Joe Biden 2022: Enter Dark Brandon

Longboard Horn

10 hours ago, Willfully Horn said:

Thanks for the time and the explanation. At least I know your perspective and wasn’t missing something. I bet we would agree that banking regulations have historically devolved until shit collapsed and the succeeding cycle began with stricter standards. I hope we can agree that stricter standards buttress economic growth. I recall reading that the gold standard did not prevent these cycles.

I guess my disagreement is based on the Federal Reserve printing the cash that meets the loans, at the root, and a deep respect for what is created from what you call thin air. 

The Federal Reserve doesn't print the cash. The US Treasury prints some number of bills and coins (currency).  The money 'created' by the Federal Reserve is literally electronically created out of thin air, with a paper trail of contracts (loans). The term is "fiat".  By definition it means "determined by authority." In reality, it means, "made up".

In past careers, I've:

Maintained banking software that transmitted transactions from banks to Federal Reserve Banks (Chicago, Philadelphia, New York).

Sold technical services to the Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, Philadelphia, Richmond, Federal Reserve Information Technology (FRIT), and the Federal Reserve Board of Governors.

Trust me, it only exists because it's documented. CIO of Federal Reserve once said to me directly, "it's funny money."

The strictness of standards wax and wane. It was just 14 years ago that the banking system was on the verge of collapse because money was being created out of thin air with non-worthy mortgages, and then the mortgages were being sold to who knows who at credit worthy prices.

Then things got strict in 2009 or so... Until it was time to grow the economy again. FRB rate goes to zero, everyone can borrow money out of the air, and wah lah (yes, I know).... We're back to needing 'strict'.

What i find odd (and probably out of scope for this conversation) is that the problem of inflation and fake dollars doesn't get addressed until it trickles all the way down to regular people making a few extra dollars... Of course, by then, the quality have become extremely wealthy, and the middle class who actually needs to borrow to keep up is the first feel 5he sting of tightening but was also the last to get the benefits of the loosening.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, henrygandorf said:

Incoming the shocked and horrified complaints from MAGA idiots who voted for a guy who said he goes up to women and “ grabs them by the pussy”, has had 3 divorces, called Africa a shithole, called the White House a shithole, said covid would be gone by Easter 2020, and suggested everyone drink bleach to get rid of covid.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Voldemort86 said:

Incoming the shocked and horrified complaints from MAGA idiots who voted for a guy who said he goes up to women and “ grabs them by the pussy”, has had 3 divorces, called Africa a shithole, called the White House a shithole, said covid would be gone by Easter 2020, and suggested everyone drink bleach to get rid of covid.

You left off a few others he called names, usually loser, dummy, moron, idiot, etc:

Alex Pareene, Gawker writer (Loser); Alex Rodriguez, baseball player (Idiot); Alex Salmond, Scottish politician (Loser);Amy Pascal, former chairwoman of Sony Pictures (Loser); Ana Navarro, political commentator (Loser); Anderson Cooper, journalist (Dumb); Aneesh S, random Twitter user (Dummy); Angelo Carusone, vice-president of Media Matters (Loser); Anika Heinmaa, university student (Dummy); Anthony Baxter, filmmaker (Dummy); Arianna Huffington, publisher (Loser); Barack Obama, U.S. President (Idiot); Bill Maher, talk show host (Loser); Bill Kristol (Loser); Bill Moyers, liberal activist (Dummy); Bobby Jindal, governor of Louisiana (A zero); Brah Sumatra, random guy on Twitter (Dummy); Brett Jarka, random guy on Twitter (Loser); Brian Williams, former NBC News host (Dummy); Charles Freeman, writer (Dummy); Charles Krauthammer, columnist (Loser); Cher, singer (Loser); Chris Cillizza, journalist (Moron); Chris Jackson, basketball player (Loser); Chris Moody, journalist (Loser); Chuck Hagel, former defence secretary (Moron); Chuck Todd, journalist (Loser); Clare O’Connor, Forbes writer (Dummy); Dan Amira, senior editor at New York magazine (Loser); Danny Zuker, writer of TV’s Modern Family (Loser); Dave Centrist, unknown (Loser); David Cameron, British Prime Minister (Dummy); David Milne, resident of Menie, Scotland (Loser); Dr. Thomas Frieden, CDC director (Fool); Eric Schneiderman, N.Y. attorney general (Loser); Erick Erickson, red-state organizer (Loser); Frank Lutz, pollster (Loser); Gary, an astrologer in Cleveland (Loser); Gavin Rossdale, musician (Loser); George Will, columnist and author (Loser); Glenfiddich, a whisky brand (Joke); Graydon Carter, editor of Vanity Fair (Loser); Gwyneth Paltrow, actress (Loser); Harry Hurt, Trump biographer (Dummy); Hisham Elzanaty, businessman (Loser); Howard Stern, radio host (Loser); Huffington Post, online news aggragator) Loser); ISIS (Evil losers); J Papadopoulos, Australian (Moron); Jamie Flood, Doctor Who fan (Dummy); Jacqueline Goldberg, 87-year-old grandmother (Loser); Jeb Bush, Republican candidate (Loser); Jerry Seinfeld, comic (net worth $700m) (Failure); John Heilemann, journalist (Dummy); John McCain, U.S. Senator and war hero (Loser); Jon Stewart, comedian (Dummy ); Jonah Goldberg, editor of National Review (Loser); Karl Rove, political strategist (Loser); Kirsten Powers, political pundit (Dummy); Kristina Oakes, One Direction fan (Moron); Lawrence O’Donnell, MSNBC host (Fool); Lindsey Graham (Idiot); Lord Sugar, English business magnate (Loser); Marco Rubio (Loser); Mark Cuban, investor (Loser); Megyn Kelly, Fox News journalist (Loser); Michael Forbes, Scottish farmer (Loser); Michele Shephard, business executive (Dummy); Michelle Malkin, conservative blogger (Loser); Mike Tollin, documentary filmmaker (Loser); New York Daily News, newspaper (Loser); Nick McDougall, random guy on Twitter (Dummy); Nick Vranas, salesman (Dummy); Patch.com, news website (Loser); Patrick Blackburn (Moron); Paul Goldberger, architecture critic (Loser); Philip Crowther, French journalist (Loser); Random Twitter User #1 (Loser); Random Twitter User #2 (Loser); Random Twitter User #3 (Idiot); Random Twitter User #4 (Loser); Random Twitter User #5 (Dummy); Random Twitter User #6 (Loser); Random Twitter User #7 (Dummy); Random Twitter User #8 (Moron); Richard Belzer, actor (Stone Cold Loser); Rihanna, singer (Loser); Robert Yopp, refrigerator repairman (Dummy); Roger Stone, former Trump advisor (Stone Cold Loser); Rosie O’Donnell, talk show host (Loser); Russell Brand, actor (Loser); Ryan Matt, guy in Phoneix (Loser); Salon, news website (Loser); Sarah A. Wescot-Williams, Prime Minister of Sint Maarten (Loser); Sasha Baron Cohen, actor and comedian (Moron); Seth Meyers, talk show host (Loser); Sheena Monnin, former Miss Pennsylvania (Loser); Shelly Kulwin, lawyer (Fool); Star Jones, lawyer (Fool); Terry Pegula, Buffalo Bills owner (Loser); Thamsanqa Jantjie, sign-language interpreter at Mandela funeral (Moron); Theo Moll, Vice columnist (Dummy); Thokozile Masipa, Oscar Pistorius trial judge (Moron); Tim O’Brien, novelist (Loser); Timothy Burke, Deadspin writer (Loser); Tina Brown, magazine editor (Loser); Tom Allen, random Twitter user (Moron); Tom Scocca, Deadspin editor (Loser); Yolie, LGBT activist (Loser)

Source: Maclean's (2015)

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Slacks said:

The Federal Reserve doesn't print the cash. The US Treasury prints some number of bills and coins (currency).  The money 'created' by the Federal Reserve is literally electronically created out of thin air, with a paper trail of contracts (loans). The term is "fiat".  By definition it means "determined by authority." In reality, it means, "made up".

In past careers, I've:

Maintained banking software that transmitted transactions from banks to Federal Reserve Banks (Chicago, Philadelphia, New York).

Sold technical services to the Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, Philadelphia, Richmond, Federal Reserve Information Technology (FRIT), and the Federal Reserve Board of Governors.

Trust me, it only exists because it's documented. CIO of Federal Reserve once said to me directly, "it's funny money."

The strictness of standards wax and wane. It was just 14 years ago that the banking system was on the verge of collapse because money was being created out of thin air with non-worthy mortgages, and then the mortgages were being sold to who knows who at credit worthy prices.

Then things got strict in 2009 or so... Until it was time to grow the economy again. FRB rate goes to zero, everyone can borrow money out of the air, and wah lah (yes, I know).... We're back to needing 'strict'.

What i find odd (and probably out of scope for this conversation) is that the problem of inflation and fake dollars doesn't get addressed until it trickles all the way down to regular people making a few extra dollars... Of course, by then, the quality have become extremely wealthy, and the middle class who actually needs to borrow to keep up is the first feel 5he sting of tightening but was also the last to get the benefits of the loosening.

Central banking is a scam. It’s at the root of pretty much all of our problems. 

7 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

The gold standard makes it worse because the Fed can’t loosen / tighten as required to counter a change in economic conditions. 

The gold standard oversaw the 2nd industrial revolution with all its massive improvements. Countries going off the gold standard and printing money is what really enabled WW1 to become the disaster that it did. 

Edited by Humble Beast
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 4

1 hour ago, Humble Beast said:

The gold standard oversaw the 2nd industrial revolution with all its massive improvements. Countries going off the gold standard and printing money is what really enabled WW1 to become the disaster that it did. 

Yeah, that’s fucking bullshit and you know it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gold_standard

The gold standard was largely abandoned during the Great Depression before being re-instated in a limited form as part of the post-World War II Bretton Woods system. The gold standard was abandoned due to its propensity for volatility, as well as the constraints it imposed on governments: by retaining a fixed exchange rate, governments were hamstrung in engaging in expansionary policies to, for example, reduce unemployment during economic recessions.[9][10] There is a consensus among economists that a return to the gold standard would not be beneficial,[11] and most economic historians reject the idea that the gold standard "was effective in stabilizing prices and moderating business-cycle fluctuations during the nineteenth century."[12]

I never realized the Great Depression came prior to WWI.  Thanks for sharing that.

Edited by Fudge Nuggets
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Yeah, that’s fucking bullshit and you know it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gold_standard

I never realized the Great Depression came prior to WWI.  Thanks for sharing that.

From your Wikipedia article. 

By the end of 1913, the classical gold standard was at its peak but World War I caused many countries to suspend or abandon it.[39]

It then lists all the countries that abandoned it. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 5

lol trying to bring the gold standard into Biden.  Nixon was the last president who could have stuck to Bretton Woods and that was more than 50 years ago.  It’s all interesting economic history now.  Fiat money won and until the trust in government finally collapses will remain the currency.  

10 hours ago, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

it was from the press conference announcing they got Bin Laden. Just a hunch but the door kick might not be 100% real lol

The UBL speech was in front of a hallway, at the White House I’m assuming.  That gif is in the press room and I think the door kicking was a joke done by Leno.  

1 hour ago, Hefeweizen said:

lol trying to bring the gold standard into Biden.  Nixon was the last president who could have stuck to Bretton Woods and that was more than 50 years ago.  It’s all interesting economic history now.  Fiat money won and until the trust in government finally collapses will remain the currency.  

I didn’t. Someone else did.

I just get triggered by people acting confused why people closest to the money printer benefit most with the Federal Reserve system. It’s a feature, not a bug. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 7

5 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

This country started spiraling down the shitter when men stopped wearing hats. Acting real rude and totally removed. Acting like an imbecile!

You know, if you’d have told me 20 years ago I’d see children walking the streets of our Texas towns….with green hair, bones in their noses…I just flat-out wouldn’t have believed you.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

Biden and the dems keep on winning. They’re doing a masterful job of countering rumored price increases by bringing up the possible Iran deal which would add 1 million barrels per day. If you want democrats in congress, you need to root for low gas prices for the next 60 days. 

the lack of hurricanes has helped. I hope it continues. You know some sad sack of shit conservatives would like for tons of people to lose their jobs and $6 dollar gas, but those people are miserable as fuck even when they do win!  Fuck the MAGA conservatives. I hope they continue to lose and get their heads rammed into the toilet in November.

Edited by Voldemort86
  • Hook 'Em 3

12 minutes ago, Willfully Horn said:

Steve Scmidt posted an excellent thread on Twitter. 

I will spoiler the middle, to save those who cringe into ire at Lincoln Project tolks.

Reveal hidden contents

But, he ends with something that our drive by posters ought hear from him.

This is you, @Incredulity, @Johnny Sack, @DalTxHornFan, et al.

Steve Schmidt is a fucking loser.  

Please quote any gaslighting I have posted, promulgated, participated in......  

• Fuck You 3

8 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

Steve Schmidt is a fucking loser.  

Please quote any gaslighting I have posted, promulgated, participated in......  

I must have missed your posts decrying the Trump attempts (writ large,) to circumvent democracy. 

Since you know where to look for those posts, I’ll let you defend your honor.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

Fuck you and your purity test.

Clear enough?

Support for a peaceful transfer of power following a free and fair election is a purity test? I mean, it *is* the foundation that all democracies are based on. If you can't get on board with that, then you don't believe in the entire concept and are, therefore, an enemy to it.

• Hook 'Em 4

19 hours ago, Humble Beast said:

Central banking is a scam. It’s at the root of pretty much all of our problems. 

It was also the root cause for a series of financial panics and depressions that are unimaginable in their severity today. The gold standard binds the hands of central bankers, and during a recession, sucks all the cash and credit out of an economy, making everything worse by an order of magnitude.  Link the value of paper money to an arbitrary commodity, what do you think people do with that commodity when the economy takes a down turn?  They hoard it.  And since it's a limited supply commodity, bankers have no ability to devalue the currency or print money to inject liquidity in the system.

It's not the recession that destroys you:  It's the run on the bank.

Edited by Bateshorn
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

14 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

Like a moth to a light bulb.

19 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Support for a peaceful transfer of power following a free and fair election is a purity test? I mean, it *is* the foundation that all democracies are based on. If you can't get on board with that, then you don't believe in the entire concept and are, therefore, an enemy to it.

The lowest of bars to clear and he can't do it.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Willfully Horn said:

Steve Scmidt posted an excellent thread on Twitter. 

I will spoiler the middle, to save those who cringe into ire at Lincoln Project tolks.

Hide contents

But, he ends with something that our drive by posters ought hear from him.

This is you, @Incredulity, @Johnny Sack, @DalTxHornFan, et al.

that's a good read

12 minutes ago, 'stache said:

seriously, why even bother

for real. I have most of those fucks on ignore. the more people that do the less we'll hear from them. 

• Hook 'Em 3