Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet

Coach pop a bitch

7 hours ago, C-Man said:

Anybody else annoyed it's taken five days for the story about Ewers' finger to become public? Did I just miss it somewhere? It was briefly mentioned by a poster above but I never saw it corroborated anywhere? The message boards have been dissecting Ewers' performance and wondering how he could've played so poorly when a simple, "Hey, Quinn was battling through a finger issue that I think effected him more than I'd hoped. He gutted it out for his teammates but we just didn't get it done."

This is kind of an indictment on Sark to know he was hurting, see that sub-par performance and not say have him sit down when it was obvious the injury was bothering him. Just tell Ewers "you're my guy but we need to get healthy" and play Card for a series or two.

Getting Casey Thompson PTSD from this whole situation 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fondren & Main said:

Take Anwar’s word with a grain of salt.  He works for fat Ketch the dumbass.

I will say in the past OB has mentioned they’ve gotten information from the “Ewers side” on certain topics so it is possible the injury is being overplayed slightly. If he’s been able to practice this whole week and it will heal up with 3 days rest this weekend, that doesn’t sound as life threatening as Casey Thompson’s thumb injury that would magically go away and then re-appear based off the opponent.

Anybody else annoyed it's taken five days for the story about Ewers' finger to become public? Did I just miss it somewhere? It was briefly mentioned by a poster above but I never saw it corroborated anywhere? The message boards have been dissecting Ewers' performance and wondering how he could've played so poorly when a simple, "Hey, Quinn was battling through a finger issue that I think effected him more than I'd hoped. He gutted it out for his teammates but we just didn't get it done."
This is kind of an indictment on Sark to know he was hurting, see that sub-par performance and not say have him sit down when it was obvious the injury was bothering him. Just tell Ewers "you're my guy but we need to get healthy" and play Card for a series or two.

It was fucking obvious it was more than “the wind” or “he just didn’t have it today”. The difference in his performance was night and day.
More than annoyed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

14 hours ago, C-Man said:

7 minutes ago, TxTower said:

It was fucking obvious it was more than “the wind” or “he just didn’t have it today”. The difference in his performance was night and day.
More than annoyed. emoji35.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It didn't take 5 days for the story about Ewers' finger to become public.  Ewers himself mentioned it in the post-game and said it didn't affect him.

Edited by OU Sucks
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Fondren & Main said:

Take Anwar’s word with a grain bucket of salt.  He works for fat Ketch the dumbass.

This in spades. Anwar pushes the narrative injury is the reason yet it's all speculation. In his steering statements he makes use of the terms "could", "may have" and "appears to have". For good measure he tosses in Ewers' clavicle sprain recovery as incomplete against the stark reality of 49-0 and multiple NFL level throws against OU. Ewers himself said his finger wasn't an issue. WTF over.

Click-click, $9.95

• Hook 'Em 1

It didn't take 5 days for the story about Ewers' finger to become public.  Ewers himself mentioned it in the post-game and said it didn't affect him.

What’s a college football player gonna say about a fingernail injury? But that shit hurts like a motherfucker. It was bothering him enough to try wearing a glove over it during pregame.

5 minutes ago, C-Man said:

What’s a college football player gonna say about a fingernail injury? But that shit hurts like a motherfucker. It was bothering him enough to try wearing a glove over it during pregame.

I'm wondering if they gave him a shot for pain and it made a lot of his hand numb so he didn't have feel in the hand. 

37 minutes ago, C-Man said:

What are you even talking about?  You wrongly said "it's taken five days for the story about Ewers' finger to become public" when he himself disclosed the injury right after the game.  Then there were plenty of stories about it.  You could've just said "okay, I did just miss it".

Just reminded that Quinn normally would have graduated last year from high school.

This dude is young and still learning.  Colt had some shitty games too early in his Texas career.  Quinn needs to spread the ball around more.

My buddy that has coached high school in Texas for years says the Horns are playing better, but still struggle with consistency especially when younger backups are on the field.  He's not a PK fan, but does see players still learning how to play their positions that are often a step slow to react. 

Add a couple good pass rushers to this defense and it would be a lot better.  Texas still needs a real playmaker at safety too.  

On 10/28/2022 at 6:05 PM, OU Sucks said:

What are you even talking about?  You wrongly said "it's taken five days for the story about Ewers' finger to become public" when he himself disclosed the injury right after the game.  Then there were plenty of stories about it.  You could've just said "okay, I did just miss it".

I don't read the $9.95 stuff unless it gets reposted here and even then I usually just scan the reports if I read them at all. All I heard/read about the fingernail was a throwaway post from a single poster in this thread (I think) that kind of mentioned it shortly after the game -- or maybe Sunday. As you said, maybe I missed it being widely discussed/reported but it appeared to die as a point of discussion at that point. I also don't read the AAS for the most part but AFAIK it wasn't printed by a non-$9.95'er until the piece five days later.

All I meant is that a college football player is not likely to ever admit he had a poor day due to a fingernail issue even if he had. Sark, OTOH, could try and explain away the shitty performance by saying he was bothered by something. I don't know about y'all but I'd like to be able to cling to something physical as being the reason for how poorly he threw the ball against OkSt. I would feel a lot better about things moving forward if that were the case.

That's all it was.

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

He can’t seem to turn up his game when needed. Maybe he’s at his ceiling and there’s nothing else there. If I’m a DC, I’m not worried about him beating me.

He made 3 straight 3rd down plays in the 4th. The one x fumbled was a great scramble by him. Sark on the pitch and 3rd and 2 that was stuffed was bs play calls. Maybe sark doesn't trust him but I would have loved to see what he could do on those 2 plays. 

• Hook 'Em 3

8 hours ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Arm strength is incredibly overrated. How hard you can spin it or throw it doesn't matter if you can't consistently put the ball where it needs to be.

8 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

He overthrows everything past 15 yards 

His arm definitely isn't overrated. He has a problem leashing it in. His throw is so "all gas" he can't back off for the feather touch. When he gets that under control look out.

He's a redshirt freshman doing redshirt freshman things. Specially on the road. Compare last night to OSU and there's clear improvement. At this point, he should be showing promise, which he has. Consistency, leadership, etc. usually comes later. VY wasn't superman his first year starting and wanted to leave Texas.

• Hook 'Em 6

Look at the first quarter of the Bama game. His long ball was there. Ever since then, if he goes deep it is an overthrow. I think the coaches got in his head while he was hurt about DON'T TURN THE BALL OVER. If he misses, he misses where it isn't going to be intercepted.

Throwing it high everywhere is going to get the ball turned over or get someone hurt.

1 hour ago, Both Tacos said:

Look at the first quarter of the Bama game. His long ball was there. Ever since then, if he goes deep it is an overthrow. I think the coaches got in his head while he was hurt about DON'T TURN THE BALL OVER. If he misses, he misses where it isn't going to be intercepted.

There is some bad chemistry with Quinn and Worthy deep. I believe it was the first deep shot, I had no fucking idea what Worthy was doing. Just terrible WR play. Quinn sailed 2 or 3 after that. 

He can’t seem to turn up his game when needed. Maybe he’s at his ceiling and there’s nothing else there.If I’m a DC, I’m not worried about him beating me.

Maybe I missed a joke upthread?

If not. Then wow. I mean, you selected a meme name for being drunk, but goddamn you probably should start finding another that projects “fucking stupid”
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

He showed jackhammer feet from his first carry ever. We all saw it.

Ewers has shown some pretty incredible arm talent so far. He consistently hits deep outs that would be trouble for many NFL qbs. But I really have no idea what is going on with the long ball right now. I still think worthy just giving up on routes is a very significant part of the problem. 

• Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Ewers has shown some pretty incredible arm talent so far. He consistently hits deep outs that would be trouble for many NFL qbs. But I really have no idea what is going on with the long ball right now. I still think worthy just giving up on routes is a very significant part of the problem. 

We'll find out when we see another fast WR get deep shots.

QB has to put the ball in a space where WR can go get it and WR has to go get it. That's it.  One or both of those things aren't happening on deep balls.

Everything else looks good. We'll be fine.

Edited by Slacks
Otto Kowrek
  • Hook 'Em 3

6 hours ago, RPM said:

His arm definitely isn't overrated. He has a problem leashing it in.

That is what Neon and I were saying, wasn't it?

And it should've been clear to you that I was speaking generally, that arm strength as an indicator of QB effectiveness is overrated. It's nice to have, but it's not as important as most make it out to be. Accuracy and composure are far, far more critical.

1 hour ago, Braff Zacklin said:

That is what Neon and I were saying, wasn't it?

And it should've been clear to you that I was speaking generally, that arm strength as an indicator of QB effectiveness is overrated. It's nice to have, but it's not as important as most make it out to be. Accuracy and composure are far, far more critical.

So you're saying he needs experience and coaching?

2 hours ago, Steel Shank said:

Here I thought I was a big dumbass, but some of you are making look like Einstein.

And some of you are so used to shitty quarterback play you haven’t seen what a five star quarterback is able to do as a freshman nowadays. These kids come out of high school able to progress through reads and throw an accurate deep ball.

Quinn’s deep ball is atrocious, his mechanics are some of the worst I’ve seen for a kid this highly touted and he rarely looks to extend plays. His accuracy has been sub-par thus far.

He has been underwhelming by today’s standards, and if it keeps up there will absolutely be a QB battle next fall, assuming we pull Manning in.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Ghost of Shag said:

And some of you are so used to shitty quarterback play you haven’t seen what a five star quarterback is able to do as a freshman nowadays. These kids come out of high school able to progress through reads and throw an accurate deep ball.

Quinn’s deep ball is atrocious, his mechanics are some of the worst I’ve seen for a kid this highly touted and he rarely looks to extend plays. His accuracy has been sub-par thus far.

He has been underwhelming by today’s standards, and if it keeps up there will absolutely be a QB battle next fall, assuming we pull Manning in.

Agreed. Quinn is fine but Arch will be better the moment he steps on campus. Quinn may transfer again. 

• Haha 2

All the deep balls yesterday were thrown off his back foot, all arm.  Ever since Bama game he seems a little skittish in the pocket, not stepping into throws.  Deep ball has too much air under it and hang in the air too long allowing DBs to make a play on the ball.

1 minute ago, CoachTex said:

All the deep balls yesterday were thrown off his back foot, all arm.  Ever since Bama game he seems a little skittish in the pocket, not stepping into throws.  Deep ball has too much air under it and hang in the air too long allowing DBs to make a play on the ball.

he throws off his back foot all the time, seriously, when does he actually step into a throw?

• Like 1

• immamac changed the title to Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet