January 6th Committee Hearings Thread of Dominance

Longhorn_Fan68

19 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Just in case you missed all the quotes

“We’re going to the Capitol. It’s going to be great. The president’s going to be there. He’s going to look powerful,” Giuliani said, according to Hutchinson. When Hutchinson asked Giuliani what he meant, he told her to talk to Meadows. And when she asked her boss, Hutchinson said that Meadows warned “things might get real, real bad on Jan. 6.”

"The advance team had relayed to him that the mags were free flowing," Hutchinson said, referring to metal detectors used by the Secret Service, adding that Trump was "concerned about the shot" of the area not being full with people.

"Another leading reason, and likely the primary reason was that he wanted it full and he was angry that we weren't letting people through the mags with weapons," Hutchinson said. "But when we were in the offstage tent, I was in the vicinity of a conversation where I overheard the president say something to the effect of, 'I don't effing care that they have weapons. They're not here to hurt me. Take the effing mags away. Let my people in, they can march to the Capitol from here. Let the people in. Take the effing mags away."

Again, this was first hand testimony since Traitor Jim keeps bringing up hearsay

There is no amount of sworn testimony or other forms of evidence that will cause the GQP to admit that their Orange God is a false prophet. 

8 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Blah blah blah Hunter Biden gas prices inflation fake news.

I'll believe something will happen when I see Trump actually in an orange jumpsuit, and not a millisecond before.  I won't be holding my breath.

Exactly. The DOJ still has to bring charges. And then they have to schedule trials. And that shit will get dragged on forever. If the GQP holds all three branches of government in two years, the chances of any and all prosecution of Trump & his lackeys getting shut down will be 100%. Not 50%, not 75%......100%. Their party platform is basically a wholesale defense of  Trump's idiotic bullshit, whatever that may be. The only chance this fucker ever sees justice is if the dems somehow manage to not lose congress and the WH, and those are some pretty long fucking odds right now. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I am far from a ledge-lurker, but somebody is gonna need to talk my out of my inclination to think this is gonna amount to a hill of beans.

I mean, nothing will happen to the people who committed treason, but these hearing still need to take place for the historical record of the downfall of the once most powerful nation on earth.

Edited by 'stache

4 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Exactly. The DOJ still has to bring charges. And then they have to schedule trials. And that shit will get dragged on forever. If the GQP holds all three branches of government in two years, the chances of any and all prosecution of Trump & his lackeys getting shut down will be 100%. Not 50%, not 75%......100%. Their party platform is basically a wholesale defense of  Trump's idiotic bullshit, whatever that may be. The only chance this fucker ever sees justice is if the dems somehow manage to not lose congress and the WH, and those are some pretty long fucking odds right now. 

We just need him to die.  That is seriously the best thing for America.  We need a former president to die.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Blah blah blah Hunter Biden gas prices inflation fake news.

I'll believe something will happen when I see Trump actually in an orange jumpsuit, and not a millisecond before.  I won't be holding my breath.

“The moral arc of the universe is long and it bends toward justice.” It’s the more poetic version of, you may get by, but you won’t get away.

2 hours ago, Grade of D as in David said:

Donald Trump Ramp GIF by GIPHY News

Even if he avoided stairs and ramps, the furthest he could have made it is 100 yards.

I picture him leading the charge up Capitol Hill in a lifted Camo golf cart, using his putter as a sword.

1 hour ago, bolverk said:

I hope they come back and get her to clarify whether she actually requested to go to FL as part of the team, and have teamTrump show actual correspondence to back this up, or she sues the shit out of him for libel.

1 hour ago, chainsaw said:

Ohio is so aggy

Except they win a title now and then.

42 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

You know that about 20-25% of all republicans will hear pieces of today's testimony, and their takeaway will be "HE DIDN'T LET US DOWN AFTER ALL! HE WANTED TO GO TO THE CAPITAL AND WAS RESTRAINED! HE DOES FIGHT FOR US!"

This was exactly my thought when this came out.  They'll shift blame to the deep state.  

40 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

I have such mixed feelings about this witness.  She is clearly brave, and at 25-years-old showed more courage than anyone else in trumpworld.  But she's also proud of her "legislative accomplishments" on behalf of the trump WH, presumably including such things as separating brown babies from their mothers and getting ACB on the Court.  She's done some vile things that should transcend politics, had one of the "political parties" not gone completely off the rails in fascism.

Yeah, I was like "what?"  What has he done that could be legislative accomplishments, other than the tax relief for the rich.  Otherwise they got nothing done, it was all done by executive order.  Hopefully some of the scales fell from her eyes.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, kevwun said:

The DoJ needs to go for the sedition charge because there are quite a few people involved with this who never need to hold office again.  They are dangers to our democracy.

Can they block people from working in administrations, or acting as consultants?  Like Flynn, Rudy, Meadows, Bannon, etc.

26 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Well, if not that, then obstruction of an official proceeding.  And they're both 20-year felonies.  And throw in some obstruction of justice/witness tampering, to boot.

And, the delicious and hilarious thing is, to make reasonable doubt, I think it would be imperative that Trump testify to provide some alternate explanation for his words and behaviors.

And I think we can guess how that's going to go.  Col. Jessup indeed.

Col. Word Salad. He will inadvertently admit his crimes, in passing, as he regales us with tales of things that wholly irrelevant and are demonstrably untrue.

10 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Seriously, how could Biden appoint someone that he didn't absolutely know would do the right thing?  Garland is worse than Mueller.

Because Biden is just like Pelosi, Schumer, Clyburn, and Maxine—old ass Dems who believe they “win” by returning to civility and not being mean while just talking and saying a lot of big words in an angry tone.

• Like 2
  • Rage+1 3

12 minutes ago, yoladu said:

Who Are These People GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

They were lumbering around shopping malls on Friday, getting their nails done, munching on extreme fajitas at TGIF. They're everywhere, and they don't vote, but when they do vote it excites the same part of the brain used while sitting on the couch and picking which Netflix show to watch.

10 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Because Biden is just like Pelosi, Schumer, Clyburn, and Maxine—old ass Dems who believe they “win” by returning to civility and not being mean while just talking and saying a lot of big words in an angry tone.

There is a chance that these old ass Dems will have prosecuted  the most consequential Select Committee in this nation’s history. Not sure why so many people are not willing to let this play out, even it bleeds into (God forbid),  mid terms campaign season. 

• Hook 'Em 7

20 minutes ago, pyrohornIII said:

Can they block people from working in administrations, or acting as consultants?  Like Flynn, Rudy, Meadows, Bannon, etc.

Flynn is the worst. A literal three star general that wanted to overthrow the government. That's chilling.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 3

29 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

can someone explain this one to me?

The adoptive-admission rule is that a statement is not hearsay if it is adopted by the speaker as being accurate.  A statement can be adopted by silence when it would be reasonably expected that the original speaker would deny it.

So when she's recounting the story that Meadows told her about what happened in the limo, that's hearsay.  But presuming Meadows is watching the hearings--something that they'll have to lay the foundation on if he ever testifies--it could be an adopted admission if he doesn't get out there on Twitter right now saying "I never said that shit."

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Y'all aren't going to believe this, but "Hunter Biden" is trending on twitter!

Shocking, huh?

People would be shocked if they knew how easy it was to get stuff trending.  Once you’ve setup everything/paid the right companies, a few text messages/alerts or a few tweets posted with specific wording, and you sit back and watch as Hunter Biden trends (or the topic of your choice).

In the case of Republicans, they may not even have to pay anybody for bots.  They have enough Qanon idiots who will do it for free.

• Hook 'Em 1