Texas Recruiting Notes 2025: Now We Have a Machine Gun

texifornia

6 hours ago, Sabalo said:

Just ran into Sark waiting to see Luke Combs. Apparently he doesn't share CTJ's disdain for country music.

I couldn’t even take that twangy shit leading into the kickoff of the draft. I had to mute it.

(What the fuck, Detroit?)

Maybe Sark is hearing impaired and trying to further endear himself to the Austin community. 

And maybe CTJ has not suffered hearing damage yet.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I like country music. Mostly the stuff before Garth Brooks showed up and ruined it, but some later stuff too. Not liking Alan Jackson and his ilk does not equate to disliking a genre. 

• Haha 1

(Btw, this guy sneers at fuckers who discuss country singers on a CFB board.  And then bangs their moms.)

Texas OV June 21st.

Four-star edge Marco Jones sets four official visits
Danville (Calif.) San Ramon Valley edge Marco Jones has locked in four official visits...
Brandon Huffman (247Sports)

Spoiler

Danville (Calif.) San Ramon Valley edge Marco Jones has locked in four official visits...

Danville (Calif.) San Ramon Valley edge Marco Jones has set four official visits.

Last week, Jones, the No. 1 defensive recruit in Northern California, named a top ten of, alphabetically, Alabama, Florida State, Maryland, Michigan, Oklahoma, Oregon, Penn State, Texas, Texas A&M and USC.

On Friday, Jones announced his four scheduled official visits.

Jones is set to visit Michigan on May 31, Alabama on June 7, Oregon on June 14 and Texas on June 21.

Each of those four schools made his top ten.

Alabama: "The Tide are rolling with the new staff and the depth of pass rushers in the past makes them one of my top schools."

Michigan: "The new coaching staff at Michigan is great and every year they compete for the national championship."

Oregon: "Oregon is coached by a defensive minded head coach in Dan Lanning and always has success on the defensive side of the ball and at my position."

Texas: "Texas is another school with an elite coaching staff and elite defense's year in and year out."

Jones is planning to sign in December and enroll in January.

A four-star in the industry-generated 247Sports Composite Rankings, Jones is the No. 13 edge nationally and the No. 9 prospect in the Golden State in 2025.

He has already been selected to play in the 2025 All-American Bowl in San Antonio.

image.thumb.png.59a5140b7c7c869710d3bfecd634e13d.png

• Hook 'Em 4

10 hours ago, Getafix said:

(Btw, this guy sneers at fuckers who discuss country singers on a CFB board.  And then bangs their moms.)

Texas OV June 21st.

Reveal hidden contents

Danville (Calif.) San Ramon Valley edge Marco Jones has set four official visits.

Last week, Jones, the No. 1 defensive recruit in Northern California, named a top ten of, alphabetically, Alabama, Florida State, Maryland, Michigan, Oklahoma, Oregon, Penn State, Texas, Texas A&M and USC.

On Friday, Jones announced his four scheduled official visits.

Jones is set to visit Michigan on May 31, Alabama on June 7, Oregon on June 14 and Texas on June 21.

Each of those four schools made his top ten.

Alabama: "The Tide are rolling with the new staff and the depth of pass rushers in the past makes them one of my top schools."

Michigan: "The new coaching staff at Michigan is great and every year they compete for the national championship."

Oregon: "Oregon is coached by a defensive minded head coach in Dan Lanning and always has success on the defensive side of the ball and at my position."

Texas: "Texas is another school with an elite coaching staff and elite defense's year in and year out."

Jones is planning to sign in December and enroll in January.

A four-star in the industry-generated 247Sports Composite Rankings, Jones is the No. 13 edge nationally and the No. 9 prospect in the Golden State in 2025.

He has already been selected to play in the 2025 All-American Bowl in San Antonio.

image.thumb.png.59a5140b7c7c869710d3bfecd634e13d.png

Recruiting news? Negged.

1 hour ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Lulz now this is a good one.  Who has Elk landed that we really wanted??

Screenshot_20240427_191006_Chrome.jpg

They are counting Rink as a head to head win. 

I think we would have taken Jonte Newman’s commitment right now.

Those are the only two they have that we had any connection to. 

On 4/26/2024 at 12:22 PM, Reese Bennett said:

Joe Ely is great. That band with Jesse “Guitar” Taylor, Ponty Bone, and the Dixie Chick dad was one of the best live bands I’ve seen.

Yep. I'm not big fan of many live albums, but "Live Shots" is a masterpiece. I asked Taylor if touring with The Clash was as much fun as I think it was, and he responded, "It was even more fun." RIP, Taylor.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Lulz now this is a good one.  Who has Elk landed that we really wanted??

Screenshot_20240427_191006_Chrome.jpg

"The measuring stick is the schools putting 10+ into the draft, EVERY year"

A&M has had 10 players drafted exactly once in the program history - in 1976. And they needed 14 rounds to do it, with only 6 players drafted in the first 7 rounds. 

They will literally never hold themselves to the same standards they demand from other programs. 

• Hook 'Em 7