2023 Transfer Thread - Texas Capitalized, ATM Victimized

9 minutes ago, Teryor said:

Doubt he wants to ride the bench next year but interesting

No thanks on Burton. They're fine letting him walk for a reason. 

Regarding Buchner, while he may know Rees' offense, that isn't saying a whole lot. It honestly looks like Nick Saban thinks he can just will shit to happen in college football because he's had his way with the sport for more than a decade. Go back to 3 yards and a cloud of dust and win titles? Sure, sure. Whine about NIL and the portal and make them go away by publicly pleading for the old days? You betcha! Get to add Vandy to your list of permanent rivals? Of course, of course. 

Everyone is giving him the benefit of the doubt, too. I get it, but let's see how this bold strategy plays out.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

What's up with Ty Simpson? former 5-star who had a chance to redshirt and learn. Just hasn't put it together? Figured they'd roll with him and let him take some freshman lumps. But does he just suck too? Weird for Saban to whiff on highly-rated QBs two years in a row. 

8 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

What's up with Ty Simpson? former 5-star who had a chance to redshirt and learn. Just hasn't put it together? Figured they'd roll with him and let him take some freshman lumps. But does he just suck too? Weird for Saban to whiff on highly-rated QBs two years in a row. 

Saban got BoB'ed

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 6

32 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Regarding Buchner, while he may know Rees' offense, that isn't saying a whole lot. It honestly looks like Nick Saban thinks he can just will shit to happen in college football because he's had his way with the sport for more than a decade. Go back to 3 yards and a cloud of dust and win titles? Sure, sure. Whine about NIL and the portal and make them go away by publicly pleading for the old days? You betcha! Get to add Vandy to your list of permanent rivals? Of course, of course. 

Everyone is giving him the benefit of the doubt, too. I get it, but let's see how this bold strategy plays out.

Frankly, I’m ready for that midget fuck to gargle our balls.

• Hook 'Em 3

28 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

He hasn't impressed anyone since arriving. He threw 3 picks in the spring game. Seems like he's your basic Garrett Gilbert. 

• Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

Alabama has a few other highly rated QB recruits that they might go after.

Buchner is the obvious one, but maybe Luke Doty (behind Rattler at USCe), Preston Stone (SMU), DJ Uiagalelei (If they could get him a transfer waiver), Devin Brown ( behind McCord at OhioSt.). 

Edited by Hornlover

49 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

He hasn't impressed anyone since arriving. He threw 3 picks in the spring game. Seems like he's your basic Garrett Gilbert. 

That can't be, i've been told on this very board (football board) that Ewers is your basic Garrett Gilbert. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

As of this article which was yesterday, they had 20 scholarship players. Looks like it's now 19. 

https://theathletic.com/4447590/2023/04/24/deion-sanders-colorado-footall-transfer-portal/

These departures and roster cuts have wiped out several years of recruiting classes for the Buffaloes. Colorado’s previous staff brought in 32 new scholarship players for 2022. Only seven of them are left. Eighteen of the 23 freshmen are now in the portal. The program is down to four scholarship players still on the team from the 2021 class, four from 2020 and another four from 2019.

What they’re left with are 10 of the 41 players who started games last season. Among the players exiting via the portal, 21 had starting experience. Defensive lineman Jalen Sami and offensive lineman Jake Wiley are the only returning players who have logged more than 10 career starts for the program.

51 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

So he's gonna be the first bama QB with a super bowl ring in 50 years? 

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

22 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

Buchner is the obvious one, but maybe Luke Doty (behind Rattler at USCe), Preston Stone (SMU), DJ Uiagalelei (If they could get him a transfer waiver), Devin Brown ( behind McCord at OhioSt.). 

No one who is behind Spencer Rattler can be worth a shit.
Preston Stone has never been worth a shit. 
DJ a;sdlkfna;h;aowubefa;oerni has never even remotely been close to worth a shit. 
Maybe you take a flyer on an Ohio State backup?

These don't seem like good options at all. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

DJ a;sdlkfna;h;aowubefa;oerni has never even remotely been close to worth a shit. 

Ah, I see you covered this. Carry on. 

Edited by Ricky's one-hitter

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Alabraska. 
I’m telling you- it’s setting up the same way. 
we are going to ruin them. 

• Hook 'Em 3

54 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

Devin Brown would be the guy I would be after out of that bunch. 

5 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Devin Brown would be the guy I would be after out of that bunch. 

Isn't he in the middle of a competition to be QB1 at Ohio State with Kyle McCord? From the very limited research I've done it seems McCord has the edge. But Ryan Day has to at least maintain the appearance of an open competition if only to keep Brown from transferring this year. Admittedly I don't follow them too closely so McCord may be the presumptive starter. Perhaps one of our resident buckfucks can elaborate? 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Alabraska. 
I’m telling you- it’s setting up the same way. 
we are going to ruin them. 

Kinda feels like Georgia is going to get the credit for taking down Bama. 

5 minutes ago, Kwix said:

Kinda feels like Georgia is going to get the credit for taking down Bama. 

Yeah but that’s not for all time. Georgia has shared a conference with them forever. We are going to be the one to make them eat their own shit (really NIL and portal taking away their advantage at being one of 10 flagrant cheating schools around). 

• Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

Isn't he in the middle of a competition to be QB1 at Ohio State with Kyle McCord? From the very limited research I've done it seems McCord has the edge. But Ryan Day has to at least maintain the appearance of an open competition if only to keep Brown from transferring this year. Admittedly I don't follow them too closely so McCord may be the presumptive starter. Perhaps one of our resident buckfucks can elaborate? 

Brown was the guy we were after late in Sark's first cycle who ultimately chose tOSU right before we got Quinn. He has had some pretty positive sentiment last year from what I understand. Who knows what that really means, but I would think he easily offers better upside than Buchner.

1 hour ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Yeah but that’s not for all time. Georgia has shared a conference with them forever. We are going to be the one to make them eat their own shit (really NIL and portal taking away their advantage at being one of 10 flagrant cheating schools around). 

Huge if true lol.

23 hours ago, TrashMaster G said:

Yes, fuck him.

What's the story with his mom?

Others have mentioned stuff, but my biggest issue was she complained at one point that her son didn’t get the same or any NIL deals as players, and that NIL deals should be more equal…at least that’s how her tweets read 

39 minutes ago, taybo20 said:

Others have mentioned stuff, but my biggest issue was she complained at one point that her son didn’t get the same or any NIL deals as players, and that NIL deals should be more equal…at least that’s how her tweets read 

The free market is a bitch 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

These don't seem like good options, agreed. But unless they find a way to pry away a starter from a P5 school, this is about the best I could come up with. 

We know they struck out on Maalik. Who else might be out there? AJ Duffy (FSU backup)? Ty Thompson (Oregon backup)?

I hope Thompson realizes track is his best sport, and he hangs it up in football. His crazy ass mother is better suited for an individual sport. 

If he doesn’t, oh well. Riley is gone, so I doubt he’ll hang a long touchdown down on us in the Cotton Bowl. 

When he skipped spring ball to focus on track, I began to get the quitter vibes. A true competitor would participate in both sports. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Hornlover said:

These don't seem like good options, agreed. But unless they find a way to pry away a starter from a P5 school, this is about the best I could come up with. 

We know they struck out on Maalik. Who else might be out there? AJ Duffy (FSU backup)? Ty Thompson (Oregon backup)?

Grayson McCall, Sam Hartman, Devin Leary, Brennan Armstrong and Spencer Sanders were all there for the taking and Saban decided to channel his inner Charlie Strong and just hope by some miracle the QB situation would fix itself magically. That would not even have required tampering. Those guys were looking to leave. It just required effort on his part. Really bizarre how he handled this. 

• Hook 'Em 1

42 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Grayson McCall, Sam Hartman, Devin Leary, Brennan Armstrong and Spencer Sanders were all there for the taking and Saban decided to channel his inner Charlie Strong and just hope by some miracle the QB situation would fix itself magically. That would not even have required tampering. Those guys were looking to leave. It just required effort on his part. Really bizarre how he handled this. 

Did Hartman enroll at Notre Dame before Rees left? I assume that he did. He announced his transfer to ND in the first week of January. Rees left for Bama in early February.

Saban mismanaged this. He could have easily obtained both Rees and Hartman. I assume he was big game hunting Drake Maye and he swung and missed. 

He should reach out to McCall. He pulled his name out of the portal in January. 

If they roll with Milroe against Texas, we should be at worst a 3 point dog. 

7 hours ago, Newy25 said:

6 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Did Hartman enroll at Notre Dame before Rees left? I assume that he did. He announced his transfer to ND in the first week of January. Rees left for Bama in early February.

Saban mismanaged this. He could have easily obtained both Rees and Hartman. I assume he was big game hunting Drake Maye and he swung and missed. 

He should reach out to McCall. He pulled his name out of the portal in January. 

If they roll with Milroe against Texas, we should be at worst a 3 point dog. 

Isn't McCall's under-the-table issue that he pretty much stopped even pretending to play school and it came back to bite him? 

• Hook 'Em 2

25 minutes ago, texifornia said:

The #GunnellEffect is on the move

Holy shit I forgot all about that fucking guy. Who could have predicted a recruit who's commitment announcement to A&M was filmed by Taylor Hamm on his cell phone would go onto to such a high level of failure and mediocrity?

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

I for some reason want burton. I know it’s not  a need but he would be nice to have. 

No, you don’t. And no he wouldn’t be nice to have. He isn’t a good player and hasn’t been since his junior year of high school.

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1