• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

7 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

Wait I thought calling their grads "alumni" was against the A&M culture and they were "Former Students."

Anyway I don't recall that their issue was ever too few alumni.

Probably wrong of course but I've always wondered if they didn't use the phrase "former student" to help facilitate falsehoods about their their size etc, etc. For example,  I attended SWT. Did I graduate? Lol, not even close, but i can still be considered a former student. So, add a couple zillion former students  and wow they look huge. Most people who see that just assume they are graduates. Great way to polish up their resume without blatantly lying.  Hell if they had 250,000 students that only attended one day before dropping out, they are still students.  Advantage, aggy.

Edited by SHOOTER12
  • Like 1

Oh Yeah WC94?  I tapped your mom''s PUF last night and now she has my fulled boner, er donor, support.  Dammit, I had something for this!

I am honestly torn this coming off-season of football.  On the one hand, I look forward to beating the shit out of them on the field next November.  On the other hand, it's been a really nice reprieve not to have to deal with them directly in athletics the last decade (save for some good baseball games).  I guess it's like that one annoying in-law getting out of rehab.  

11 hours ago, DFW Horn said:

Define "a bunch".

Mercenaries from the northeast with no affiliation or affinity for the SEC or aggy? 

More than a few, ~ a hand full,

#6    Enai White    DL    6'-5"    240    SO    Philadelphia, PA
#7    Tyreek Chappell    DB    5'-11"    185    JR    Philadelphia, PA
#8    Tony Grimes    DB    6'-0"    190    SR    Virginia Beach, VA
#9    Jahdae Walker    WR    6'-4"    210    JR    Cleveland, OH
#10    Fadil Diggs    DL    6'-5"    260    JR    East Camden, NJ
#26    David Bailey    RB    6'-0"    235    SR    Ridgely, MD
#28    Josh DeBerry    DB    6'-1"    180    SR    Grosse Pointe Park, MI
#34    Isaiah Raikes    DL    6'-2"    320    JR    Woodbury, NJ
#39    Sam Salz    RB    5'-6"    155    JR    Philadelphia, PA
#52    Naquill Betrand    OL    6'-6"    340    FR    Philadelphia, PA
#59    Ty Banco    OL    6'-1"    295    FR    Washington, PA
#70    Derek Ferraro    OL    6'-6"    320    SR    Purchase, NY
#71    Chase Bisontis    OL    6'-6"    320    FR    Ramsey, NJ

20 hours ago, PTINS said:

The first Band I saw was Led Zeppelin in 1969, ~ a month after Woodstock. 

20 hours ago, YGIFS said:

I'm jealous you got to see Led Zeppelin in 1969.  

Anyway, not to berate you or the point.  Just reminds me that Aggies yet another annoying group of people ...  They're just fucking morons ...

I was wrong. Damn, that's hard to say.

In answer to a few questions, Led Zeppelin played at the Municipal Auditorium in Austin on August 14, 1969, the day before Woodstock (Aug 15-18). Tickets were $6. My mother took us (4 kids) for my 13th birthday. Jimmy Page borrowed 3 Marshall stacks from Strait Music Company for the concert.

Led Zeppelin declined an invitation to play Woodstock; "I said no because at Woodstock we'd have just been another band on the bill."

Reason # 1041 why I love my hometown, Led Zeppelin blew off Woodstock to play in Austin.

Led Zeppelin, Austin, August 14, 1969

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

Man, I had no idea that was the impetus behind them playing here.  I've searched their tour history on many occasions.  But that's a background I did not know.  

I knew some guys that worked at Strait Music in the 80's but I'd love to hear the stories from their older bosses.  "So this guy comes in with a British accent.  I kinda recognized him from a Yardbirds record cover.  He's fiddling around with a Les Paul we have while the other manager is pulling some stacks from the back because this bigger fella named Peter told him to while counting a bundle of cash.  Anyway the skinny guitarist smiles and thanks us for the Marshalls and quietly asks me, 'Hey mate...what is the heroin situation here in Texas?'  Brought the shit back in immaculate condition and asked for directions to San Antonio." 

• Haha 2

More than a few, ~ a hand full,
#6    Enai White    DL    6'-5"    240    SO    Philadelphia, PA
#7    Tyreek Chappell    DB    5'-11"    185    JR    Philadelphia, PA
#8    Tony Grimes    DB    6'-0"    190    SR    Virginia Beach, VA
#9    Jahdae Walker    WR    6'-4"    210    JR    Cleveland, OH
#10    Fadil Diggs    DL    6'-5"    260    JR    East Camden, NJ
#26    David Bailey    RB    6'-0"    235    SR    Ridgely, MD
#28    Josh DeBerry    DB    6'-1"    180    SR    Grosse Pointe Park, MI
#34    Isaiah Raikes    DL    6'-2"    320    JR    Woodbury, NJ
#39    Sam Salz    RB    5'-6"    155    JR    Philadelphia, PA
#52    Naquill Betrand    OL    6'-6"    340    FR    Philadelphia, PA
#59    Ty Banco    OL    6'-1"    295    FR    Washington, PA
#70    Derek Ferraro    OL    6'-6"    320    SR    Purchase, NY
#71    Chase Bisontis    OL    6'-6"    320    FR    Ramsey, NJ

Wtf man, looks like a typical Pedo State roster.

10 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Man, I had no idea that was the impetus behind them playing here.  I've searched their tour history on many occasions.  But that's a background I did not know.  

I knew some guys that worked at Strait Music in the 80's but I'd love to hear the stories from their older bosses.  "So this guy comes in with a British accent.  I kinda recognized him from a Yardbirds record cover.  He's fiddling around with a Les Paul we have while the other manager is pulling some stacks from the back because this bigger fella named Peter told him to while counting a bundle of cash.  Anyway the skinny guitarist smiles and thanks us for the Marshalls and quietly asks me, 'Hey mate...what is the heroin situation here in Texas?'  Brought the shit back in immaculate condition and asked for directions to San Antonio." 

3c98729646601a1ca9f069df17d104f9--waynes-world-stairway-to-heaven.jpg

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I don't understand where they get this idea.  They are a hayseed university that's an offshoot of the larger flagship university.  Why would they produce more donor support?

The idea that we have money because our fans and alumni support our university does not match their propaganda and indoctrination. 

5 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

The idea that we have money because our fans and alumni support our university does not match their propaganda and indoctrination. 

Every aggy accusation is a confession. They paid $76M to fire a coach and bought the greatest recruiting class of all time, but we are corrupt, throw money around, and care more about football than academics.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, ousux said:
18 hours ago, Born Burnt said:
I'm not sure that is a compromising photo in College Station

You're right, it could actually be a status symbol.

I imagine the perfect aggy ring day involves jumping into your overalls and taking a picture at that giant ring on campus, going to the chicken and dunking the ring in a pitcher of beer, and then sucking off a couple random dudes in the chicken shithouse. True redasses hire a professional photographer to document the moment appropriately. 

21 hours ago, PTINS said:

The first Band I saw was Led Zeppelin in 1969, ~ a month after Woodstock.

My first out of town band was Santana at Hemisfair Arena in '70, as a 13 year old, including my "First Feast", total immersion into hanging out with Hippies and everything that went with it. 

8 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

You sir, get an A+ for reading between the lines.

"Hey mate...what is the heroin situation here in Texas?'  Brought the shit back in immaculate condition and asked for directions to San Antonio."

Saw that first hand. No f*cking way. I was into "Just say no!" way before Nancy.  Pulp Fiction gives me chills.

Good times, growing up 60's. Blessed to grow up with my guitar playing ('68 Gold Top) older brother and varsity cheer leader older sister.  Drugs (light, not heavy), sex (too young, or dumb, to know better, but the endless parade of bouncing high beams), and the Music (LZ in '69, Santana in '70, The Who in '71, Stones in '72, etc.)   Some of the organizers of the "Feast" worked at the commissary on Bergstrom, food galore!!! I think the "Screaming Yellow Zonkers" came from someplace else. 

I remember squeezing into a VW bus with the older kids and going to the "pep rally" for the 69' Texas-Arkansas game.  Most people I'd ever seen at one time.  I knew I was going to Texas.

Time for Texas Football to come full circle for me, back in Austin, where it started.

• Hook 'Em 5

1 hour ago, Valmy77 said:

We think "we're back"? How will we know when we are "back" or not?

It is so weird that Sam Ehlinger said something five years ago and everybody has never forgotten it. 

David McWilliams said it after beating OU in 1990 and I never forgot it.

• Hook 'Em 1

59 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

We think "we're back"? How will we know when we are "back" or not?

It is so weird that Sam Ehlinger said something five years ago and everybody has never forgotten it. 

52 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

The "Texas is back"  bs started after the ND game in 2016

It goes further back than that, it's been a running joke in the national media since the late 80s.  When will Texas be back??

After the devastating loss to Georgia in the 1984 Cotton Bowl, which ended up costing Texas a national championship, the football team wandered in the woods for over a decade.  There was the one great "WIT" year in 1990, and at the time, the media asked "Is Texas back?"  46-3 later, that question was answered with a resounding "no."

Then in '95 and '96, with back-to-back conference championships and Texas seemingly on an upswing, everyone started asking the question again.  But 1997's disappointing season and the subsequent firing of Mackovic, seemed to once again answer that question as a "no."  

Then Mack Brown finally turned things around and for a while, Texas WAS back.  And then, we weren't.

So after every down period, the question is asked.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

I don't understand where they get this idea.  They are a hayseed university that's an offshoot of the larger flagship university.  Why would they produce more donor support?

In their tiny minds, they are the biggest and bestest and richest university in the land and everyone else is just .... less.

Yes, they're stupid.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

They ran away from us only to run face to ass into the greatest dynasty of all time and another perennial power who won a NC within their own division, and a resurgent Georgia who has won 2 NCs since they have joined the SEC (just in case they ever made it out of the west). They took the governors off of their bag scheme, poured Billions into their athletics program, tried to outright buy a championship, had 13 years of saying they were the only SEC school in Texas, and managed to finish no higher than third in their own division if you remove the Covid year.  Now they have all of that to deal with, plus two of the top 5 winningest programs in CFB history coming right in the middle of their prized recruiting territory. At this point they are Mississippi State with way more money. 

And less cowbell 

will ferrell cowbell GIF

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Probably wrong of course but I've always wondered if they didn't use the phrase "former student" to help facilitate falsehoods about their their size etc, etc. For example,  I attended SWT. Did I graduate? Lol, not even close, but i can still be considered a former student. So, add a couple zillion former students  and wow they look huge. Most people who see that just assume they are graduates. Great way to polish up their resume without blatantly lying.  Hell if they had 250,000 students that only attended one day before dropping out, they are still students.  Advantage, aggy.

Texas Exes doesn’t require a degree. In fact, the last I heard, they offered a Friend Of The University category for fans who just want to be a Texas Ex. 

Edited by ImissWallyPryor
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, PTINS said:

You sir, get an A+ for reading between the lines.

"Hey mate...what is the heroin situation here in Texas?'  Brought the shit back in immaculate condition and asked for directions to San Antonio."

Saw that first hand. No f*cking way. I was into "Just say no!" way before Nancy.  Pulp Fiction gives me chills.

Good times, growing up 60's. Blessed to grow up with my guitar playing ('68 Gold Top) older brother and varsity cheer leader older sister.  Drugs (light, not heavy), sex (too young, or dumb, to know better, but the endless parade of bouncing high beams), and the Music (LZ in '69, Santana in '70, The Who in '71, Stones in '72, etc.)   Some of the organizers of the "Feast" worked at the commissary on Bergstrom, food galore!!! I think the "Screaming Yellow Zonkers" came from someplace else. 

I remember squeezing into a VW bus with the older kids and going to the "pep rally" for the 69' Texas-Arkansas game.  Most people I'd ever seen at one time.  I knew I was going to Texas.

Time for Texas Football to come full circle for me, back in Austin, where it started.

I'll let this thread get back to A&M mockery.  But have seen Jones and Plant in concert in Austin.  And saw 'the Firm' in Chicago years and years ago.  I don't care about meeting celebrities but some musical gods, yeah---I gotta admit I like collecting interactions and stories.  One day about 10-15 years ago (can't remember when exactly, but he was living in South Austin at the time with Patty).  I get a text from a friend of mine, we weren't terribly close but he knew of my great affection for Led Zeppelin from my radio and playing days.  Will never forget, "You'll never believe who I just saw searching through assorted brads and nails at the South Austin Home Depot..."  Robert Plant doing a DIY project apparently with no employee having any idea who the hell he was.  I'd like to think, through 6 degrees of Separation, there's one guy in Austin right now who worked at both Strait Music in 1969 and Home Depot in 2009 who tells people, and nobody believes him, "I rented Marshall stacks to Jimmy Page and then 40 years later, I sold Robert Plant on some assorted assembly kits at the job I did before I retired."  

How fun is it we don't have to be Aggies and get to live with cool stories like this?  

• Hook 'Em 1