• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

28 minutes ago, mdleast said:

Quite the change from that same author’s fan fiction 2 years earlier…

44cef0d82e6327f6737152f2cd5947cf.jpg

That was the Texas & Oklahoma announce moving to the SEC damage control piece.  They were not oozing confidence or championship mentality quite the opposite they were melting in a big way knowing the jig was up.

Edited by Pimphand
  • Hook 'Em 2

27 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

I feel like we should hold a moment of silence on 12/22 to commemorate the brave men & women of Texas A&M who were willing to sacrifice their football program for the greater good.

Since announcing the Gator Bowl forfeit all they have done was go 12-12 on the heels of the greatest recruiting class in history and have become the laughing stock of the sport getting decimated in the portal and paying over 3x the previous highest buyout in history.

You really do have to tip your cap.

Aggie sets records bro! This is known. Squeeze your own balls and ooze confidence that they are leading the charge of new college football records! 

1 hour ago, mdleast said:

Quite the change from that same author’s fan fiction 2 years earlier…

44cef0d82e6327f6737152f2cd5947cf.jpg

Dear Lord.  A team that hasn't won shit in forever.  No SEC championships and no playoffs and announcing itself like that?  That's fucking embarrassing.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

Predictably they don't like Jimbo/Addazio recruits any more according to texags posters

Is it:

a) Good riddance. We only want guys who are bought in and ready to work hard. Lunch pail! LUNCH PAIL!

b) I'd rather have a 3 star who wants to be here and gets us than some 5 star prima donna (humor me that they can spell).

c) Fine! We need to reset and get rid of the weak, soft players that were recruited by (insert most recent dismissed coach).

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Pimphand said:

1*yQN2hLvqnhrX8jUGW4qnjA.jpeg

Holy shit I thought this was a joke but they really do have a Mt. Aggie.

This is very much real, or was. My mom's kid sister went to aggy in the mid-80's and she took skiing as an PE when she was there. This is what they "skied" on.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, gofuckyourself said:

Is it:

a) Good riddance. We only want guys who are bought in and ready to work hard. Lunch pail! LUNCH PAIL!

b) I'd rather have a 3 star who wants to be here and gets us than some 5 star prima donna (humor me that they can spell).

c) Fine! We need to reset and get rid of the weak, soft players that were recruited by (insert most recent dismissed coach).

Yes

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

As a parent of three high school "band nerds" I must say fuck you.

High school band is its own world, no doubt. But, thanks to the awesomeness of high school football in Texas, it's also the best you'll find pretty much anywhere. And it is a place of belonging for a lot of kids who are not naturally athletic or are different in many ways. But they are great kids and many go on to do great things.

And, holy hell, do they work hard!

I've seen it up close for many years, so I know what it takes to make a great marching band, which is why I get so annoyed at all the oohing and aahhhhing over the aggie band. I admit it looks impressive the first time you see it, but it ain't hard to do what they do.

End soap box.

What I can't understand is how enamored they are by their band when it does literally the same routine every halftime show for decades. 

1 minute ago, Vertigo said:

What I can't understand is how enamored they are by their band when it does literally the same routine every halftime show for decades. 

It's not the exact same routine.

They often turn left one week where they turned right the week before.

Takes a lot of skill to pull off that kind of variation.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

High school band is its own world, no doubt. But, thanks to the awesomeness of high school football in Texas, it's also the best you'll find pretty much anywhere. And it is a place of belonging for a lot of kids who are not naturally athletic or are different in many ways. But they are great kids and many go on to do great things.
I've seen it up close for many years, so I know what it takes to make a great marching band, which is why I get so annoyed at all the oohing and aahhhhing over the aggie band. I admit it looks impressive the first time you see it, but it ain't hard to do what they do.
End soap box.

Many “band nerds” only applied to the aggy band

4 hours ago, TreatyOak said:

Can someone who speaks Aggy please translate this Texags headline into English?

IMG-0469-2.png  

The headline is in the banner ad. The aggy transfer portal is open for raiding. 

IMG_2261.jpeg

Edited by nnm
  • Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, TreatyOak said:

Can someone who speaks Aggy please translate this Texags headline into English?

IMG-0469-2.png  

Commentator on Sirus XM said that the reason aggy losing so many to the tranfer portal is because they were not bowl eligible this year. It is amazing how nobody outside of BCS, not even paid professionals, gives two shits about aggy.  They pretty much gave them a pass on all of this turnover and buyout because they are so forgettably irrelevant.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, TrashMaster G said:

End soap box.

And aggy plays middle school level music.

• Hook 'Em 1