• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

1 minute ago, Guadaloopy said:

I don't have the software or editing skills to do it, but someone who does should take this commercial and replace all of the crowd shots with clips of the torch and pitchfork mob from "Frankenstein."

Sidebar: So last Tuesday I met a sign language interpreter at Barton Springs Saloon and so I told her I felt really sorry for the poor ASL translator that they have at midnight yell at Texas A&M.  She didn't know what the fuck I was talking about so I pulled up the App State clip from last year and she explained to me in no uncertain terms that they are sign language interpreters and not sign language translators so when they get into that crazy ass yell leader gibberish the person doing the signs is likely just making stuff up to fill in the spaces and may even be signing for unintelligible so if you see this.... You know what's up.

https://www.signingsavvy.com/sign/UNINTELLIGIBLE

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Reese Bennett said:

I just don't see Traylor. He won't bring any portal players or major recruits with him and it will take 2-3 years at least for him to fix all the problems and get that thing turned around.

So yeah, it'll probably be Traylor. 

The reality is, their fan base isn't giving anyone more than three years to turn that shitshow around, and it is going to end up being a completely ground up reconstruction.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

Sidebar: So last Tuesday I met a sign language interpreter at Barton Springs Saloon and so I told her I felt really sorry for the poor ASL translator that they have at midnight yell at Texas A&M.  She didn't know what the fuck I was talking about so I pulled up the App State clip from last year and she explained to me in no uncertain terms that they are sign language interpreters and not sign language translators so when they get into that crazy ass yell leader gibberish the person doing the signs is likely just making stuff up to fill in the spaces and may even be signing for unintelligible so if you see this.... You know what's up.

That’s not far from signing pointing a gun in your mouth or to the temple… which I’m sure is what that poor person that has to be at yell practice would prefer doing 

Calling my shot here.  Lincoln Riley.  

The timing matches up.  (Their last game is this Saturday.)  Dan Lanning's timeline does not match up.  Also, why the abrupt firing now and not the end of the season.  LR will take it because it'll be his last big pay day.  He can't recruit at SC and he'll figure the NIL Aggy game will help him out there.

That'll be $9.95.

• Haha 3
  • Drool 1

22 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

Sharp is driving that place into the gutter both academically and athletically and no one has dared step up to him. I just assume its because he knows where all of the bodies are buried and everyone is afraid of him.

He's buddies with a lot of other prominent Aggies like Perry that have a ton of sway there.  It's how he got the job in the first place.  He's pretty entrenched I think.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

The timing matches up.  (Their last game is this Saturday.)  Dan Lanning's timeline does not match up.  Also, why the abrupt firing now and not the end of the season.  LR will take it because it'll be his last big pay day.  He can't recruit at SC and he'll figure the NIL Aggy game will help him out there.

That'll be $9.95.

LR already wussed out on SRC once don't think he wants to give himself handcuffs he wouldn't have had in Norman to take on the SRC.  His saving grace is going to be his defense won't look as bad against the B1G dregs he just moved one year too early.

Edited by Pimphand

2 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

That'll be $9.95.

College Station beats Los Angeles how?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, LonghornBreeder said:

I know that from the outside you can't understand it, and from the inside you can't explain it... but can't somebody from the outside explain what these idiots are doing in this pose?

Most of my cousins are Ags and I've never come across this dumb shit.

...and what's up with them spreading out so wide?

I'm surprised Gus Malzahn hasn't at least been mentioned.

He could actually do decent enough job and cost a lot less than all the other candidates they're throwing around.

And it would totally fit the in the SEC mold of retread coaches getting their 9th or 10th shot.

12 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

Did she say who the new coach was going to be? 

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Horny04 said:

College sports on xm today was saying they had to give Urban a call at least. As well as Ryan Day.

Also had Pubes on and he actually sounded realistic about how much they suck.

They seriously believe Ryan Day would leave Columbus for that shithole?  Holy fuck they're even more delusional than I previously gave them credit for.  That's practically Jim Jones level of cult delusion.

Though Luke Fickell might have taken that call a year ago when he was still at Cincinnati...he's the dude Ohio State passed over for the HC gig, if memory serves.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dnaguy said:

I'm surprised Gus Malzahn hasn't at least been mentioned.

He could actually do decent enough job and cost a lot less than all the other candidates they're throwing around.

And it would totally fit the in the SEC mold of retread coaches getting their 9th or 10th shot.

This

Dan Campbell went from playing 11 years in the NFL directly to coaching in the NFL the last 14 years. Currently has the Detroit fucking Lions at 7-2 and leading the NFC North. They're 14-4 in their last 18 games. Why would he go coach at aggy now?

He would not. He seems to be about as unAggie as a former Aggie can be, unlike Chad Morris who has professed his love of College Station everywhere he goes. But Aggies believe anyone getting a call will heed it. Dan Campbell will tell em to fuck off.

3 minutes ago, orangebird said:

They seriously believe Ryan Day would leave Columbus for that shithole?  Holy fuck they're even more delusional than I previously gave them credit for.  That's practically Jim Jones level of cult delusion.

Though Luke Fickell might have taken that call a year ago when he was still at Cincinnati...he's the dude Ohio State passed over for the HC gig, if memory serves.

Luke Fickell of 5-5 Wisconsin that just lost 3 straight including losses to Indiana and Northwestern?

That Luke Fickell?

I think Ohio State made the right call there.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, orangebird said:

There is a bunch of those gomers who, honest-to-god, think a&m is not a destination school.  It is THE destination school.  They just need the right guy and they will become a rolling ball of butcher knives in no time.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Dnaguy said:

Luke Fickell of 5-5 Wisconsin that just lost 3 straight including losses to Indiana and Northwestern?

That Luke Fickell?

I think Ohio State made the right call there.

I'll give him a pass for now, being his first year and all.  But yeah, if he's still pulling this shit in year three, then Ohio State definitely made the right call.

58 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Clemson outplayed Duke for the majority of that game, final score be damned. Clemson was going in to take the lead two different times in the third quarter but fumbled at the goal line both times. One was nearly returned for a TD and led to a short TD drive. Duke's last TD was another short field set up by a Klubnik INT.

Oh Briles does those other things too.

The final score was 28-7. No one cares what almost or could have happened.

That is beatdown on any level of a top-ten team and easily Duke's biggest win that I can remember. One of my daughters graduated from Duke and we went to the Virginia game on parents weekend three years ago. There were more people in the stands of our HS game than there was in the Duke stadium that day and Virginia is a big rival. Now you have sellouts, a beat-down of Clemson and a last-minute loss to Notre Dame. Elko is a good coach. 

• Hook 'Em 4

Art Briles at A&M is the best culture fit you could find for Aggy.

He'd be bargain basement cheap.

And he wouldn't demand a guaranteed contract as he's thirsty as hell.

I actually think he'd have success there too.

The only question is just how depraved and desperate are the donors?

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Dnaguy said:

Art Briles at A&M is the best culture fit you could find for Aggy.

He'd be bargain basement cheap.

And he wouldn't demand a guaranteed contract as he's thirsty as hell.

I actually think he'd have success there too.

The only question is just how depraved and desperate are the donors?

But think of the sheep!

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Had they done this last year, they might have gotten Matt Rhule, which would have been a really good hire for them.

lulz. the best thing about Matt Rhule is his PR team. He had eleven chances to beat a ranked team while at Baylor, and went winless. He would get steamrolled in the SEC. I'd rather have Tom Herman as coach. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Bjork has made two football hires since becoming a full time AD. 

At Western Kentucky in 2010 he hired Willie Taggert who was the Stanford RB coach. Side note: Jack Harbaugh was the replacement for Taggert at Stanford for the bowl. They also worded together previously at WKU in the 90s. 

At Ole Miss 2012 he hired Hugh Freeze after his first year as a HC at Arkansas State. He had taken over as HC at ASU after being the OC for one year. 

Some seem to think that he hired Kiffin at Ole Miss but that hire happened 7 months after Bjork left for College Station. The only connection there is the 2 years Durkin spent at Ole Miss. 

Based on his history, Bjork likes younger coaches and they don't have to have any history as a HC or even coordinator in Taggerts case. 

So my off the wall predication using his history of plucking Harbaugh staffs and up and comer types is Jesse Minter who is the Co DC at Michigan now. This is of course assuming that staff escapes without any NCAA penalties going forward. 

48 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

It has to be Elko, right?

Also, has Jimbo made any statement/comments since being fired?

Would you say anything other than "Where's my money?" on the way out?

44 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

Yeah, he made one that I saw. Put that shit in my bank account now.

This.

16 minutes ago, GTX Horn said:

Guys, we’re fucked. They may have Saudi money to bankroll their coaching searching and football program (courtesy of Longhornfrenzy on Twitter/X):

image.thumb.png.a3ffa4f03fa8d966f738a971cbe130e5.png
image.thumb.png.59bc5dc0b2dfd7bb322163df5750723e.png

Wait, the signs on I-35 I'm sure that were put up by aggy say that Saudi Oil = Bad.  There money is ok though?

26 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Had they done this last year, they might have gotten Matt Rhule, which would have been a really good hire for them.

I was thinking about Matt Rhule earlier.  Dude can coach and knows offensive line which is their biggest weakness (well, one of them at least).

Edited by pearlandhorn

6 minutes ago, TexasEd said:

Wait, the signs on I-35 I'm sure that were put up by aggy say that Saudi Oil = Bad.  There money is ok though?

*Their

We should tell the ESG cocksmokers to sit and spin but we also should not export oil from Texas to any of these other pansy states or nations.

*ESG = Environmental, Social, and Governance

The real ESG is Everyday Street Gangsta and he is cool as shit and excluded from this discussion.

Edited by Pimphand

3 hours ago, immamac said:

The fact that this is a shitshow and the tickets to the show were 76M+staff buyouts is lost on some. That was just the beginning, the real show hasn't even started yet. 

Considering that the full price of the decision to hire and fire Jimbo will exceed $100m, it's incredible to think about the opportunity costs not only for a&m, but also for the donors.  

ROI is obviously not be a consideration at all for the aggies.

The only thing that makes sense for a&m's next move, based on how they behave, is that they will essentially double down on the next move in a hope to "atone" for their mistakes to make it all worth it (however they define value; there definitely isn't going to be any form of a NPV calc near this decision).

I expect a massive budget for the next coach and staff, and massive budget on recruits/transfers, at least in year 1. 

9 minutes ago, Danimal said:

Considering that the full price of the decision to hire and fire Jimbo will exceed $100m, it's incredible to think about the opportunity costs not only for a&m, but also for the donors.  

ROI is obviously not be a consideration at all for the aggies.

The only thing that makes sense for a&m's next move, based on how they behave, is that they will essentially double down on the next move in a hope to "atone" for their mistakes to make it all worth it (however they define value; there definitely isn't going to be any form of a NPV calc near this decision).

I expect a massive budget for the next coach and staff, and massive budget on recruits/transfers, at least in year 1. 

The desperation and inferiority is appalling. It is absolutely disgusting that one of the "best" state Universities Texas has to offer is this fucked up.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1