Active shooter thread

Hugo Stiglitz

1 hour ago, Hank Kingsley said:

We're on pace for the majority of Americans having been affected by gun violence in some way in the next 50 years or so. 

We are past that with the minority demo is this country. Fucking sucks but nothing we can do or that's what I've been told my whole life 

• Rage+1 1

51 minutes ago, Zepol87 said:

We are past that with the minority demo is this country. Fucking sucks but nothing we can do or that's what I've been told my whole life 

Have you considered thinking and/or praying harder? 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Maybe I'm being prejudiced, but I would suspect that naming a mobile home park after the cradle of English Christianity is probably going right over the heads of the residents.

I dunno, if you changed the language to the modern, The Miller's Tale might be completely appropriate. Robin the miller was a drunken lout and the tale features a bit of a love spat, so from Chaucer's old England to the Rocky Mountains is a short hop in distance and time.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I dunno, if you changed the language to the modern, The Miller's Tale might be completely appropriate. Robin the miller was a drunken lout and the tale features a bit of a love spat, so from Chaucer's old England to the Rocky Mountains is a short hop in distance and time.

We got assigned to read the Canterbury Tales in senior English in high school.  For some reason, I pulled it out and started reading it during physics class.  I got to The Miller's Tale and busted out laughing, then passed it around to the rest of my nerdy friends with "read this part" instructions, completely disrupted physics class, and got sent to talk to the principal.   

Of all the times I got in trouble in high school, that was my favorite one to explain to my parents.   

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

As mass shootings continue unabated, Texas pols have wasted little time responding to the violence. They have advanced constitutional carry, voter suppression, still more anti abortion bills with CRT bans on deck. 

Meanwhile, legislation to address the power grid issues is nowhere to be found.

34 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

"The attack was Colorado’s worst mass shooting since a gunman killed 10 people at a Boulder supermarket March 22. "

How sad is that sentence?

It's as if we all live on a major construction site staffed by blind, drunk aggys -- "It has been 2 hours since our last work site accident."

22 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Maybe I'm being prejudiced, but I would suspect that naming a mobile home park after the cradle of English Christianity is probably going right over the heads of the residents.

Trailer Park Boys- The Friar, The Pardoner, The Summoner.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

We’ve settled as a society. We’re okay with living through the inconvenience of hearing about innocent people being shot to death at work because we value guns more than people. This will happen again...perhaps even before the week is out. We’re on a roll.

Texans should rest in the calm assurance that we will soon be able to purchase without the burdensome requirements of licensure and training. We have a constitutional right to override the right of those who foolishly believe in the promotion of the general welfare and the unfettered pursuit of happiness.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

I'll never understand killing innocent people, but I really don't understand the point of killing a bunch of people and then yourself. The murderous psychopath doesn't even get to enjoy his murders before blowing his brains out.

I guess I kind of understand when the victim is a lover whom the psycho is possessive of and doesn't want anyone else to have. I realize these people aren't exactly thinking rationally, but what's the warped reasoning that makes killing random people and then yourself seem like a good idea? 

50 minutes ago, Hookah Horns said:

I'll never understand killing innocent people, but I really don't understand the point of killing a bunch of people and then yourself. The murderous psychopath doesn't even get to enjoy his murders before blowing his brains out.

I guess I kind of understand when the victim is a lover whom the psycho is possessive of and doesn't want anyone else to have. I realize these people aren't exactly thinking rationally, but what's the warped reasoning that makes killing random people and then yourself seem like a good idea? 

first, you have to understand: guns don't kill people. so don't blame the guns. 

I got nothing after that.

• Haha 1

• Pancho changed the title to Active shooter thread