Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

10 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Weigman done for season…. Maybe a career, depending on how it heals. Fractured talus. Surgery next monday

Terrible for the kid.  Hopefully it heals well and he doesn't lose a ton of range of motion.   Aggie now one hit away from going o-fer for the rest of the season.  

• Hook 'Em 1

• Replies 72k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

35 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Weigman done for season…. Maybe a career, depending on how it heals. Fractured talus. Surgery next monday

i know you have had some insight in them before, but there ain't shit out there on this right now.

if this is what it actually is that's huge.

• Hook 'Em 1

Poster on IT

Campbell95 said:
Weigman’s initial prognosis appears to have been a bit too optimistic. They’ll be lucky if he’s back for Ole Miss.

also.. this is from aggy247

farmersfight08
Posted on 93 secs, V I P, User Since 149 months ago, User Post Count: 4097

• 93 secsVIP
  • 149 months

Someone posted in another thread that there might be a small fracture

On 9/25/2023 at 8:05 AM, NoName said:

dude went from A&M to Cincy to the Bengals in the NFL then to Texas State and then was not kept on when they hired GJ. evidently he spent 2023 with the USFL team and now runs OL camps? so he is actually available if they wanted to re-hire him.

https://theeagle.com/sports/college/aggiesports/football/former-texas-a-m-assistant-coach-jim-turner-lines-up-perfect-job/article_73dadb2e-34e7-11ee-b1d2-a3a924050bb5.html

Turner was fired at TXST in Feb of 2022, long before Spav was fired in Nov 2022.  Not sure we ever found out what it was he said/did.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, ClubWhatever said:

None of those teams is really good and all are very beatable by that bunch.  Alabama is the best but will never score more than 28 except against air or Middle Tennessee.  Arkansas defense is stool softened purée.  South Carolina's offensive line is garbage.  If A&M, with their talent, doesn't go at least 2-2 against that lineup then there is an inside betting scandal at work. 

But, this is true every year.  It's all part of the bullshit myth of the SEC "gauntlet."  The only difference is that this year, Alabama isn't head and shoulders above the rest.

So it's true every year and yet the ags still manage to hit that 4-4 conference mark pretty consistently, year after year.

Except for last year of course.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

Damn... Sucks for the kid if true....

Looks like CTJ won his bet

What did I bet and with whom on this one? I am at the point where I can't tell if I have actually placed all of these random bets or if it is taking on a meme-like quality on Surly to reference it. It's entertaining either way, at least.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, TrashMaster G said:

When we were in Tuscaloosa we learned that 60% of Alabama's students come from out of state and ran into several students who were Texas fans. They are one of several schools in the South that offer Texas kids in-state tuition.

It's not quite like that, as far as Alabama is concerned, they do offer a ton of scholarships to offset the out of state costs.  They're very generous but they're not automatic.  My daughter had a 3.95 gpa in high school but her school and class were very competitive.  She wasn't even top 20% with those grades.  
My son went to UT and received exactly ZERO scholarships.  Most all of those go to the "disadvantaged".  At Alabama, my daughter received a merit scholarship and a couple of additional ones initially and continues to receive new ones she keeps applying. They gave her one for having "extensively traveled throughout Central America" as a kid. 
It helped her that she had a lot on her resume.  Volunteer work, FFA, Cheer, student counsel, TOKC and I'm sure I'm forgetting a few others.  The point is that is they do like students who are involved in activities that they can show they did something other than just show up or win a popularity contest  (the Texas admissions people say this as well) and that is what separated her from her peers and earned her close to $100,000 in scholarships so far. 

Oh, and she's having the time of her life.  That place parties.

p.s. The 60% out of state is true.

Edited by Teamdirtyleg
  • Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, Mr. Drummond said:

These don't often go together.

Her freshman year in high school.  My wife dragged our daughter to the FFA Club meeting after the teacher gave her and a couple of her cheer friends the hard sell on FFA.  My wife and daughter walk into the school looking for the meeting.  They spot a bunch of rejects and dorks sitting around in what should be the meeting location inside the cafeteria.  They both, mother and daughter, keep walking like they're there for something else and find the nearest exit to the parking lot.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, GreenspointTexas said:

1 hour ago, GreenspointTexas said:

none. You heard it here first

damn.  ballgame for conner?

Edited by sidis
  • Hook 'Em 1

48 minutes ago, Teamdirtyleg said:

It helped her that she had a lot on her resume.  Volunteer work, FFA, Cheer, student counsel, TOKC and I'm sure I'm forgetting a few others.  The point is that is they do like students who are involved in activities that they can show they did something other than just show up or win a popularity contest  (the Texas admissions people say this as well) and that is what separated her from her peers and earned her close to $100,000 in scholarships so far. 

18 minutes ago, Teamdirtyleg said:

Her freshman year in high school.  My wife dragged our daughter to the FFA Club meeting after the teacher gave her and a couple of her cheer friends the hard sell on FFA.  My wife and daughter walk into the school looking for the meeting.  They spot a bunch of rejects and dorks sitting around in what should be the meeting location inside the cafeteria.  They both, mother and daughter, keep walking like they're there for something else and find the nearest exit to the parking lot.  

Of course it shows up on the resume. She "showed up" for a meeting.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

What did I bet and with whom on this one? I am at the point where I can't tell if I have actually placed all of these random bets or if it is taking on a meme-like quality on Surly to reference it. It's entertaining either way, at least.

I thought it was something about how many games Weigman would start or something about him getting injured behind that OL…

Or fuck, it might just be a meme at this point. It is all starting to run together. We might need to set up a Surly bet sub-board in IPIHB to set up bet challenges and a CTJ bet tracker….

• Hook 'Em 2

22 minutes ago, BornOrange said:

Of course it shows up on the resume. She "showed up" for a meeting.

We raised a goat and she placed 2nd.  Ended up selling it for a couple thousand at auction.  She just never went to the meetings.

PSA:  Goats are the devil.  Don't bring one into your world. They fuck everything up.

Edited by Teamdirtyleg
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Teamdirtyleg said:

We raised a goat and she placed 2nd.  Ended up selling it for a couple thousand at auction.  She just never went to the meetings.

PSA:  Goats are the devil.  Don't bring one into your world. They fuck everything up.

To get back on topic, the poor goat acted that way because it knew it was destined to be auctioned off to a sick, depraved, goat-rapist aggy.

• Haha 1

Max Johnson seems like a pretty good kid, but I hope he fails. Different than wishing injury upon him to be sure.

It worked out well for aggy. They probably had to take Max in the portal to get his mid 4 star brother. At worst they are getting a serviceable back up QB and a good, young TE. I imagine Max stayed at aggy another season to play his brother. Win-win, but again I hope they lose. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis

39 minutes ago, MuellerHorn said:

Yeah, I was posting the “proof.” The poster I was responding to asked where the rumor came from. 

My response to Blacklab was a joke. He runs this place, and I thought (erroneously) that if I called him out on his statement not having any supporting link, it might be funny. Specially in light of the fact that another poster did the same thing just a bit earlier, and we kinda went with it.  Maybe I should just stick to lowbrow, food stuff.

/csb

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, TrashMaster G said:

When we were in Tuscaloosa we learned that 60% of Alabama's students come from out of state and ran into several students who were Texas fans. They are one of several schools in the South that offer Texas kids in-state tuition.

This was a few years ago now, but Bama offered my son full out of state tuition scholarship (no room and board) based solely on his 34 ACT score. He was all but set to go, and we had placed deposits for a dorm and visited three times, until Texas offered acceptance to MCCombs (no scholarship/financial aid at all) in March of that spring, so he ended up staying here. Several of his classmates took them up on it.

• Hook 'Em 1

52 minutes ago, Steel Shank said:

My response to Blacklab was a joke. He runs this place, and I thought (erroneously) that if I called him out on his statement not having any supporting link, it might be funny. Specially in light of the fact that another poster did the same thing just a bit earlier, and we kinda went with it.  Maybe I should just stick to lowbrow, food stuff.

/csb

Hoity toity popcorn seinfeld GIF on GIFER - by Shaktiran

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3