• Replies 72.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

So this is a bit stale from before MSU , not sure where to find the new list with the other 3 people added to injury list 

Thats at least 9 players out due to injury, staring at a brick wall 

Player Position Status Reported Notes
Chase Lane WR Ques Sat – Undisclosed Sun, Sep 26 Lane has missed the last two games due to an undisclosed injury, and it is unclear if he will return to take on Mississippi State on Saturday.
Luke Matthews OL Ques Sat – Undisclosed Sun, Sep 26 Matthews has sat out the last two contests with an undefined injury, and it is remains to be seen if he will play against Mississippi State on Saturday.
Caleb Chapman WR Ques Sat – Undisclosed Sun, Sep 26 Chapman has missed the last two games due to an injury to an unannounced area, and it is up in the air if he will return to take on Mississippi on Saturday.
Hezekiah Jones WR Out Indefinitely – Shoulder Fri, Aug 20 Jones is sidelined with a shoulder injury, and he will miss an extended period.
Haynes King QB Late Oct – Ankle Tue, Sep 14 King is sidelined with a fracture right ankle, and it is likely that he will miss four to seven weeks.
Layden Robinson OL Ques Sat – Undisclosed Sun, Sep 26 Robinson missed the last two games due to an unknown injury, and it is undetermined if he will dress for the tilt against Mississippi State on Saturday.

1 hour ago, yoladu said:

i always cringe when I see the milkmen whooping it up with the aggy player after he scores a touchdown. It's like they cant get there fast enough, patting him on the back and whooping.

all i can imagine is the player thinking : "oh, man, get away from me."

It almost feels like stolen valor, these guys acting like they did something.

I felt exactly that way after their TD pass celebration last weekend. It was so embarrassing to see those yell leaders whooping it up with that player.

1 hour ago, Vertigo said:

the rumors about Spiller are indeed true and he opts out after the mudhole by Alabama, then things could go off the rails. Achane is a scary back but I don't know that he can handle 25 carries per game

If spiller was getting 25 carries a game then why are they complaining about it giving him the ball enough?  Or achane being the back at the end of the msu game?

they don’t need to replace a 25 carries a game back because they don’t use spiller like that. 

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

If spiller was getting 25 carries a game then why are they complaining about it giving him the ball enough?  Or achane being the back at the end of the msu game?

they don’t need to replace a 25 carries a game back because they don’t use spiller like that. 

Achane gets about 10 touches per game. Spiller gets about 15-20. Achane can't absorb that workload by himself. That is my point. 

1 hour ago, Burt Macklin said:

No way the SEC would let them get paired up with SMU. 

Not so sure. If it really was Sankey's plan to have the 12 team playoff signed sealed and delivered before announcing Texas and OU to the SEC and aggy prematurely leaked the news, he might be mad enough to hang them out to dry.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

2 hours ago, South Austin said:

Edited.  The aggy nonconference schedule since they joined the SEC helps ensure that they'll at least hover above .500.

In aggys defense (which is hard to say), all the SEC schools do this.    But aggy is taking it to step lower if you look at their future schedules for the next three seasons

https://fbschedules.com/ncaa/texas-am/

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Vertigo said:

If the rumors about Spiller are indeed true and he opts out after the mudhole by Alabama, then things could go off the rails. Achane is a scary back but I don't know that he can handle 25 carries per game. They have talent at receiver but no way to get the ball to them. Weidermeyer, Spiller, and Smith constitute 90% of their offense. I could easily see a scenario where more than one of those players if not all shut it down late in the season. If that happens, there is no world where they beat LSU or Auburn. 

On the bright side, it gives Liucci fodder for the hopecoaster next year. I can just see the line now: "The one silver lining to this season is that many of the young players on the roster got valuable SEC game experience. This will help the depth as they replace key guys from last year's team."

I mean honestly, I'd rather have their stars play out a half-hearted shitty season instead of letting their young guys get reps. I don't care about Liucci who will drum up propaganda either way, but those reps would genuinely help out a bit for next year.

13 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

I mean honestly, I'd rather have their stars play out a half-hearted shitty season instead of letting their young guys get reps. I don't care about Liucci who will drum up propaganda either way, but those reps would genuinely help out a bit for next year.

Was this rumor ever substantiated or verified/sourced?  Delicious if true.  

I wonder what goes through Jimbo's mind every time he hears:

Manzell

Elite

Sleeping giant

Bigger/richer than

Us and Alabama

As storied as

Blue blood

Redass

Held down

Have the best

All-time top 5.

Out of time.

If Bevo didn't cheat

If it wasn't because of, we...

I can't imagine being a new coach never exposed to the real aggy. Chuckling, grinning, nodding my head in agreement... Until it dawned on me - I think these fools are serious!   

Why is it so hot in here all of a sudden?    Oh God, Im going to be sick....  My iced tea was in a mason jar at lunch.

6 minutes ago, utee94 said:

Indeed. That's really all that needs to be said.  He's being well compensated, not to be a good coach, but simply to put up with the crazy.

True, but he only has to put up with a crazy fanbase.   $95 million and not married anymore = I'm can put up with pretty much anything for 10 years and ride the wave out.. 

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, NYBevo said:

I didn't realize that play started at the ten. He barely has time to set his feet before he's attacked from all sides. I'm sure the Aggie have some reason to say this is all on him.

Also, the reported injuries fit the Aggie schmaltz tradition perfectly. Remember how they all sighed and touched themselves everytime Stevie Eyebrows McGee started his fake limping after the first play of the game. He's so brave and full of the rough-tough.

Now they can do that for their entire injury-riddled team from whom God Himself at the behest of tu stole away their certain natty.

The Jimbo-ists have plenty of room to defend poor victimized Jimbo.

53 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

In aggys defense (which is hard to say), all the SEC schools do this.    But aggy is taking it to step lower if you look at their future schedules for the next three seasons

https://fbschedules.com/ncaa/texas-am/

Abilene christian                                New Mexico St.                                    LA Monroe                                   UMASS
Sam Houston                                             App St                                           Mcneese                                               Bowling green                                   New Mexico St

Murders row over the next 3 seasons. My guess is once UT/OU join up and the schedule gets shuffled they will have to drop Miami x 2 and Domer to keep room on their schedule for the tough games above   

What an absolute joke, beating their chests over winning 3-4 real games each year against the dregs of the SEC.  In 10 years they are .513 in conference play.   Pretty sure they have 4 wins over FBS teams with a winning record in the past 4 seasons.

The good news for us is we will become beneficiaries of the SEC bias and should start out every season top 10.  After Bama, UGA, OU, UT, UF, fOSU, Pedo, Clemson, Domer, and Oregon (maybe USC if they find a coach) there simply wont be any room left for teams like aggy to start top 10. 

Sure, they will still get the benefit of SEC bias but won’t start out near the top.  They will actually have to do something to get overrated and by then it’s October and it’s too late.   Clackety clack, the cart falls of it tracks.   

3 hours ago, Gaffords said:

Without messing with the freebies, aggy has scored 10-10-22.  The only non pay-to-win game they've won was by 3 points over a horrendous Colorado... 

Yeah, they're terrible.  They've played three P5 teams, and they're barely scoring one TD per game.  Colorado is probably among the very worst in football - down there with Kansas - and they squeaked out a 3-point win.  The other two are middle-of-the pack, and they are 0-2. 

When you go into a season believing that you're elite, and you end up sub-.500, the implosion (defections, recruiting whiffs, fan revolts) is inevitable.  We had one of those train wrecks in 2010, but we could at least point to that season as an anomaly, coming off a shit ton of big wins (Michigan, USC, multiple wins over both OU and Ohio State) in 04 05, 08, and 09.

Their program is on thin ice, and that tenth-of-a-billion-dollars Jimbo contract is looking disastrous.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Gaffords said:

I wonder what goes through Jimbo's mind every time he hears:

Manzell

Elite

Sleeping giant

Bigger/richer than

Us and Alabama

As storied as

Blue blood

Redass

Held down

Have the best

All-time top 5.

Out of time.

If Bevo didn't cheat

If it wasn't because of, we...

I can't imagine being a new coach never exposed to the real aggy. Chuckling, grinning, nodding my head in agreement... Until it dawned on me - I think these fools are serious!   

Why is it so hot in here all of a sudden?    Oh God, Im going to be sick....  My iced tea was in a mason jar at lunch.

Big-Boy

Sitting

On 10/2/2021 at 8:00 PM, LTtxfan said:

5p2geg.gif

Once upon an evening dreary
I watched our team look weak and weary.
Then came a grackle from a distant shore
Landing on the Kyle Field floor

He stood there stoic, as if napping
Sometimes crapping, crapping on the Kyle Field floor.
"Tis some visitor" I muttered, "crapping on the Kyle Field floor.
Only this and nothing more."

Ah, distinctly I remember
Two whole months before December
The crystal trophy we adore
Beyond our grasp forevermore.
Quoth the grackle, "Nevermore."

Eagerly, I wished the morrow; vainly I had sought to borrow
From the playbook surcease of sorrow-something we could use to score
And renew hope for the trophy we adore
Absent here forevermore.

Presently my soul grew stronger; hesitating there no longer.
We were only down a score. Only this and nothing more.
But then Calzada was cast upon the end zone floor
And hopes were dashed forevermore.

And the grackle, never flitting, still is sitting, still is sitting
On the pallid crust of Kyle Field floor;
And his eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming,
And the stadium light o'er him streaming throws his shadow on the floor;
And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
Shall be lifted nevermore!

The grackle came for aggy’s soul.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, futureman said:

Foster just barely let that guy slip by him to get the sack and safety. 

B72C96B5-20C4-475E-8FF5-FCDFD92F06C7.jpeg

It really is funny as hell to watch #22 the whole play. He thinks he's about to get doubled by the LG, so he does a half-hearted spin move that he doesn't think is going to actually work. Then he's shocked when Foster is out over his feet too much and actually gets completely burned by it. Then he realizes he has a straight path to the QB because his LB #2 just straight dumped the RG on his ass despite the late chip from Spiller (hilarious in its own right). So 3 seconds after the snap he starts trying and wins the game with a sack safety.

Who's #54 for A&M? Their online roster has a guy with a significantly paler complexion as the only #54.

Watching this makes me think aggy is fucked, because if Mississippi St could exploit the weaknesses of Leon and Calzada, teams with better athletes are going to crush A&M.

The first three plays pretty much show why Leon O'Neal isn't going to be playing at the next level. The rest of the session is a blueprint for how teams are going to crush aggy this year. A&M just looks horrible in this. It almost breaks my heart.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1