• Replies 72k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

Don't these sec hicks get tired of bad-mouthing the Horns?  I guess we should be flattered.....

Post your Texas arrogance stories here…

Posted on 8/13/23 at 7:34 am

uArw.png22dArw.png14
bkm1.png
The University of Texas is known as one of the most arrogant schools in America and that is a rightfully earned reputation. 

Back in 2019 when we were there for LSUs game against them we were enjoying a nice tailgate in a crowded area. We sort of meshed in with some Texas students/fans and were having a great time. After a while I asked them if they were coming to the game in Baton Rouge next year. They looked completely perplexed and I asked them why and they said they had no idea they’d have to come to Baton Rouge the following year. You could tell they were thinking this was similar to Rice coming to Texas, that it was an honor for us to be here or something. Never occurred to them LSU is it’s own proud institution that wouldn’t come to Texas without the expectation of a return trip.

We (the LSU fans) had a really good laugh about that after the game.

https://www.secrant.com/rant/sec-football/post-your-texas-arrogance-stories-here/109311278/

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Don't these sec hicks get tired of bad-mouthing the Horns?  I guess we should be flattered.....

uArw.png22dArw.png14
bkm1.png
The University of Texas is known as one of the most arrogant schools in America and that is a rightfully earned reputation. 

Back in 2019 when we were there for LSUs game against them we were enjoying a nice tailgate in a crowded area. We sort of meshed in with some Texas students/fans and were having a great time. After a while I asked them if they were coming to the game in Baton Rouge next year. They looked completely perplexed and I asked them why and they said they had no idea they’d have to come to Baton Rouge the following year. You could tell they were thinking this was similar to Rice coming to Texas, that it was an honor for us to be here or something. Never occurred to them LSU is it’s own proud institution that wouldn’t come to Texas without the expectation of a return trip.

https://www.secrant.com/rant/sec-football/post-your-texas-arrogance-stories-here/109311278/

Oblivious college students are oblivious, details at 11

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

uArw.png22dArw.png14
bkm1.png

This shit seems about as true as the locker room AC story 

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

uArw.png22dArw.png14
bkm1.png

I'll take the bait. We come across as arrogant because the truth just sounds like that. A very large portion of our students don't really care or know about the tradition of Texas football. They take their admission because they're Top 6%-7% and know that UT is the most competitive and best academic public school in the state. And the fact that they come to UT renews the academic prestige each year. So it is what it is; I accept the tradeoff. If they were talking to a student then sure they might not have any idea what "home and home" means in NCAA football speak. 

We have plenty of real Texas football fans too, he could've shown up to the Surly tailgate and seen a completely different type of fan and left with a completely different opinion on Texas fans. (softball toss to what that might be)

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, BurdineBandit said:

We have plenty of real Texas football fans too, he could've shown up to the Surly tailgate and seen a completely different type of fan and left with a completely different opinion on Texas fans. (softball toss to what that might be)

I highly doubt he'd come to a Surly tailgate and come away with the idea that Texas fans aren't arrogant.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 8/12/2023 at 4:26 PM, closetojumping said:

Every time I click over to SEC Rant, I wind up feeling completely embarrassed for those clowns and their fake cusswords and slurs. “fig” equals “fag”. Is allowing a poster to use a different letter to make the same slur about someone supposed to make it better? It’s pathetic. 

However, even more pathetic, is the notion that that gaggle of imbeciles and four-flushers find a kinship with sooner fans as “their kind of people”. If I was a sooner, I’d have to feel like I’m stepping down in class while holding my nose and joining these rubes. At the same time, I find it encouraging that they don’t see any alignment with our fanbase and already hate us. I don’t think most of those fans are prepared for the fact that a) we honestly do not give a fuck what they think or feel and b) there is nothing, I mean nothing, that they’re going to be able to do to change our collective outlook. 

They better hope to hell that we really are mediocre, because when we are good, we are truly, gleefully insufferable. I’ll wear the “arrogant” and “entitled” adjectives as badges of honor and go out of my way to infuriate the assholes who whine about it. 

Pointing your browser to SEC Rant had been proven to cost you 25 IQ points.

5 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

uArw.png22dArw.png14
bkm1.png

The best part is that the follow up game got cancelled.

Also many times when Rice would play Texas, they'd reciprocate and have the game at Reliant, which we like because it gives us a nice game in Houston.

LSU fans remain powerfully stupid

• Hook 'Em 2

7 hours ago, TKthunder2 said:

We’re Texas. We have our own identity and do not need the validation of others.

We did not try to fit in with aggy, pig, or the tiny private schools of the SWC.

We didn’t try to fit in with dirt burglars, corn, or the farm schools of the Big8.

We won’t try to fit in with the Deep South mother fuckers either.

If that makes us arrogant then so be it, but I’d rather be arrogant than try to fit in by doing stupid shit like this…

https://athlonsports.com/girls/texas-ams-welcome-sec-video-disaster

The vid link is dead.  Try this one:

https://streamable.com/zdou1v

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

uArw.png22dArw.png14
bkm1.png

87551BE5-F6A1-45F6-A576-1C927FB74507.jpeg.4850696e6ea8483a6cfb55f836db7426.jpeg

37 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

Okay, I'ma go back a ways, and quote a totally apropos statement from Dizzy Dean - a native of either Texas or Arkysaw, depending on who you ask. 

"It ain't braggin' if ya ackshually done it."

csb:  my Mom grew up next door to Dizzy Dean.  He owned a duplex, lived in one half, and rented the other half out to my grandparents.

image.png.af1fd911e10d0910a2186baedb11a9c7.png

Edited by jimmyjazz
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1