• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

On 10/16/2022 at 3:45 PM, TexEx15 said:

After our game winning TD against Iowa State I couldn’t help but compare Sark’s play call vs Jimbo’s call to try and beat Bama. It’s beautiful. 

Worthy shoulda curled back and ran out of the end zone back to the 3 yd line if he was a real player….

On 10/17/2022 at 6:18 AM, BabaYaga said:

Wait, some dumb chuckle-fuck wore an aggie jersey to a Texas game against another team?  WTF

Crowd getting soft.  He shoulda' been derided the entire game. And who invited this chode, that has the fucking audacity to wear that shit.  

Nah. Texas A&M fans at our games should be ignored or be blandly polite to. They clearly want the attention to feed their victim narrative.

Besides they are just giving money to our athletic department.

Edited by Valmy77
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Nah. Texas A&M fans at our games should be ignored or be blandly polite to. They clearly want the attention to feed their victim narrative.

Besides they are just giving money to our athletic department.

Damn them sips!  I got all purtied up in my Johnny Football jersey, went to the TU game, and nobody even noticed!  Not a one said "HOWDY!" back to me when I gave 'em the horns down!  

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Native Horn said:

Damn them sips!  I got all purtied up in my Johnny Football jersey, went to the TU game, and nobody even noticed!  Not a one said "HOWDY!" back to me when I gave 'em the horns down!  

At the Texas v OU game I stayed at hotel near the tollway and 121 with lots of OU fans. When they got in the elevator after the game their face was like crap a Texas fan and they were ready to respond. All I would say was hello.  They left with a look of utter humiliation by the fact that they were not even worth making fun of, it was delightful.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, DanTheHorn said:

At the Texas v OU game I stayed at hotel near the tollway and 121 with lots of OU fans. When they got in the elevator after the game their face was like crap a Texas fan and they were ready to respond. All I would say was hello.  They left with a look of utter humiliation by the fact that they were not even worth making fun of, it was delightful.

"Shift change for the maintenance crew?"

On 10/17/2022 at 1:00 AM, Tex Pete said:

Speaking of stupid fucking aggies, some dumb shit showed up to the game yesterday wearing a #93 aggies jersey, presumably his class year or, more likely, IQ.

I dropped a “poor aggies” on him as he was arriving to his seat because who the fuck would wear that shit to a Longhorn game. Nobody is jealous of that third rate academic institution with shitty teams. If we wanted to go there, we would have applied to lesser schools and settled. After the game, I happened to see him outside the stadium and called a moron. I realize it wasn’t news to anyone in the vicinity. He couldn’t have looked dumber if he had worn a red afro and clown nose. 

That’s generous

Athletic: College football coaching exits that led to awkward goodbyes and ‘many cervezas’ - Sherman A&M part below:

the big takeaway, Mike Sherman is a stand up dude.

The next day, at his exit news conference, Sherman told reporters how it unfolded.

“It was disappointing to a degree because my family had the opportunity to find out before I did because it was released a little sooner than I was told, and that’s disappointing,” he said. “Because I think we’re better than that.”

Sherman said he told Davis on the phone that he was looking forward to seeing him, but couldn’t. Since the school was making a coaching change, he didn’t want to use up one of the two in-home visits allotted to the program for each recruit, only one of which goes to the head coach.

Davis was heartbroken. The former top-100 national recruit talked to dozens of college coaches throughout his process, from Alabama’s Nick Saban to Auburn’s Gene Chizik and Gus Malzahn to Clemson offensive coordinator Chad Morris to Oklahoma head coach Bob Stoops to Texas’ Mack Brown. He trusted Sherman more than any of them.

Before Sherman ended the phone call, he asked Davis for a favor.

“I want you to make me a promise,” Sherman said, according to Davis. “Don’t decommit. A&M is a great school. It’s a great program. I’m not telling you that you have to come, but I want you to give the next coach a chance.”

full:

Spoiler

Mike Sherman, Texas A&M: 2011

On the evening of Dec. 1, 2011, in north Houston, four-star quarterback Matt Davis and his family patiently waited for an in-home visit from Texas A&M coach Mike Sherman.

It was five days after the Aggies’ disappointing 6-6 season had wrapped up with a loss to rival Texas. Debate raged in the interim about Sherman’s future. Should he stay or go? After four seasons, the Aggies were 25-25 under his watch and the school would enter the SEC the next year. After starting 2011 ranked in the top 10, finishing .500 was a disappointment.

Meanwhile, Davis — who committed to A&M in large part because of Sherman — was aching to get to Aggieland. He had become one of the most vocal players in the Aggies’ recruiting class, spearheading what became known on social media as the #AggSwaggMovement to convince other top players to head to College Station.

The night of Sherman’s scheduled visit, Davis’ mother had hors d’oeuvres prepared, including two panfuls of pigs in blankets. Then Davis’ phone rang. It was Sherman, in the car with an assistant coach, just moments away from arriving at Davis’ home.

“We’re not going to make it,” Sherman informed him. “We have to turn around because they decided to let me go.”

Davis was speechless.

Moments earlier, Sherman — the former Green Bay Packers head coach — received a phone call from then-A&M athletic director Bill Byrne informing him of his fate. News of Sherman’s firing leaked to the media, and Byrne called Sherman while the coach was recruiting so that he didn’t hear it first from someone else.

The next day, at his exit news conference, Sherman told reporters how it unfolded.

“It was disappointing to a degree because my family had the opportunity to find out before I did because it was released a little sooner than I was told, and that’s disappointing,” he said. “Because I think we’re better than that.”

Sherman said he told Davis on the phone that he was looking forward to seeing him, but couldn’t. Since the school was making a coaching change, he didn’t want to use up one of the two in-home visits allotted to the program for each recruit, only one of which goes to the head coach.

Davis was heartbroken. The former top-100 national recruit talked to dozens of college coaches throughout his process, from Alabama’s Nick Saban to Auburn’s Gene Chizik and Gus Malzahn to Clemson offensive coordinator Chad Morris to Oklahoma head coach Bob Stoops to Texas’ Mack Brown. He trusted Sherman more than any of them.

“I want you to make me a promise,” Sherman said, according to Davis. “Don’t decommit. A&M is a great school. It’s a great program. I’m not telling you that you have to come, but I want you to give the next coach a chance.”

Davis took that to heart.

“It was a shock,” Davis recently told The Athletic. “The manner in which it happened, I was like, ‘Wow.'”

Moments later his phone was inundated with calls and texts from other coaches who hoped to get in on the recruitment and reporters wanting to know his next move. A week and a half later, Sherman’s replacement, Kevin Sumlin was in his living room for an in-home visit. Davis stuck with his commitment and signed with the Aggies in February 2012.

At his news conference the next day, Sherman said he didn’t believe he deserved to be fired. “I think this program is heading in the right direction,” he said. “But I also understand that we live in a society today where it’s easier to change than to fix.”

The following season, with Sumlin in charge, offensive coordinator Kliff Kingsbury calling the offense and redshirt freshman quarterback Johnny Manziel leading the way, the Aggies took the SEC by storm, upsetting Alabama en route to an 11-2 record and a top-five finish. Multiple Sherman recruits, including Manziel, receiver Mike Evans and four offensive linemen, became first-round NFL Draft picks.

Sherman returned to the NFL, spending two seasons with the Miami Dolphins, then made stops in the high school ranks and the Canadian Football League.

Davis spent a year at A&M, then transferred to Tyler Junior College and finished his career at SMU, where he spent three seasons and started 17 games.

As for the food Davis’ mother had prepared for the A&M coaches?

“I ate all 24 pigs in a blanket,” Davis said.

• Hook 'Em 3

14 minutes ago, Rio Don said:

I'm so fucking old.  Is he trying to get some ass with a public PSA or something?  Or did he DM someone and they put him on blast?  I'll hang up my Nokia 6160 and listen.

He's trying to get some ass. 

"What are you doing cutie, I'm in columbia south carolina trying to see you. Let me know if this is worth pursuing or not. I'm just trying to see where we're at."

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, NoName said:

Athletic: College football coaching exits that led to awkward goodbyes and ‘many cervezas’ - Sherman A&M part below:

the big takeaway, Mike Sherman is a stand up dude.

full:

Hide contents

Mike Sherman, Texas A&M: 2011

On the evening of Dec. 1, 2011, in north Houston, four-star quarterback Matt Davis and his family patiently waited for an in-home visit from Texas A&M coach Mike Sherman.

It was five days after the Aggies’ disappointing 6-6 season had wrapped up with a loss to rival Texas. Debate raged in the interim about Sherman’s future. Should he stay or go? After four seasons, the Aggies were 25-25 under his watch and the school would enter the SEC the next year. After starting 2011 ranked in the top 10, finishing .500 was a disappointment.

Meanwhile, Davis — who committed to A&M in large part because of Sherman — was aching to get to Aggieland. He had become one of the most vocal players in the Aggies’ recruiting class, spearheading what became known on social media as the #AggSwaggMovement to convince other top players to head to College Station.

The night of Sherman’s scheduled visit, Davis’ mother had hors d’oeuvres prepared, including two panfuls of pigs in blankets. Then Davis’ phone rang. It was Sherman, in the car with an assistant coach, just moments away from arriving at Davis’ home.

“We’re not going to make it,” Sherman informed him. “We have to turn around because they decided to let me go.”

Davis was speechless.

Moments earlier, Sherman — the former Green Bay Packers head coach — received a phone call from then-A&M athletic director Bill Byrne informing him of his fate. News of Sherman’s firing leaked to the media, and Byrne called Sherman while the coach was recruiting so that he didn’t hear it first from someone else.

Davis took that to heart.

“It was a shock,” Davis recently told The Athletic. “The manner in which it happened, I was like, ‘Wow.'”

Moments later his phone was inundated with calls and texts from other coaches who hoped to get in on the recruitment and reporters wanting to know his next move. A week and a half later, Sherman’s replacement, Kevin Sumlin was in his living room for an in-home visit. Davis stuck with his commitment and signed with the Aggies in February 2012.

At his news conference the next day, Sherman said he didn’t believe he deserved to be fired. “I think this program is heading in the right direction,” he said. “But I also understand that we live in a society today where it’s easier to change than to fix.”

The following season, with Sumlin in charge, offensive coordinator Kliff Kingsbury calling the offense and redshirt freshman quarterback Johnny Manziel leading the way, the Aggies took the SEC by storm, upsetting Alabama en route to an 11-2 record and a top-five finish. Multiple Sherman recruits, including Manziel, receiver Mike Evans and four offensive linemen, became first-round NFL Draft picks.

Sherman returned to the NFL, spending two seasons with the Miami Dolphins, then made stops in the high school ranks and the Canadian Football League.

Davis spent a year at A&M, then transferred to Tyler Junior College and finished his career at SMU, where he spent three seasons and started 17 games.

As for the food Davis’ mother had prepared for the A&M coaches?

“I ate all 24 pigs in a blanket,” Davis said.

Davis was the “slept they coach” guy, right?

• Hook 'Em 1