Herschel Walker catch-all thread

Gil Bang

Christian leaned into the attention whore conservative social media grift thing because he thought it would make his abusive piece of shit dad love him. Maybe he will learn his lesson but he's probably way too damaged to do that without serious help

• Hook 'Em 5

27 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Listen, Christian is a piece of spoiled garbage but he’s obviously suffered severe neglect and abuse from his father his entire life.

The only thing “solely to blame” for this dumpster fire is his father’s complete lack of character.

Honesty Christian just repeated what he's previously said that Herschel wasn't around much as a father, and that he (Christian) hates absentee fathers. His comments that the family asked Herschel to not run and why, may be new.

I don't believe Christian broke the abortion story and most likely only learned about it yesterday as well. Doesn't he reference that other people might have the proof.

I can't believe these are the people that the Rs are putting up for FUCKING SENATE and they still might win.  I mean, just wtf.  I shouldn't be surprised I guess.  I really think history will look back and be like, hmm, maybe we shouldn't have pandered to the stupidest people among us.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 3

That kid is trying his best  to be a celebrity, he just sucks at it. I can promise you he doesn't give two shits about conservative, liberal, Hershel winning or losing, etc.... his primary concern is how many views/likes/follows he can get on his social media accounts. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I can't believe these are the people that the Rs are putting up for FUCKING SENATE and they still might win.  I mean, just wtf.  I shouldn't be surprised I guess.  I really think history will look back and be like, hmm, maybe we shouldn't have pandered to the stupidest people among us.

Remember that time that Gary Hart's political career was destroyed for having an affair?

• Rage+1 2

42 minutes ago, trauma babe said:

Yeah, for the campaign to seriously and solely blame one of Herschel's kids for the loss is ridiculous but also par for the close for accountability-adverse conservatives

Yeah, but he's gay, so it's cool.

-- probably every Republican

13 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

This is going to be an interesting litmus test to see just how full of shit MAGA voters are about abortion.

Spoiler: he won’t lose many of their votes.

I don't think that's entirely true.

For the MAGAs, you're undoubtedly right.  They say they're evangelical Christians and that they are anti-abortion because Jesus, but really their religion is MAGA.  The only tenet of that faith is owning the libs.  So for them, yeah--they'll vote for Walker regardless.

But the Catholics are different.  There are a lot of Catholic voters who are single-issue abortion voters.  They don't really care about MAGA; they're just shockingly tied to the abortion issue.  And while they may not vote for Warnock, I can see a lot of them leaving that race blank on their ballot.

And this is a close race.  It wouldn't take a lot of people leaving that race blank for it to be decisive.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

That's assuming that even dumber people aren't reading the history later.  For all we know, Herschel Walker is Trump's VP, or even worse.  They're trying to rewrite the past now--in schools they want to omit "critical race theory", or as regulars call it, history.  Who the future reader is really depends on the state of education, which is also under assault.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

For the MAGAs, you're undoubtedly right.  They say they're evangelical Christians and that they are anti-abortion because Jesus, but really their religion is MAGA.  The only tenet of that faith is owning the libs.  So for them, yeah--they'll vote for Walker regardless.
But the Catholics are different.  There are a lot of Catholic voters who are single-issue abortion voters.  They don't really care about MAGA; they're just shockingly tied to the abortion issue.  And while they may not vote for Warnock, I can see a lot of them leaving that race blank on their ballot.
And this is a close race.  It wouldn't take a lot of people leaving that race blank for it to be decisive.

I think you underestimate the notion of people voting AGAINST candidates, rather than for their opponents. Catholics, IMO will still vote for Walker because they oppose Warnock. Keeping the Dems from taking the Senate is their goal.
  • Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, scottsins said:

I think you underestimate the notion of people voting AGAINST candidates, rather than for their opponents. Catholics, IMO will still vote for Walker because they oppose Warnock. Keeping the Dems from taking the Senate is their goal.

In 2020, 52% of Catholics voted for Biden. 

https://news.gallup.com/opinion/polling-matters/324410/religious-group-voting-2020-election.aspx

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ghost of LL said:

+ rep.  I think you nailed it.  Very few of my Catholic friends would vote for a pro-choice candidate, and when it comes down to pro-choice VS hypocrite (on abortion) I think a lot will just pass.  They were never gonna vote for Warnock, and now they're just not gonna vote.  It's big.

Edited by jimmyjazz

2 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

+ rep.  I think you nailed it.  Very few of my Catholic friends would vote for a pro-choice candidate, and when it comes down to pro-choice VS hypocrite (on abortion) I think a lot will just pass.

They won’t, they will vote and just convince themselves it’s about unborn babies and Jesus. They had no choice but to vote for the hypocrite.

we are taking about the same people who know that the Catholic Church is doing to the boys with molestation and doesn’t really care that much about it 

Edited by Gengs1
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 2

Just now, Gengs1 said:

They won’t, they will vote and just convince themselves it’s about unborn babies and Jesus. They had no choice but to vote for the hypocrite.

You're talking about the MAGAts, and you are correct.  @Ghost of LL laid out the case for the single-issue (abortion) voters; i.e., mostly Catholics.  Plenty of them aren't MAGAt.  They vote one issue.  That issue just got taken off the table.

4 hours ago, TexasHooch said:

I know that Christian initiates the content that he gets ridiculed for, but I just can't help feeling sorry for him.  He is so lost.

I watched him for a few hours on a political Twitch stream a while back and it seemed like all the pieces were there for him to be a good person, they're just scattered across a few acres in the arid wasteland his brain has been turned into by I'm guessing his father and the alt-right.

Herschel still has tremendous pull as a former UGA star - that's what he's trading on in this race. 

This won't cause many to switch their votes to Warnock but it might cause those who otherwise would have voted for him to either leave that blank or stay home. 

Remember a lot of hard-core MAGAs are staying home due to Kemp. 

On 9/30/2022 at 5:34 PM, Gil Bang said:

I truly wish I could go into his mind and experience the pathways and processes that lead to such statements of such drivel.

I feel like in my mind and most minds there's a room where the idea passes through for review. Roma, if you say that you will reveall that you're an idiot. We recommend not speaking.

His mind seems to roll statements out of sewer pipe that has come lose from the treatment plant. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

I truly wish I could go into his mind and experience the pathways and processes that lead to such statements of such drivel.

I feel like in my mind and most minds there's a room where the idea passes through for review. Roma, if you say that you will reveall that you're an idiot. We recommend not speaking.

His mind seems to roll statements out of sewer pipe that has come lose from the treatment plant. 

Have at it

frank-always-sunny.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

• Gil Bang changed the title to Herschel Walker catch-all thread