Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

5 minutes ago, nnm said:

Another horrific paragraph:

“The Aggies’ potluck lineup, infested with backups, true freshmen and walk-ons, played with a passion not often seen in recent seasons.”

Sentence

There are no moral victories at aggy, but here's an entire, sunshine-pumping article detailing why y'all should be optimistic about the future under Elko. Whoop!

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Replies 72k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

2 hours ago, AP101S said:

13 of 32 of the 2022 class have transferred. 6 more leaving before 2025 would be 60%, which seems reasonable (at a minimum).

Aggie by Class tab:  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TzoBTIvCXfZIk7Sz3C9txMg0yPvrXyVM/edit#gid=1912575733

image.thumb.png.22fe06e9942e6d12dd2bc864c612a5f0.png

So 41% are gone now. Thomas, Moss, White, and Taylor are all rumored to be serious exit risks. The aggies might want Taylor gone. Going to be a rough go. I think your 60% is probably low. One of the other issues that they're not examining is that the attrition is heavier at the top. They still have Moczulski, Scarlett, Kerr, Ohrstrom, Harris and Erb. I'm not sure that is good news if those are the vestiges of the class in 2025. Losing 8 of the top 14 is certainly not optimal. Whoop(s)!!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Can A&M not afford to hire someone to dress/style Elko?  You're making a scheduled appearance/recruiting pitch on national TV and look like this? Ok. 

didn't you hear? per Bjork they are a bunch of broke boys and need to cut costs. if the goal was to make him look like just another collegiate coach in front of a national audience ("we're getting back to our roots", "see he's smart he is wearing glasses", "look at how tall he is vs the announcers!", "he's saying the right things!") they were successful.

what about sending him out in some actual A&M branded merch - not the knockoff stuff - like the sideline coaches merch or some cool shit you are rolling out next year or the homefield A&M jacket or literally anything else that doesn't appear to be from walmart?

i spent a few min doing a search to try and find it so i could make fun of him for wearing some trash brand but can't even find it for sale.

30 minutes ago, nnm said:

The next two sentences sum up the asinine, convoluted irrationality of the aggy mindset:

“Yet, in a 31-23 Texas Bowl loss to No. 20 Oklahoma State at NRG Stadium that severed the remaining ties to the failed Fisher regime, there were signs of hope and indications that better fortunes may await Texas A&M.

To be clear, there are no moral victories at Texas A&M, but the Aggies were down to fourth-string quarterback Marcel Reed, a skeleton crew defense, a lame duck coaching staff, trailing 24-6 at halftime and still were perhaps one fumble away from a chance at upsetting the Big 12 Conference runner-up.”

“The Aggies’ potluck lineup, infested with backups, true freshmen and walk-ons, played with a passion not often seen in recent seasons.”

Clickety-Clack. Clickety-Clack. Clickety- Clack.

Those stupid motherfuckers absolutely refuse to wait and see. The more things change...

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

They beat 3 teams with winning records, including North Carolina, which had its best players sitting out the bowl game.

Of the 9 teams they beat, 4 fired their coaches that season. 3 had first-year head coaches.

2020 was smoke and mirrors...and earned Jimbo Fisher $100MM. Cost TAMU much more than that, just not their dignity. They lost that a long time ago.

58 minutes ago, Frank Drebin said:

Now to be fair they had glorious wins over 8-4 Florida by three points (same team OU beat by 30+) and by a 4 loss UNC team whose entire offense opted out of the Orange Bowl.  Per Liucci, that was an awesome team that should have been in the playoffs and was equivalent to Texas' 2023 team.

made me think about FEI's record splits over the history of FEI going back to 2007

fuck, they are so mediocre team ever.

IMG_0125.JPG

THREE TIMES in the last 15 years they have had a winning record vs top 60 teams. just three!

image.png.4953870fbb126a374f50397db57fa57a.png

they have never had a season with a winning record vs top 20 teams. they have 2 seasons with inning records vs top 30 teams. 3 vs top 50 teams, 3 vs top 60 teams. but hey, they consistently beat teams between 60 and 130+, so they have that going for them

if you want a quick comparison, here is Texas during the worst ~decade in program history post Mack leaving

image.png.02759aaca9440cfc011b7c5dc3243f07.png

2 seasons of winning records vs top 10 and 20 teams, 2 seasons of winning records vs top 50/60 teams. during the most down time in modern program history lol

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

58 minutes ago, Longboard Horn said:

Not winning SEC championships in the Nick Saban era isn’t the worst thing in the world.  Their lack of wins against winning teams, in road games, bowl wins and their out of conference schedule is the real indictment of the program as is the fact that despite the mediocrity of their record, it’s still a bit of smoke and mirrors. 

They should simply embrace their dominance and identity of being a meat judging school.  

Edited by Lhorn

17 minutes ago, NoName said:

i spent a few min doing a search to try and find it so i could make fun of him for wearing some trash brand but can't even find it for sale.

Is it possible that isn't even official aggy gear?  The nearest thing I can find is a Cutter & Buck long sleeve polo for the New Mexico State Aggies.  Wonder what Adidas thinks about that.

nmsupolo.png

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, Horndog said:

H

"The final polluted drops of the Jimbo Fisher era swirled down the drain on Wednesday night."

https://texags.com/s/56359/dreadful-season-ends-as-no-20-cowboys-defeat-depleted-aggies-31-23/5

image.png.7b605460a7099135575a406ecf39be5e.png

Y'all have already pounced on that big but. Them plucky fightin' Texas Aggies showed plenty of fight.

Trailing by 18 points at halftime...one fumble away. You got two turnovers, so what the fuck are you talking about? OSU was going in to cut your balls completely off when their QB made a horrendous error. Good for you, but how many turnovers do you need? OSU missed a makeable field goal, and you still lost by 8. 

Upsetting OSU is a big deal? Really? When we crushed them all you could talk about were their horrible losses to UCF and Alabama Directional U. Beating them could not possibly be a good reflection on anybody. Now they're the vaunted Big 12 runner-up. The funny thing is that scraping by OSU would put you in your accustomed place not holding a trophy you didn't create yourself.

And get a fucking dictionary. Infested? If you got a degree from Texas, mail it the fuck in.

image.png.48f9249bf578ba849744e8e88283c615.png

Not the historic 2020 team that would have won the "natty?" if not cheated by the committee who are all on the t-sip payroll? Didn't they show enough passion in each season since then to make y'all think the natty was in reach?

It's all Jimbo's fault. Nobody there says they were wrong about Jimbo. Jimbo just stole their money. Thus you get this:

image.png.cbf717e6f83e67087d916595f5063585.png

That fetid sludge sliding like vomit down the walls of the toilet didn't force its way past the glory holes into the vortex. You hauled it in there. Then you kept feeding it. And then you started drinking it.

Don't drink that, it's poison.

No! It used to be great!

The people that threw it out did so because it's toxic. Who thought you'd buy it for 100 million dollars?

You're just jealous. I'll drink this down and finally be great!

Suit yourself.

OMG! This is poison! This poison has betrayed me! My bowels! My bowels! It's the poison's fault that I'm not great!

Sadly, it won't klll you.

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, TOR said:

Is it possible that isn't even official aggy gear?  The nearest thing I can find is a Cutter & Buck long sleeve polo for the New Mexico State Aggies.  Wonder what Adidas thinks about that.

nmsupolo.png

yeah, the NMSU logo is just slightly different:

image.png.e620072619e3104c4bebbb9e26d9bde6.png

the closest thing i found was from Onward Reserve, which i think is probably what he's wearing at this point - but an older one from his prior time.

image.png.2b09f37a6a6fde24c098fdbbfc1a4187.png

https://onwardreserve.com/products/texas-a-m-lee-performance-1-4-zip

vs what he wore

image.png.8f16377eb27ff0769d530633ecfe6189.png

BUT the onward reserve one has the trademark logo included and i can't find anything like that or with the actual enclosed A.

Spoiler

image.png.84439b2f567c77587049ec98d49cb122.png

my guess: it's some walmart level brand (what was the one they used to sell on the co op store that was notorious for being shit?)

so yeah, broke boy A&M sends their coach on national television looking like a slob in walmart level clothing. smooth move.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

"We've won one big 4 NC in our lifetimes."

Big 4?  I know of a Big 3:  Football, Basketball and Baseball.  What's the 4th...hell, I can't think of them winning a NC in anything but meat-judging. 

I believe they are talking about golf.  Their championship tourney (stroke play) is held in Brenham.

brenhamgolfchamp.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

33 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Can A&M not afford to hire someone to dress/style Elko?  You're making a scheduled appearance/recruiting pitch on national TV and look like this? Ok. 

Somebody took the time to make sure his collar was smartly "pressed" down. I mean, that's a look.

I thought it was interesting last night that Elko said he thought being a DC  meant he was running 50% of the program but now as a head coach realizes a DC maybe runs 5% of the program. Word out of Duke has been that he was actively trying to relieve himself of DC duties so that he could focus more on running the program. Surely the head coach program running duties aren’t lesser at A&M. Was he having to massage the egos of the North Carolina high school coaches while at Duke, for example? How much of an ‘Elko’ defense will he be able to install when it seems like he’s still figuring out what it means to steer a program?

1 minute ago, TheRRKid said:

I thought it was interesting last night that Elko said he thought being a DC  meant he was running 50% of the program but now as a head coach realizes a DC maybe runs 5% of the program. Word out of Duke has been that he was actively trying to relieve himself of DC duties so that he could focus more on running the program. Surely the head coach program running duties aren’t lesser at A&M. Was he having to massage the egos of the North Carolina high school coaches while at Duke, for example? How much of an ‘Elko’ defense will he be able to install when it seems like he’s still figuring out what it means to steer a program?

aggy was up in arms about potentially hiring a veteran HC in Mike Stoops. Now they're happy to have an inexperienced one in Elko. Stop trying to make sense of their logic and decision-making.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, CastHorn said:

My folks reside in Bryan, TX. I grew up a burnt orange light amongst that dark freak cult. I visited for the holidays, College Station has really changed since I was a teen about a decade ago. You really don’t see a lot of anti-longhorn bs like I did growing up. The Targets have their own Longhorn sections. Santa’s Wonderland went from a bunch of “Saw ‘Em Off” light exhibits to Bevo’s twin brother having his own showcase where kids can take photos with a burnt orange longhorn bull. There’s also a ton of Longhorn representation in town, an old man shot me a Hook’em at HEB this morning. It’s still ugly as hell out here, but not so gay.

Come back a year from now and it will be back to normal, saw em off will replace all the SEC stickers everywhere.

The next two sentences sum up the asinine, convoluted irrationality of the aggy mindset:

“Yet, in a 31-23 Texas Bowl loss to No. 20 Oklahoma State at NRG Stadium that severed the remaining ties to the failed Fisher regime, there were signs of hope and indications that better fortunes may await Texas A&M.

To be clear, there are no moral victories at Texas A&M, but the Aggies were down to fourth-string quarterback Marcel Reed, a skeleton crew defense, a lame duck coaching staff, trailing 24-6 at halftime and still were perhaps one fumble away from a chance at upsetting the Big 12 Conference runner-up.”

Maybe they were forged from a hotter fire
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

It seems like just yesterday that Looch told me Jimbo’s contract extension was the greatest thing that ever happened. Now they’re flushing it down the toilet like a pile of shit?

If your minister of propaganda was proven to be a liar about the last guy, why would you believe him about the new guy?  Does nobody inside the aggy bubble see the complete lack of credibility?  Why in the world would anyone believe a word out of Looch’s mouth?  He’s proven himself to be a liar again and again and again, and they just lap it up. 
Advantage aggy. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2