Highland Park IL 4th of July Parade Massacre

16 minutes ago, Superhero said:

Hmmm... white victims, black suspect.

Will there be more than thoughts and prayers?

Shit, my racism is showing. AP article said "Crimo, who goes by the name Bobby, was an aspiring rapper with the stage name Awake the Rapper, posting on social media dozens videos and songs, some ominous and violent." and I automatically thought it was a black guy.

2 minutes ago, Superhero said:

Shit, my racism is showing. AP article said "Crimo, who goes by the name Bobby, was an aspiring rapper with the stage name Awake the Rapper, posting on social media dozens videos and songs, some ominous and violent." and I automatically thought it was a black guy.

maybe research more. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Superhero said:

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Bobby_Batronic said:

Mentally stable is probably not my first thought when seeing that mug. 

He looks like if Remy the rat from Ratatouille took the bad path and ended up doing gay for pay and/or cooking meth in Mesa, AZ 

• Like 1

It's not an original thought, but I am to the point that I feel we unfortunately need to be showing the injuries and deaths from each of these shootings to the public in repeated, gory detail.  Gun nuts will still keep their heads in the sand while jamming their guns up their collective asses, and their wives will cry that their darling precious childrens' innocence isn't being protected.  But frankly we're long past other of ways to convince the rest of the populace on this.

Edited by freyguy
  • Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, freyguy said:

It's not an original thought, but I am to the point that I feel we unfortunately need to be showing the injuries and deaths from each of these shootings to the public in repeated, gory detail.  Gun nuts will still keep their heads in the sand while jamming their guns up their collective asses, and their wives will cry that their darling precious childrens' innocence isn't being protected.  But frankly we're long past other of ways to convince the rest of the populace on this.

It would be shocking at first, but eventually we’d become desensitized to it. 

• Rage+1 1

9 hours ago, Superhero said:

Generational gap. When I heard he was a rapper and his music was like that I knew he was a white guy. Neck/face tats and all. Dark/sad/emo rap is a huge huge genre nowadays. Dominated by scrawny tatted up white dudes. White rappers in general are like black QBs now. So many it’s not notable, in all genres. 

7 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Generational gap. When I heard he was a rapper and his music was like that I knew he was a white guy. Neck/face tats and all. Dark/sad/emo rap is a huge huge genre nowadays. Dominated by scrawny tatted up white dudes. White rappers in general are like black QBs now. So many it’s not notable, in all genres. 

IMO, this is an excellent example of implicit biases in context. You heard "Chicago, rapper, violent, tattoos" and thought black, not because YOU are racist, but because the society and systems we exist in impose those biases upon us. The stories we hear in the news get us used to that pattern of info leading to the same place over and over, true or not. It's up to us to recognize those biases and try to address them within our own worldview.

Or we could simply ban that concept from schools, same/same tbh

Edited by Captainant
  • Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Captainant said:

IMO, this is an excellent example of implicit biases in context. You heard "Chicago, rapper, violent, tattoos" and thought black, not because YOU are racist, but because the society and systems we exist in impose those biases upon us. The stories we hear in the news get us used to that pattern of info leading to the same place over and over, true or not. It's up to us to recognize those biases and try to address them within our own worldview.

Or we could simply ban that concept from schools, same/same tbh

All true. Quoted wrong guy though. You might’ve seen my username and just thought I was wrong because of your implicit biases. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, FartingMonk said:

His dad is a pretty prominent member of the community too.  This is some Malibu's most wanted type stuff

His dad is a prominent member and his kid has these face tattoos and psychopathy? His dad probably wasn't much a dad or the mental illness is real there.

10 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

Honestly, I would bet the Venn diagram of guys getting laid regularly and guys that commit mass murder are two circles with no overlap.

Mass shoutings for sure. Trying to think about how guys like Bundy and Manson fit in.

1 hour ago, CooterBrown said:

Honestly, I would bet the Venn diagram of guys getting laid regularly and guys that commit mass murder are two circles with no overlap.

See also: Al Queda

The world needs more of those new lifelike sex robots asap. Sell them cheap on incel message boards and carpet bomb them onto Saudi, Yemen, Oman, and Iran. 

• Drool 1

1 hour ago, FartingMonk said:

Says he owns two businesses and was a candidate for mayor 

Good buddy is his attorney and was called yesterday while fuckface was at large.  Didn’t answer and just told the authorities.  He is not a criminal defense attorney.  
Can only verify the old man was fairly well known in that area.  

17 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Good buddy is his attorney and was called yesterday while fuckface was at large.  Didn’t answer and just told the authorities.  He is not a criminal defense attorney.  
Can only verify the old man was fairly well known in that area.  

Trying to interpret this.  I think you mean:  your good buddy is the shooter's father's attorney but is not a criminal defense attorney.  The shooter's father called your good buddy yesterday while the shooter was at large, but your good buddy did not answer.  Instead, your good buddy told the authorities that the shooter's father had called.  You can only verify that the shooter's father was fairly well known in that area.

12 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

Trying to interpret this.  I think you mean:  your good buddy is the shooter's father's attorney but is not a criminal defense attorney.  The shooter's father called your good buddy yesterday while the shooter was at large, but your good buddy did not answer.  Instead, your good buddy told the authorities that the shooter's father had called.  You can only verify that the shooter's father was fairly well known in that area.

Lol.  Yes.  I may still have wetbrain from the long weekend.  Guilty