• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

1 hour ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

TEXAS A&M - Very Impressive Stats!!!!!!  Jimbo's buyout costs.....

Posted on 10/24/22 at 11:16 am
up vote38down vote2
bkm1.png
Year Buyout Number
2022 $85,950,000
2023 $76,800,000
2024 $67,550,000
2025 $58,200,000
2026 $48,750,000
2027 $39,200,000
2028 $29,550,000
2029 $19,800,000
2030 $9,950,000

This will also be used in recruiting against them for the next few years until they can afford to fire him.

"They extended him to keep it at 10 years before. Why do you think they haven't extended him the last few years? He's not going to be there your whole career, guaranteed."

Also, another reminder of this brilliance:

"Texas A&M’s Jimbo Fisher Is Worth Every Penny of His Contract Extension" - by Richard Justice

https://www.texasmonthly.com/arts-entertainment/jimbo-fisher-contract-extension/

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

The notion of A&M being able to "afford" to buy him out at some point is hilarious.  It's still the same amount of money.  His annual salary chips away at the buyout, plus/minus.

Beyond that, any austerity plan in which A&M doesn't extend or give raises is, in the current environment, tacit admission that they are just riding it out.  It's a bad look, and it furthers @Huckleberry's notion that recruiting will suffer.  Not that recruiting isn't already suffering, or that they're doing anything with the talent they've signed.

• Hook 'Em 1

I’m really torn about the reports of a divided locker room and impending mass portalling of the bestest ‘crootin’ class evah. 
On the one hand, I want the mediocrity to stay around as long as possible, leaving aggy in perpetual CFB purgatory. 
On the other hand, I always want complete and utter aggy collapse. Every year. 
So it’s really a win-win situation. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

Heard about this tweet on Jim Rome today:

This is funny because Jace was drafted 1 spot before McLaurin, and this aggy TE (who Looch said was their Gronk) is already out of the NFL after 3 years and 4 teams. 

Speaking of which, looks like their other "great" TE Wydermire went undrafted this year and is already out of the NFL after 2 teams. 

Jimbo's just killing it with the NFL player development for his favorite pass catchers. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, DanTheHorn said:

Believe me they are even better then they seem in the good times.

vince-young-texas-longhorns-championship

They have just never come close to experiencing it.

That's not true. They got to celebrate a national championship AND Hitler invading Poland all in the same season. It's just every year since then that's been not so good for them. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Pods said:

That's not true. They got to celebrate a national championship AND Hitler invading Poland all in the same season. It's just every year since then that's been not so good for them. 

My bad I forgot I had to refer to all those 90+ year old internet posters that were old enough to experience it.

34 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Other twitter rumor is that one of the Aggie trainers caught two Aggie players tag-teaming a woman who was not associated with the team in the locker room.

Could it have been the player who was DMing a chick on Friday about getting together in Columbia?

7 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Do we even want Harris? He seems like the biggest fuckup in a class full of big fuckups. I'm serious.

Absolutely not, he is the leader of the dipshits. Bryce Anderson (6th ranked run defender in the nation regardless of position) is the one who we need to be in contact with.

I still can't believe they distribute tickets to students in that manner when they're going to be begging people to fill up that monstrosity. Do any fellow olds remember standing in line at Belmont and handing over your IDs for your group and watching them spin the wooden box full of tickets like lotto balls? Mind you kids, this was 1985, or 2022 in bryan/college station.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1