Herschel Walker catch-all thread

Gil Bang

7 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

Americans are too stupid for self governance, maybe someone will conquer us and bring us freedom

They're pouring over the southern border right now.  Call to arms!

Edited by jimmyjazz

5 hours ago, Dr. Teeth said:

Well, a lot of it should start with people who thought he would never win. This thread is full of that sort of thing. We are about to elect a ton of really bad people across the country and Dems cheered it on. They thought that people could never just click R when that R was a reprehensible person. They even helped some of them win the primaries. As if they learned nothing from the Trump victory. It was always going to be close and if Walker wins, then it should come with zero shock. Unless people get serious about messaging and understanding that Walker is going to be looked at as an Einstein compared to what is coming down the road, then we are fucked beyond repair. But let’s go ahead and celebrate idiots winning primaries as long as we win Twitter.  Or I forgot, they just lost that too. 

i'm gonna have to soapbox this for a minute.  while i agree the dems have been terrible with messaging going on forever, i'm here to point out that now, in 2022, it no longer matters.  all that matters now is the messenger.

there's a very old theory that the battle doesn't come down to two opposing viewpoints on the same issue, but the battle itself exists over which issues are important. as long as fox news and facebook have the biggest hoses, they will spray the world with inflation, gas prices, crime, and border bullshit.  when it's a team sport, nothing else matters.

there are fewer and fewer debates and what happens during them is for entertainment purposes only.  yeah, it's fun when someone has a moment or a fuckup in a debate, and maybe that video graces your twitter timeline, but does it change minds?  i seriously doubt it.  it's either confirmation bias or it's excused and dismissed as fake news or manipulation.

the battle has been lost.  if we want to win the war, we need to get old people to die and young people to vote.  it doesn't even matter who they vote for, because there are more of us than there are of them.  so yes, if the message is "go vote", we need to get better at messaging.  if the message is about issues, don't waste your breath or your keystrokes.

off soapbox.

• Hook 'Em 2

That’s fair. But at least it is something. Hoping the worst person on the planet wins the primary and then think you are going to easily win the primary just because isn’t. And Warnock has not been aggressive. He just thinks he is going to win. They all do. The only fight I have seen is from people who have little to no chance of winning. I have spent the last two weeks in a swing district, doing everything I can to help and it is odd how complacent almost every Dem is right now. They all think the abortion issue is going to save the day. It might, but for Republicans. 

3 hours ago, Dr. Teeth said:

That’s fair. But at least it is something. Hoping the worst person on the planet wins the primary and then think you are going to easily win the primary just because isn’t. And Warnock has not been aggressive. He just thinks he is going to win. They all do. The only fight I have seen is from people who have little to no chance of winning. I have spent the last two weeks in a swing district, doing everything I can to help and it is odd how complacent almost every Dem is right now. They all think the abortion issue is going to save the day. It might, but for Republicans. 

Warnock’s demeanor during this campaign is calculated. Black men are keenly aware of out ability to provoke racial anxiety when we’re not smiling and agreeing with many in the dominant culture.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 3

5 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Uhhhhh I don’t think you have your Greek organizations correct.

You probably mean Kappa Alpha Psi not Kappa Alpha - AKA the Civil War cosplay Robert E. Lee Admiration Society.

They’s the only letters visible on the right reverend’s garment. I don’t know shit about the Greek organizations. 

46 minutes ago, elfenix said:

TIL georgia's flag is the stars and bars.  and they changed to it in 2003

Yep.  Before that it was one or another iteration of the confederate battle flag (or stars and bars), sometimes with the state seal, or something else.

They apparently never even had a flag until the Civil War.

1 hour ago, DDD Dad said:

Yep.  Before that it was one or another iteration of the confederate battle flag (or stars and bars), sometimes with the state seal, or something else.

They apparently never even had a flag until the Civil War.

the state's only non-stars and bars flag was one of the ugliest ever made and violated pretty much every design rule laid out by 99% invisible

Spoiler

2028263718_Flag_of_the_State_of_Georgia_(20012003)_svg.thumb.png.5dd27f191d06d36990cef17cb94a25fc.png

8 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Can I attend if I’m not kappa alpha?

8 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Can I attend if I’m not kappa alpha?

Jamal left an AME church he founded in Baltimore to take over a very large suburban church in Atlanta after the very problematic pastor died. He has changed the theological thrust from grifting prosperity to the prophetic tradition of the black church in general and the AME church in particular. His dad was a presiding Bishop in the AME Church in a jurisdiction that included Dallas.

He’s a member of Kappa Alpha Psi. From the clip, it appears they were observing Higher Ed Day at New Birth, which is pretty common in black churches.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

seriously, I say this with all lack of sensitivity.  I am a former Republican operator.  Was never a serious member of the party, but I had a lot do with the organization because it was good for business.  And my half-sister does have Down's Syndrome.  So like having black friend, I can say this.........Herschel Walker is legit retarded.  If you support him, you're supporting a 'Tard.  Not stupid like Donald Trump stupid, but a full-on Retard.  He concussed himself into a 24th chromosome.  He'll vote how you want him to vote, but he's a full on Mentally Retarded Adult Male.  Congrats GOP.  A super-duper fucking retard.  Pray on that at church tomorrow you fucking shitstains.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

• Gil Bang changed the title to Herschel Walker catch-all thread