine that with jimbo slow motion pace. Now if it goes 14 or 21 to nothing early, the shit show will be epic.

To believe the ags are going to crater, I'd have to believe that the rest of the SEC outside of Alabama and Georgia is anything other than a steaming pile of meh.  But I don't believe that.

LSU, Auburn, South Carolina, Missouri, Ole Miss, are all winnable games for the ags.  They're not going to lose all of them.  They might not even lose half of them.

18 minutes ago, utee94 said:

To believe the ags are going to crater, I'd have to believe that the rest of the SEC outside of Alabama and Georgia is anything other than a steaming pile of meh.  But I don't believe that.

LSU, Auburn, South Carolina, Missouri, Ole Miss, are all winnable games for the ags.  They're not going to lose all of them.  They might not even lose half of them.

One of the reasons we have recently witnessed the greatest era in the history of aggy football is because (unlike Texas) they haven't been losing games they were supposed to win. The reason they aren't a top-tier team is because they aren't winning the games they are expected to lose (Alabama). Last year, they didn't really play anyone of significance, so they won the games they were supposed to win, lost the game(s) they were expected to lost (swidt?) and their ease of schedule delivered them to their version of the promised land (a NY6 bowl). But aggy's eternal weakness has always been their inability to recruit a quality two-deep. Their lack of depth is killing them again this year.

On paper, aggy could win out after this weekend. On paper, they should win out after this weekend.

But we are talking about aggy and we all know some day they will mean-revert and again start inexplicably losing games that on paper they should win.

aggy is an amazingly soft culture. Otherwise, they wouldn't have to believe in fairy tales to help them be able to look at themselves in the mirror each morning. Once they begin to mean-revert, the wheels will come off the aggy bandwagon. They will go through a brutal period of infighting and self-destructive stupidity that will carry over well into 2022.

This week's aggy game will mean nothing, unless Saban humiliates them. Missouri is garbage (they may very well lose to North Texas this weekend), so aggy's Oct 16 game is meaningless.

aggy/ South Carolina on Oct 23 should be worth watching. If So. Carolina beats aggy, grab your popcorn.

tired of losing.jpg

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Hook 'Em 4

Are all three of those injured guys starters? The headline said “contributors” and the article was behind a paywall. 

I think they still beat South Carolina and Mizzou. The one thing aggy can do is run the ball and Mizzou’s run defense is all time bad. They’ll probably manage to find a win in the other three as well, so 7-5 likely. 

Edited by Duane Moore
I forgot about Prairie View

10 minutes ago, utee94 said:

The problem for aggy is that their offense isn't bad, it's non existent except for a few big plays here and there. So, if they go up against any defense with a pulse, they are going to have a very hard time being competitive. Parts of their defense are good, but nothing is elite enough to save games for them. Therefore, when they stack up against these 'meh' teams it's hard to point out a real advantage that says they should win. To me, every game for the rest of the season (except PV) will be a struggle for them.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Danimal said:

The problem for aggy is that their offense isn't bad, it's non existent except for a few big plays here and there. So, if they go up against any defense with a pulse, they are going to have a very hard time being competitive. Parts of their defense are good, but nothing is elite enough to save games for them. Therefore, when they stack up against these 'meh' teams it's hard to point out a real advantage that says they should win. To me, every game for the rest of the season (except PV) will be a struggle for them.

Right.  So good teams should be able to beat them.

But outside of Alabama, I don't see any good teams remaining on their schedule.  Just a bunch of middlin' SEC teams in basically the same boat as the ags.

I just don't see them cratering.  Like, losing-season bad.  Horns on this thread predict that for them every year, and every year, those folks are wrong.

I'd say 6-6 is the floor, 7-5 seems likely, 8-4 is the ceiling.

This is certainly their year... to do the same thing they always do.

• Hook 'Em 1

I think you guys are going a little overboard with the notion that all of the other teams in the SEC W are middling. Ole Miss can beat anyone. Frankly, Kiffin and Lebby just shit themselves after getting stopped on 4th down on the 1st drive. Ole Miss is a better team than what they displayed in the 1st half against Bama. They play Ole Miss on the road after having to play Auburn. 

Auburn has given ATM fits at Kyle Field. Bo Nix is an idiot, so Auburn will go as he goes unless he's replaced by then by the LSU transfer. Auburn's schedule goes UGA, at Arky, off, Ole Miss, then at ATM. If the aggies are going to take one to get to 7-5, this should be the pick. I still view it as a toss-up until we see anything different than what we've so far.

After Bama this weekend, ATM has to travel to Missouri. ATM didn't cover themselves in glory on the road in Denver or Dallas. Missouri's run defense is awesomely bad. Missouri can put up points. This one is more of a toss-up than folks think, especially coming off the Bama game. 

Going to LSU at the end of the season has every kind of wildcard right now. We don't know if King will be back by then or if it will matter. Is Orgeron already fired by then or has LSU saved their season? Is this a jihad game for LSU to save Orgeron's job? Have ATM pro prospects all opted out? It's in Death Valley and I don't see it happening. 

South Carolina's defense is actually pretty good. They've scored more touchdowns on defense than almost anyone. They got lit up by Georgia, and that's it. They play UTenn and then Vandy before traveling to Kyle in a few weeks. I've always viewed this game as a lock for ATM, but SCar isn't as bad so far as I'd figured. I still lean ATM but that's it.

Even with the cupcake non-conference, seeing a way through to 7-5 right now takes some hoop jumping.

• Hook 'Em 1

Also, when the SEC goes to a 9 game schedule and they remove the FCS bullshit, both of which are the rumor, no one will suffer more from that change than ATM. Getting paired with South Carolina while the SEC E has also just generally been down was a total gift. In this 10th year of SEC competition for them, ATM will have played Missouri 3 times, Vandy 2 times, Tenn once, UGA once, Kentucky once, and UF 3 times to go with 10 SCar match-ups that they've feasted on. 16 of their 21 SEC W matchups have been against the 3 worst teams from the East. 

Consider a future schedule that includes Texas, OU, Arkansas every year, plus likely LSU, Ole Miss and MSU to go with Missouri. Add in an annual mix of UGA, UF, Bama, Auburn, and Kentucky, sometimes two of those teams in a year? With a required decent non-con and no FCS game? Yeah, have fun little brother. 

If the SEC goes with two 8 team divisions, it will be really interesting to see who gets paired up with the opposite division in the opening year. The SEC is fucking pissed about ATM's bullshit this summer. Will they have ATM facing Georgia and Alabama from the SEC E in year 1? Wouldn't surprise me and I'll be howling about it.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, closetojumping said:

There is growing buzz that a full on blowout to Bama will lead to multiple guys shutting down their seasons. Specifically, Spiller's family is not happy. Wedermeyer is pondering it. Leal as well. Green might too, because he's doing more damage for his NFL prospects by playing right now than by calling it a day. Not sure if these will be couched as injury issues or if it will even happen, but there's more to it than just fans bullshitting about it here. 

To this point, let's say they don't shut it down, but ATM staggers to a 7-5 record by beating Mizzou, PVATM, SCar, and then falls backwards into beating an Auburn or LSU coming off their own emotional highs from a prior game. I don't see most of the guys I just mentioned showing up for the bowl game. That's a 7-6 season. If they don't stumble into a SECW victory, that's a 6-6 team heading into bowl season. In Jimbo's 4th year, they face the very real prospect of a losing season having a chance of happening. Pretty hilarious. 

If you had to pick right now, would you take 10-3 (lose to BAMA, win out and win a bowl) or 5-7 (fail to beat one of Missouri or SCar)? How about 9-4 versus 6-7? 

I think the lower end outcomes are way more plausible than their upside alternatives.

If aggy is at 6-6 heading into bowl season - with a bunch of players opting out to prepare for the draft - there's no way in hell they're going to go play in a bowl game to get their teeth kicked in by a team from the Big12. They're going to find some reason to opt out of the bowl, and try to save face.

I think the Alabama game has the potential to define the rest of their season. 

Whats the impact on playing hard and getting mudholed on the program ? How many players get hurt that shouldn't even be starting ? Does Jimbo throw everything into the game to try to avoid an embarrassing loss only to risk the remainder of his season ? 

What I hope to see at least is an A&M team that tries so hard they break themselves physically and mentally, end up treading 6-6, having nightmares of Texas and OU coming to the SEC , and recruits flocking anywhere but grackle station.  

Edited by BigHornedLurker
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

1 minute ago, Hornlover said:

If aggy is at 6-6 heading into bowl season - with a bunch of players opting out to prepare for the draft - there's no way in hell they're going to go play in a bowl game to get their teeth kicked in by a team from the Big12. They're going to find some reason to opt out of the bowl, and try to save face.

Nah, the SEC will make sure aggy is paired some some middling team from the ACC or PAC.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, BigHornedLurker said:

I think the Alabama game has the potential to define the rest of their season. 

Whats the impact on playing hard and getting mudholed on the program ? How many players get hurt that shouldn't even be starting ? Does Jimbo throw everything into the game to try to avoid an embarrassing loss only to risk the remainder of his season ? 

What I hope to see at least is an A&M team that tries so hard they break themselves physically and mentally, end up treading 6-6, having nightmares of Texas and OU coming to the SEC , and recruits flock anywhere but grackle station.  

Jim Carrey Yes GIF

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I think you guys are going a little overboard with the notion that all of the other teams in the SEC W are middling. Ole Miss can beat anyone. Frankly, Kiffin and Lebby just shit themselves after getting stopped on 4th down on the 1st drive. Ole Miss is a better team than what they displayed in the 1st half against Bama. They play Ole Miss on the road after having to play Auburn. 

Auburn has given ATM fits at Kyle Field. Bo Nix is an idiot, so Auburn will go as he goes unless he's replaced by then by the LSU transfer. Auburn's schedule goes UGA, at Arky, off, Ole Miss, then at ATM. If the aggies are going to take one to get to 7-5, this should be the pick. I still view it as a toss-up until we see anything different than what we've so far.

After Bama this weekend, ATM has to travel to Missouri. ATM didn't cover themselves in glory on the road in Denver or Dallas. Missouri's run defense is awesomely bad. Missouri can put up points. This one is more of a toss-up than folks think, especially coming off the Bama game. 

Going to LSU at the end of the season has every kind of wildcard right now. We don't know if King will be back by then or if it will matter. Is Orgeron already fired by then or has LSU saved their season? Is this a jihad game for LSU to save Orgeron's job? Have ATM pro prospects all opted out? It's in Death Valley and I don't see it happening. 

South Carolina's defense is actually pretty good. They've scored more touchdowns on defense than almost anyone. They got lit up by Georgia, and that's it. They play UTenn and then Vandy before traveling to Kyle in a few weeks. I've always viewed this game as a lock for ATM, but SCar isn't as bad so far as I'd figured. I still lean ATM but that's it.

Even with the cupcake non-conference, seeing a way through to 7-5 right now takes some hoop jumping.

If the rumors about Spiller are indeed true and he opts out after the mudhole by Alabama, then things could go off the rails. Achane is a scary back but I don't know that he can handle 25 carries per game. They have talent at receiver but no way to get the ball to them. Weidermeyer, Spiller, and Smith constitute 90% of their offense. I could easily see a scenario where more than one of those players if not all shut it down late in the season. If that happens, there is no world where they beat LSU or Auburn. 

On the bright side, it gives Liucci fodder for the hopecoaster next year. I can just see the line now: "The one silver lining to this season is that many of the young players on the roster got valuable SEC game experience. This will help the depth as they replace key guys from last year's team."

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

If the rumors about Spiller are indeed true and he opts out after the mudhole by Alabama, then things could go off the rails. Achane is a scary back but I don't know that he can handle 25 carries per game. They have talent at receiver but no way to get the ball to them. Weidermeyer, Spiller, and Smith constitute 90% of their offense. I could easily see a scenario where more than one of those players if not all shut it down late in the season. If that happens, there is no world where they beat LSU or Auburn. 

On the bright side, it gives Liucci fodder for the hopecoaster next year. I can just see the line now: "The one silver lining to this season is that many of the young players on the roster got valuable SEC game experience. This will help the depth as they replace key guys from last year's team."

I thought LJ Johnson could be a workhorse for them, is he not getting touches?

2 minutes ago, Viper said:

I thought LJ Johnson could be a workhorse for them, is he not getting touches?

You thought the guy that graduated early and then decided not to enroll until the summer for no discernable reason other than "didn't feel like it" was going to be a workhorse back as a freshman?

• Haha 8

On 10/4/2021 at 7:07 AM, TreatyOak said:

Wait, they listen to some random dude about why they are going to win the game? I’d listen to a player or a coach, but listen to another fan? I wonder what the actual players think of this bullshit. Guessing they can’t stand being anywhere near this crap. Does anyone know if they attend? 

i always cringe when I see the milkmen whooping it up with the aggy player after he scores a touchdown. It's like they cant get there fast enough, patting him on the back and whooping.

all i can imagine is the player thinking : "oh, man, get away from me."

It almost feels like stolen valor, these guys acting like they did something.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

18 hours ago, closetojumping said:

There is growing buzz that a full on blowout to Bama will lead to multiple guys shutting down their seasons. Specifically, Spiller's family is not happy. Wedermeyer is pondering it. Leal as well. Green might too, because he's doing more damage for his NFL prospects by playing right now than by calling it a day. Not sure if these will be couched as injury issues or if it will even happen, but there's more to it than just fans bullshitting about it here. 

To this point, let's say they don't shut it down, but ATM staggers to a 7-5 record by beating Mizzou, PVATM, SCar, and then falls backwards into beating an Auburn or LSU coming off their own emotional highs from a prior game. I don't see most of the guys I just mentioned showing up for the bowl game. That's a 7-6 season. If they don't stumble into a SECW victory, that's a 6-6 team heading into bowl season. In Jimbo's 4th year, they face the very real prospect of a losing season having a chance of happening. Pretty hilarious. 

If you had to pick right now, would you take 10-3 (lose to BAMA, win out and win a bowl) or 5-7 (fail to beat one of Missouri or SCar)? How about 9-4 versus 6-7? 

I think the lower end outcomes are way more plausible than their upside alternatives.

Without messing with the freebies, aggy has scored 10-10-22.  The only non pay-to-win game they've won was by 3 points over a horrendous Colorado...  Anyone who can somewhat consistently find the end zone (or uprights) is going to give them problems. Miss St. Just beat them at home without fielding a defense. (I don't think Colorado fielded one either)...  Aggy could catch some breaks and win out -bama.  Or they could lose them all -their cupcake. I can see losses to bama, LSU, and 'Ol Miss.  Tossup on Auburn. Likey winS vs. Mizzou and SC, but I wouldn't put money on either game. Now, lose BIG to Alabama (which could easily happen even with Saban letting up on the throttle and just running the ball the second half),  and the wheels have a good chance of coming off.  It happens to many of teams that come into a season believing they are king shit... (Even through they know the loss is coming, they really thought they would beat bama this summer), a blowout by 'bama could send them to Missouri completely deflated.  Then this season will get ugly for aggy.    

And I wouldn't be surprised if Saban senses blood and decides to set aggy's recruiting back season or two.   ( Maybe the sec already called Saban and told him to hang 100 on them for trying to nuke the  expansion).

19 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Look, they have 4 gimme non conference games

Kent St, a really bad Colorado, New Mexico, and Prairie View A&M

Missouri and South Carolina are dog shit.

They will get at least 6 wins and bowl game.

Edited by yoladu