• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

29 minutes ago, Fastbreak said:

You don’t trade Jumbo and $70 million for Lanning or Elko. Even aggy isn’t that stupid.

I don't think they did this with any kind of plan in place. I think they did it out of desperate fear after seeing what Sark is building in Texas that's moving to the SEC next year with Arch Manning getting ready to break out. They can't stand being so far behind so they're doing the only two things they know how to do: waste money and make hasty, stupid decisions. I don't think they have any idea who they can realistically get but one thing I do know is they're going to overpay once again for whoever it is. 

• Hook 'Em 6

3 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

I don't think they did this with any kind of plan in place. I think they did it out of desperate fear after seeing what Sark is building in Texas that's moving to the SEC next year with Arch Manning getting ready to break out. They can't stand being so far behind so they're doing the only two things they know how to do: waste money and make hasty, stupid decisions. I don't think they have any idea who they can realistically get but one thing I do know is they're going to overpay once again for whoever it is. 

This.  There's only two games left.  This is reactionary and signals "we don't mess around", but the problem is the only people that believe that are in B/CS.  Let the season play out, do a complete and exhaustive search, and do your homework.  This will be Charlie Strong2.0.  They'll get turned down by a few bigger names, then settle for the "guy they wanted".  If it's Elko, defense might be better, but his resume is paper thin

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

He’s also one of the oldest QBs in the country, behind Penix. He has a lot of experience under his belt.  I think he holds the NCAA record now for games started by a QB (surpassed Colt a couple weeks ago)

I'll be glad when all the COVID-year aided guys are gone. Nix has basically been a full-time college starter for five seasons. This is Penix's sixth season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fastbreak said:

You don’t trade Jumbo and $70 million for Lanning or Elko. Even aggy isn’t that stupid.

There are volumes of aggy joke books out there. Modern aggy get pissed off about it so you don't hear the jokes as often as you used to, but they certainly have not become more shrewd or normal over time. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, statsman said:

I have a friend that collects vintage Texas sports memorabilia. He got a call, several years ago, from a friend at Bellmont. Texas was running out of room and throwing away a bunch of conference and national championship trophies and cups from long ago, in no -revenue sports (track, etc). He drove to Austin and intercepted before they got to the dumpster. 

Clearly, this is only a Texas problem. 

He should have loaned it out to the aggy "hall of champions" so they could see what actual championship trophies look like.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, LateAughtsHorn said:

I haven't watched much Oregon, but is Bo Nix really that good now? Feels like he has been around as long as Jwhitt and I wasn't super impressed with him before. 

He's good.  He generally makes good decisions and doesn't throw screen passes behind the LOS when guys are open in the flat, unlike a certain QB we all know and love.

Whether his skillset will translate to the NFL is another matter - we shall see.

Everybody thought Oregon was done after Herbert went to the NFL, then Nix came along.  Lanning will probably pull someone else in via the portal after Nix graduates.  It's kind of their thing.

20 minutes ago, orangebird said:

He's good.  He generally makes good decisions and doesn't throw screen passes behind the LOS when guys are open in the flat, unlike a certain QB we all know and love.

Whether his skillset will translate to the NFL is another matter - we shall see.

Everybody thought Oregon was done after Herbert went to the NFL, then Nix came along.  Lanning will probably pull someone else in via the portal after Nix graduates.  It's kind of their thing.

does PFF have aDOT or air yard stats for college @linux?

or anyone know where they live? would love to see the comparison

edit: found some here: https://www.cfb-graphs.com/qb_table

your nix info is wrong, Ewers has a yard+ in his aDOT and a very slightly better air yard /  a number.

• Ewers: 0.264 EPA/attempt, 7.13 ADOT, 8.34 yards/comp, 7.58 YAC, 773 air yards (going to be low because of how many games he has played) or 3.37 air yards per attempt
  • Nix: 0.422 EPA/attempt, 6.04 ADOT, 8.8 yards/comp, 7.22 YAC, 909 air yards or 3.34 air yards per attempt
  • Penix: 0.458 EPA/attempt, 10.17 ADOT, 9.6 yards/comp, 5.68 YAC, 1873 air yards or 5.8 air yards per attempt
  • Daniels: 0.548 EPA/attempt, 8.71 ADOT, 10.56 yards/comp, 7.4 YAC, 1318 air yards or 5.60 air yards per attempt
  • JJ McCarthy: 0.640 EPA/attempt, 9.65 ADOT, 9.78 yards/comp, 5.01 YAC, 1318 air yards or 6.18 air yards per attempt

for the lulz

Weigman: 0.289 EPA/attempt, 8.52 ADOT, 7.91 yards/comp, 4.125 YAC, 636 air yards or 5.2 air yards per attempt

Max Johnson: 0.095 EPA/attempt, 7.74 ADOT, 7.0 yards/comp, 5.383 YAC, 778 air yards or 3.9 air yards per attempt and is pressured at the 7th highest rate in CFB through week 10

top aDOT in CFB, p5 highlighted:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.3f5ba590269e2b976e631e457afac776.png

EPA/attempt

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.623bb5b204861c32083ccf4c2e074171.png

Edited by NoName

5 minutes ago, orangebird said:

Yup.  His accuracy isn't as good as Pennix, but he also doesn't have Pennix line, which to me is what separates the two.  Oregon's issue is Lanning is prone to Herman-esque "We are too smart to do the obvious football thing" moments.  Like going for it on 4th when he should just take the points or punt and play defense.  Also, Lanning is fucking TERRIBLE at lead management.  He blew a lead over Oregon State last year by needless gambling on 4th down, and not simply slowing down his teams play snaps on a 3 touch down lead to milk clock.  He's allowed some opponents to remain competitive by not just using the full play clock coming out of half and instead needlessly sticking with hurry up. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 11/12/2023 at 5:19 PM, Vermin said:

aggy AD says the 12th Man Foundation will pay the one time costs, but they have no funds and no plan for the ongoing payments. They say the new TV deal will hopefully fund it and "it's fluid."

is that from the sunday presser video?

the account name, number and bank used to make payments to jimbo is public domain

his contract was with aggy mothership

so the FOIA request is the receipts for the check or wire from the 12th Man Foundation for $26.6 million by March 11, 2024, made payable or wired to jimbo, inc., direct, OR to aggy mothership, and the account(s) used by the mothership to then pay jimbo, inc.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Hermanator said:

Haven’t you noticed that a lot of wealthy people (entities) have way more money than brains?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

Yup.  His accuracy isn't as good as Pennix, but he also doesn't have Pennix line, which to me is what separates the two.  Oregon's issue is Lanning is prone to Herman-esque "We are too smart to do the obvious football thing" moments.  Like going for it on 4th when he should just take the points or punt and play defense.  Also, Lanning is fucking TERRIBLE at lead management.  He blew a lead over Oregon State last year by needless gambling on 4th down, and not simply slowing down his teams play snaps on a 3 touch down lead to milk clock.  He's allowed some opponents to remain competitive by not just using the full play clock coming out of half and instead needlessly sticking with hurry up. 

Wait, has anyone ever seen Lanning and Sark in the same place at the same time?

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

24 minutes ago, NoName said:

does PFF have aDOT or air yard stats for college @linux?

or anyone know where they live? would love to see the comparison

edit: found some here: https://www.cfb-graphs.com/qb_table

your nix info is wrong, Ewers has a yard+ in his aDOT and a very slightly better air yard /  a number.

• Ewers: 0.264 EPA/attempt, 7.13 ADOT, 8.34 yards/comp, 7.58 YAC, 773 air yards (going to be low because of how many games he has played) or 3.37 air yards per attempt
  • Nix: 0.422 EPA/attempt, 6.04 ADOT, 8.8 yards/comp, 7.22 YAC, 909 air yards or 3.34 air yards per attempt
  • Penix: 0.458 EPA/attempt, 10.17 ADOT, 9.6 yards/comp, 5.68 YAC, 1873 air yards or 5.8 air yards per attempt
  • Daniels: 0.548 EPA/attempt, 8.71 ADOT, 10.56 yards/comp, 7.4 YAC, 1318 air yards or 5.60 air yards per attempt
  • JJ McCarthy: 0.640 EPA/attempt, 9.65 ADOT, 9.78 yards/comp, 5.01 YAC, 1318 air yards or 6.18 air yards per attempt

for the lulz

Weigman: 0.289 EPA/attempt, 8.52 ADOT, 7.91 yards/comp, 4.125 YAC, 636 air yards or 5.2 air yards per attempt

Max Johnson: 0.095 EPA/attempt, 7.74 ADOT, 7.0 yards/comp, 5.383 YAC, 778 air yards or 3.9 air yards per attempt and is pressured at the 7th highest rate in CFB through week 10

top aDOT in CFB, p5 highlighted:

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.3f5ba590269e2b976e631e457afac776.png

EPA/attempt

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.623bb5b204861c32083ccf4c2e074171.png

Yes they do, Milroe is second, Weigman is around 50, Max 66, Quinn is around 100 and Bo Nix is around 140. Min 20% snaps

Edited by linux
  • Hook 'Em 2

COLLEGE STATION — Three of the top potential candidates for the open Texas A&M job have chimed in, and Dan Lanning sounded most adamant about staying at Oregon. 

“I’m not going anywhere,” Lanning told the assembled media this week when asked about A&M following the firing of Jimbo Fisher. “There is zero chance that I would be coaching somewhere else. I’ve got unfinished business here … and my No. 1 priority is being elite here at Oregon.” 

10 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Haven’t you noticed that a lot of wealthy people (entities) have way more money than brains?

Speaking of which, I wonder what sort of local economy grows up around a person like Jimbo.

Not like he's buying rare books. There'll be Super-Sized McMansions, extra cars and flashy gadgets. A couple of motorcycles that he rode once and got scared. Tawdry hootchies. Boats boats and boats. An accountant and a lawyer somewhere. How many people live off his money?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

Speaking of which, I wonder what sort of local economy grows up around a person like Jimbo.

Not like he's buying rare books. There'll be Super-Sized McMansions, extra cars and flashy gadgets. A couple of motorcycles that he rode once and got scared. Tawdry hootchies. Boats boats and boats. An accountant and a lawyer somewhere. How many people live off his money?

His speech therapist?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1