[2022] Louisiana Monroe @ Texas

Wulaw Horn

55 minutes ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

Wait we are really expecting sanders to start over billingsley? I don’t know to be excited or confused about that. Someone that has played TE well for a juggernaut or a soph that could have been a DE-where we are dreadful. If sanders made that jump then great but interesting for sure. 

Not sure why this surprising or why it would worry you. Sanders was a 5 star for a reason. The light’s coming on and he has NFL athleticism and size for the position. This is what you should’ve been hoping to see. 

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

Wait we are really expecting sanders to start over billingsley? I don’t know to be excited or confused about that. Someone that has played TE well for a juggernaut or a soph that could have been a DE-where we are dreadful. If sanders made that jump then great but interesting for sure. 

There are countless videos of Sanders literally toying with defenders at the high school level - the kid is an absolute stud and was Bank's 'special project' all last season and this off-season.  Sark most recently said that Sanders has the best hands on the team.  Big, strong, fast, with ridiculous hands is going to earn you a start at most places.

Should be noted that because of Billingsley's ability to move all over the field Texas is likely to be playing with 2 TE's a lot.  Sanders might be the starter - but Billingsley is going to get plenty of opportunity to catch the ball.

Edited by Hiphopopotamos
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Drool 1

40 minutes ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

It could be that Billingsley coming here was the catalyst. Or, he just needed time to adjust to the position. Either way, Sanders has been playing on another level in 2022.

Losing Neyor was a tough blow but I think it hasn't gotten as much press due to the emergence of our TE room. Banks has earned his money on the recruiting trail and as a position coach.

Edited by pacman
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Apparently Sanders is blocking the fuck out of people too so that's the biggest thing. If he's out there with the ability to open holes for Bijan as well as catch some passes in traffic he's the most dangerous TE by far. 

Worthy - Whittington --Robinson-- Sanders - (Cain/Thompson/Red)

J Whitt can play outside too if one of those new guys is better in the slot. 

Losing Neyor sucked, but if we need more height we have Billingslyy and Hall. The speed is there from the freshman. 

45 minutes ago, immamac said:

Sanders is the best TE and it's not particularly close. Helm is the 2nd best all around TE, but gets edged out by some of the experience and attributes of Billingsly. Juan Davis is the fastest, most dynamic TE and will be used in certain packages and looks. 

The 4 deep at TE is ridiculous, if not for our absolutely absurd RB room the TE room is one of the best, if not the best in the country. 

You should be very excited about this news. 

EDGED 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

40 minutes ago, immamac said:

Sanders is the best TE and it's not particularly close. Helm is the 2nd best all around TE, but gets edged out by some of the experience and attributes of Billingsly. Juan Davis is the fastest, most dynamic TE and will be used in certain packages and looks. 

The 4 deep at TE is ridiculous, if not for our absolutely absurd RB room the TE room is one of the best, if not the best in the country. 

So the TE's actually do read the board?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, immamac said:

I still would have liked to seen Juan on the Edge. Cool with Sanders or Davis at TE, but I would have loved to see the loser of the TE comp go to DE.. That dream is dead though

• Hook 'Em 1

37 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

This is probably the most exciting part about this season to me. No more snaps with the pedestrian MJ McFarland, Kendall Moore, Garret Gray, Malcom Epps, Jared Wiley, Reese Leitao, and Cade Brewer in the vicinity, taking up space.

I'm going Texas 51-13 for this one.

Just added a few names so we could fully appreciate the shit sandwich at TE we’ve had to endure the last decade. 

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 3

5 minutes ago, lazygringo said:

Anyone else think it's crazy that our front four likely consists of: Sorrell (3 stars), Ojomo (3 stars), Murphy (3 stars), and Oghoufo (3 stars)?

Not really. We’ve been terrible at recruiting DL and edge for years. If you don’t include the freshman class, it’s something like 9/13 of our scholarship edge and DL are 3 stars. 

15 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Not really. We’ve been terrible at recruiting DL and edge for years. If you don’t include the freshman class, it’s something like 9/13 of our scholarship edge and DL are 3 stars. 

Looking at the non-freshman and their 247 composite ranking:

4 stars- Broughton, Coburn, Collins, Dorbah (lol), Harris

3 stars- Murphy, Sweat, Ojomo, Oghoufo, Sorrell

15 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

What was Coburn a few years back, 355-360ish? He honestly played better at that weight. Doesn't seem like losing weight last offseason helped his play at all and made him worse if anything.

You could argue that Coburn peaked as a Freshmen and has gotten worse every year since

• Rage+1 1

14 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

What was Coburn a few years back, 355-360ish? He honestly played better at that weight. Doesn't seem like losing weight last offseason helped his play at all and made him worse if anything.

Huh? The only year he was good was 2019 when he came in from offseason around 330ish. Every year since then he’s come back well over 350 and looked sluggish and ineffective ever since. 

• Rage+1 1

14 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Ahh the pre season kool aide is flowing! I’ll believe a 56-10 score when I see us actually dominate someone. I’m leaning more in the 49-28 camp because our defense. 

We held a very good Louisiana Directional team to 18 last year. ULM is worse. The talent differential is just too much.

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, Daichee Bell said:
13 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

2018 OU game is on LHN right now. If we can get half of Gary Johnson production from DTD it will be a godsend. 

Children or tackles?

Overshown is about to be a father.