• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

5 hours ago, TreatyOak said:

I asked Ai to create a statue dedicated to an Aggie male cheerleader in College Station. I think it did a pretty great job, especially with the beautiful scenery. And yes I added the Gig 'em logo. 

Aggie-Cheer.jpg

ai sez aggy male cheer are eunuchs that wear tubetops

yeah, okay, that actually does make sense

the upturned tra-la-la ballcap is a nice accent

• Hook 'Em 1

Hadn't seen that PSA in a long while, brings back a lot of memories.  

You could do also do a work-up of the kid with the box of weed and the angry dad, but replace the Dad with John Sharp and the kid with a yell leader uniform on.  

"Who taught you how to be this stupid, huh?"  

-You alright!  I learned it by watching you!  

I remember growing up in Chicago in a relatively diverse part of town and just having it beat into our heads that marijuana would make you stupid and complacent, like it was some sort of cult.  Then I moved to Texas and met Aggies and was relieved of my childhood fears, "Oh so like, even with no drugs...there's just millions of legit morons roaming free.  cool, cool."  

Edited by YGIFS
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, pyrohornIII said:

You can squeak by on that when your down games come against the Houston Cougars, of course. But say they have an off day against the Kentucky Wildcats, or at Arkansas, or against Jeff Lebby’s Mississippi State. Will they be so fortunate then?

Oh Yeah Reaction GIF by NBA

• Haha 1

Whipping them into a frenzy to buy tickets for the 24-25 roller coaster.
5 reasons Texas A&M football will far outperform the Longhorns in 2024 (gigemgazette.com)

5 reasons Texas A&M football will far outperform the Longhorns in 2024

Here’s why Texas A&M football will establish dominance over their rivals in their first season in the SEC.

By Graham Harmon | Feb 23, 2024

Why Texas A&M football will outshine their in-state rivals in first season with both in SEC
This season is of huge importance for both Texas A&M football and the rival Longhorns. For the latter, 2024 will be a proof-of-concept season after making the College Football Playoff in 2023. 
They stand to show that such a result wasn’t a fluke, and Steve Sarkisian will make a run at establishing himself among the ranks of the elite in college football coaching. All this, and they have to show that all the hemming and hawing about relative conference strength that has taken place over the last 12 years was all for naught.
Texas A&M football also faces a huge challenge—and a huge opportunity. After the failure to reach their ultimate goal during the tenure of Jimbo Fisher, the Ags are hoping to capitalize on the formidable talent still left in the program even after Fisher’s departure. The Maroon and White faithful feel as though they have the man for the job in former DC Mike Elko, who made an instant impact in College Station on defense when he arrived, and an instant impact in Durham as the Duke head coach. 
He has built a talented staff, worked the portal, and filled roster holes ahead of spring ball. This is the easiest Aggie schedule in some time, and they hope to take advantage of all four of their biggest games being within the friendly confines of Kyle Field.
Of course, each program is also facing down the prospect of the renewed rivalry once again playing out on the gridiron. Longhorn fans are hoping to pick up where they left off, with the dominance of the 2010s still fresh in their minds. Texas A&M football fans remember the late 80s through the 90s, when they were able to rack up wins under the last defensive-minded head coach they have had before the current man.
So, who stands to come out on top here? Who will take the first step towards establishing dominance in the rivalry and in the conference, with Bama now looking like they will take a step back? My contention is that it will be the Aggies. Here are five reasons why Texas A&M football will begin to dominate the Longhorns going forward.

New Texas A&M football OC Collin Klein will unlock Conner Weigman’s potential
I’ve spoken some about this before, but Klein’s hire is perhaps the most encouraging of the offseason. The former Kansas State quarterback, Heisman finalist, and rapidly-rising coach is one of the most innovative minds in the sport. The way he can mesh different styles, adapt to the way the game is currently going, and confuse defenses is nothing short of special.
Klein has achieved stellar offensive results with decidedly less-than-stellar talent. Manhattan, Kansas has never been a paragon of production when it comes to freak athletes, and that was certainly the case when Klein was scheming up offenses there. Even so, he produced the #2 red zone offense by touchdown percentage this previous year, and the 10th-ranked offense overall per SP+.
One of the more impressive results for Klein this previous year actually came in a game that the Wildcats lost—coincidentally, to Texas. With the Longhorn rush defense effectively stuffing what had been a potent smashmouth running game for KSU, Klein switched tack and began to throw the ball much more often. Even with this left-handed approach, the Wildcats were still able to generate 7.6 YPA (more than the Horns’ average allowed of 7.1) on the day.
That’s versatility and adaptability. And when those are brought to bear on the skill talent that the Aggies have in the pipeline, things will be scary for the rest of the conference. I think even Texas A&M football fans will be shocked at how much the offense was being held back by the schematic approach here previously. This will be a deadly offensive unit in 2024.

Texas will struggle with their first SEC schedule
Anytime an SEC team is able to get Vanderbilt as part of their conference slate, you can chalk it up as a lower-half schedule as regards difficulty. The league office was kind enough to offer the Longhorns the Commodores as part of their initial slate. Even so, I still think the Horns will struggle to win consistently in their first season in conference.
Take a look at this past year. Texas found themselves in fourth-quarter dogfights against Wyoming and Houston. When the Horns brought their A-game, they were a decent team, dominating the likes of Baylor and Kansas. But there were far too many times last year—and really over the entirety of Sark’s tenure—where the team just didn’t play up to what they should.
You can squeak by on that when your down games come against the Houston Cougars, of course. But say they have an off day against the Kentucky Wildcats, or at Arkansas, or against Jeff Lebby’s Mississippi State. Will they be so fortunate then?
The grind of the SEC schedule is what teams outside the conference don’t understand about it. It’s winning week in and week out against squads that have enough talent to jump up and bite you—there’s absolutely no room to coast in this league.
I feel confident that, as Texas fans look at their schedule, they feel as though they should win every game outside of maybe Georgia and Michigan. But, I’m warning you now, Horns fans—there will be a game like this for you at some point. You won’t know which ahead of time. Trap games are trap games for a reason. But one of these weeks you will find yourself down 11 in the fourth quarter against a far less talented team and wonder how it got to this point.

Texas A&M football begins to play up to their talent across the board
It’s not a secret that the past two years have been flush with underachievement in College Station. The Aggies, despite pulling in the highest-rated recruiting class of all time in 2022, have only 12 wins across two seasons since that point to show for it.
Of course, they’ve been competitive in a lot of games, but that’s not quite good enough when you are supposed to pack the kind of punch that the Aggies’ talent composite would suggest they should. The time is now for the Aggies to begin living up to their talent.
Luckily, Mike Elko has assembled a Texas A&M football staff that should begin to get the absolute most out of their players. That starts with strength and conditioning legend, as well as three-time national champion with LSU, Tommy Moffitt.
Moffitt is building a monster in College Station. With his modern approach to the science of S&C, stellar resume, and connections throughout the industry, all accounts are that he has revolutionized the offseason workouts for A&M.
More than that, this is a staff that has produced players at the highest level, and guys who have gotten more out of less. OL coach Adam Cushing oversaw a high-quality unit for two years in Durham. WR coach Holmon Wiggins coached up some of the top receivers currently in the NFL. Elko himself created a formidable defense with Duke’s talent level.
I have no doubt that the staff in place will start to get more out of this Texas A&M football team. Once they begin to play up to their potential, the rest of the league is on notice.

Texas loses too much defensive talent at key positions
The Longhorns boasted some considerable star power along the defensive line this past year. T’Vondre Sweat and Byron Murphy were PFF darlings, and the toast of the town on Texas broadcasts.
Sweat and Murphy are both moving on to the NFL, now. The Texas fanbase, while admitting that they won’t be quite as dominant as if those two were still around, are still confident in the talent that they do have along the defensive line.
The top-line talent is one thing, of course. However, when it comes to a conference like the SEC, it’s not just the starters that determine a team’s quality—it’s the depth. And it is there that the Horns will be found deficient.
The Big 12 offensive lines won’t test the first through third strings of a program with the talent that the Longhorns have. It just doesn’t happen that way: there are only a couple of “body-blow” teams in the entire conference, and even those are composed of much lesser talent than what the SEC averages.
This is not the time to be breaking in new starters in the middle of the defensive line, especially when your second game of the year is a trip to Ann Arbor. Granted, the Wolverines are experiencing massive turnover, so that’s not even a game I would necessarily predict the Horns to lose at this point (too many unknowns), but the point stands. Georgia will impose their will up front. The Aggies have the talent to do so as well.
The back end of the defense is an issue here as well. Similar to Texas A&M football this previous year, the Longhorns could be had through the air when facing dynamic passing attacks. It didn’t happen often, but it was enough to draw concern—and now, they’re losing a fair amount of guys from that back end. Transfer Andrew Mukuba helps, but can he plug all the holes that will be left? They’ll have to figure things out quickly.

Transfer players for Texas A&M football fill the talent gaps on the roster
Mike Elko’s robust first transfer portal cycle has done wonders for the morale of the Texas A&M football fanbase. He not only replaced all the outgoing players numbers-wise, but he did so in strategic and effective ways, finding guys who weren’t just warm bodies, but fit the needs of the roster.
The depth in the defensive backfield has long been a question for the Aggies. Elko brought in no fewer than seven quality defensive backs to address that issue. Some star players left along the defensive line. Elko brought in the Big 10 leader in sacks.
At this point, the biggest question for the Aggies is receiver depth. Even so, A&M boasts some top-level talent at the pass-catcher spot in Moose Muhammad, Noah Thomas, and Jahdae Walker. Transfers Cyrus Allen and Jabre Barber will be coming in alongside redshirt freshman Micah Tease to compete for playing time. That’s not to mention freshmen Terry Bussey, Izaiah Williams, and Ashton Bethel-Roman.
Elko identified and addressed the needs on this roster. He has this spring and summer to begin to mold them, getting them to coalesce as a team. I feel confident that he will do so—and that his work will pay huge dividends this fall.

Graham Harmon after finishing that “article”:

1a0eba5b356c37818a35e3c61c247eb8.jpg
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 6

I’ll recap:

Those players and coaches that left TAMU? They were all bums, and their replacements are improvements. 

Those players and coaches that left Texas? They were all vital to their success. 

A couple of notes- the SEC doesn’t have teams that will jump up an upset you, with a special effort and game plan, as described. That’s actually the B12. What the SEC does have is big lines and every week physical play that grinds on you, and makes you more susceptible to losing to a good team in a competitive matchup. Which is why Collin Klein is a curious choice for an SEC OC. 

• Hook 'Em 3

3 hours ago, YGIFS said:

Hadn't seen that PSA in a long while, brings back a lot of memories.  

You could do also do a work-up of the kid with the box of weed and the angry dad, but replace the Dad with John Sharp and the kid with a yell leader uniform on.  

"Who taught you how to be this stupid, huh?"  

-You alright!  I learned it by watching you!  

I remember growing up in Chicago in a relatively diverse part of town and just having it beat into our heads that marijuana would make you stupid and complacent, like it was some sort of cult.  Then I moved to Texas and met Aggies and was relieved of my childhood fears, "Oh so like, even with no drugs...there's just millions of legit morons roaming free.  cool, cool."  

You didn't have to come to Texas for that realization.  There are millions of morons in Chicago, too.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Longboard Horn said:

I guess during all the parodies of this scene used for myriad purposes, I never really noticed the regret on the faces of the mid-level staffers.  Knowing that they followed the wrong path and wish they had it do all over again, but it's too late.  And they try to maintain some semblance of strength and flouting.  It reminds me of this movie I used to request my employees watch before they went to conferences for our firm because.  DeVito is a gem in this scene and at about the 2:37 mark he nails it about regret.  And I see it on the faces of Aggies, and the characters in this Hitler bunker scene, and in current America.  When they see the folly of their ways and wish they could run back the tape.  But it's too late, people in cults never realize it until the very last moment and look back and wish they could do it differently.  When you watch someone break in real time for following the wrong moron or organization, and you get to see them crumble in front of you---it's the most powerful high you'll ever know.  I carry this scene around with me for 20 years and think of everything from Aggies to Nazis to stupid Americans.  And it warms my heart when I get to break people's lives up for a living after they've fucked over one of our portfolio companies or democracy or Buddha.  Aggies are just another shining example of the rush of watching a person being driven to their absolute lowest point.  There is absolutely, categorically, no thrill like it.  watch the whole movie if you can or skip to the 2:37 mark.  He so elegantly describes how people finally come to terms with the error of their ways.  

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, pyrohornIII said:

Whipping them into a frenzy to buy tickets for the 24-25 roller coaster.

5 reasons Texas A&M football will far outperform the Longhorns in 2024 (gigemgazette.com)

they are going to lose their fucking minds before fall camp opens

we need to prepare some experimental technology to follow them over the event horizon in august when camp opens

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Okay, so some of you who seriously lack critical thinking skills are gonna butt-hurt about this.  So go ahead and neg rep me until you finally feel validated in life.  But let's point out two obvious things:

1.  Laura's thumb looks like the exact the shape, size, and curvature of the dick you'd all most like to suck (and her too).  

2.  Elko's thumb looks exactly, down to the coloration, of his own head.  

What the fuck are the odds of that?