Herschel Walker catch-all thread

Gil Bang

For some reason this dialogue from 13 Assassins is running through my head. 

Shinzaemon: Your mistake is believing that your decorative blade is not just for show.

Lord Naritsugu: Nonsense. It's not for show!

Shinzaemon: Decoration is for show. Be silent like the decorative man you are.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 10/14/2022 at 8:55 PM, HRSchenker said:

I turned it off as soon as Herschel said that diabetics need to eat better rather than focus on insulin prices. Type 1 is called insulin DEPENDENT for a reason ya dope.

Oh it was even worse. He tried tying it to grocery costs as well. Ok so governments the world over have the ability to negotiate drug prices, but even the most lunatic dictatorships would struggle to control grocery costs…and this dumb motherfucker wants to lay that all on the Biden admin.  

And grocery costs have absolutely nothing to do with “eating better.” Eating healthy on a budget is more than doable. His stupid ass is conflating two things and he cannot for the life of him complete a syllogism.

Also, have I been asleep for a few decades? When the fuck did this common ignorant slob become an expert dietician? This motherfucker is notorious for having a really weird diet. He says he has one meal a day and is vegetarian except for the occasional indulgence of chicken.

Ok that works for people with the kind of metabolism he has. Essentially he’s telling people to be born with better genes. But he doesn’t see it that way because, again, the whole ignorance thing.

It’s the same reason that Ben Agajanian was the world’s greatest kicking coach and Doug Pelfrey was a fucking joke at it: because some people recognize that simply saying “just do it exactly like I did it when I was younger” isn’t actually teaching people anything. If we could all play basketball “exactly like” Michael Jordan, doesn’t anyone think at least some of us would have?

Telling people to eat better would obviously go a long way in preventing Type II diabetes. But to treat/manage already existing insulin dependent Type I? No, you’re gonna kill someone if you use a microphone to tell such people “just eat like I do,” and for that matter, the same applies to people who already are Type II diabetic. 

5 minutes ago, hpslugga said:

Oh it was even worse. He tried tying it to grocery costs as well. Ok so governments the world over have the ability to negotiate drug prices, but even the most lunatic dictatorships would struggle to control grocery costs…and this dumb motherfucker wants to lay that all on the Biden admin.  

And grocery costs have absolutely nothing to do with “eating better.” Eating healthy on a budget is more than doable. His stupid ass is conflating two things and he cannot for the life of him complete a syllogism.

Also, have I been asleep for a few decades? When the fuck did this common ignorant slob become an expert dietician? This motherfucker is notorious for having a really weird diet. He says he has one meal a day and is vegetarian except for the occasional indulgence of chicken.

Ok that works for people with the kind of metabolism he has. Essentially he’s telling people to be born with better genes. But he doesn’t see it that way because, again, the whole ignorance thing.

It’s the same reason that Ben Agajanian was the world’s greatest kicking coach and Doug Pelfrey was a fucking joke at it: because some people recognize that simply saying “just do it exactly like I did it when I was younger” isn’t actually teaching people anything. If we could all play basketball “exactly like” Michael Jordan, doesn’t anyone think at least some of us would have?

Telling people to eat better would obviously go a long way in preventing Type II diabetes. But to treat/manage already existing insulin dependent Type I? No, you’re gonna kill someone if you use a microphone to tell such people “just eat like I do,” and for that matter, the same applies to people who already are Type II diabetic. 

You just used a bunch of words to say Herschel Walker could hide his own Easter eggs. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

So he went from "I don't even know the woman" to "I mean, I guess you could say having her full name, home address, bank of choice, routing number, and a living child with her constitutes knowing her.  But you could say that all my out-of-wedlock baby mammas."  

Nothing illustrates the gap between the left and the right better than debate expectations and what constitutes success. 

Democratic candidates have to clearly and succinctly explain how they will solve all the problems we face with detailed policy. 

GQP candidates just have to avoid literally shitting themselves on stage.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

14 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

And it just doesn't matter.

Hell, he could have told the reporter to get fucked and it was none of her fucking business, and it still wouldn't move the needle.

If he said that, he’d get a 3 pt bump.

• Hook 'Em 1

I get a kick out of laughing at Hershel, but my laughter dies in sorrow when confronted with the very real reality that he has no business running for a US Senate seat. Hershel should be regaling the public with stories of his glory days at Georgia. He should be signing autographs at tailgates and posing for pics with Uga. He should not be running for the US Senate. The people who will vote for him know this. Shame on them.
I hereby promise that under no circumstances will I ever cast a vote for Vince Young. And, despite his post-career decision making, I think VY is 1000x smarter than Walker.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Satchel said:

I get a kick out of laughing at Hershel, but my laughter dies in sorrow when confronted with the very real reality that he has no business running for a US Senate seat. Hershel should be regaling the public with stories of his glory days at Georgia. He should be signing autographs at tailgates and posing for pics with Uga. He should not be running for the US Senate. The people who will vote for him know this. Shame on them.

Yeah I mean, if he were elected, the late night comics would have a field day. He’d provide them with material every time he opens his mouth. But it’s just disgusting to see how low the GOP has sunk.

11 hours ago, TexEx15 said:

Nothing illustrates the gap between the left and the right better than debate expectations and what constitutes success. 

Democratic candidates have to clearly and succinctly explain how they will solve all the problems we face with detailed policy. 

GQP candidates just have to avoid literally shitting themselves on stage.

Sorry but this isn’t true.  The Republican candidates don’t even try to avoid shitting themselves on stage.  They go ahead and do just that and every Republican voter just thinks to themselves, “hey, they just shit themselves like I do so I am definitely voting for him/her.” The stupidity of the people of this country is quite infuriating.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

The people of Georgia could use a leader and a public servant. But Herschel Walker, bless his heart, is not that person. So tired of the gamesmanship and performances. Time stops for no one and children are growing up in a world that says every life is sacred but when they look around they see it isn't so. That Tommy Tuberville can speak his nonsense from the podium at the same time Herschel Walker is stumping in the state adjacent to his is just surreal.

11 hours ago, Satchel said:

Were he not a football superstar, they'd never vote for him.  I mean, he's black, and beyond that, he doesn't have any of the ability to rile up the base that politicians like MTG, Boebert, Jordan etc. do, regardless of skin color.  If he was an addled white man who had never stood out as an athlete, he'd never make it on the ticket.

On 10/17/2022 at 9:06 PM, Satchel said:

What is this "shame" you speak of?

• Hook 'Em 2

• Gil Bang changed the title to Herschel Walker catch-all thread