Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet

Coach pop a bitch

8 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

Incredibly dumb shit right here. There’s no basis for it really.

I mean did you know Alabama scored 10 points in one quarter while Ewers QB but only 10 in 3 quarters while Card was QB.

And OSU And ISU each may have had their best offensive games. OU wasn’t even trying to score.

At least Card made Tech use 4 downs.

Whatever BS people talked themselves into about Ewers needs to be put to rest. Until he legit proves something.

Screen name checks out

16 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

Ok that's pretty good. 

Whatever BS people talked themselves into about Ewers needs to be put to rest. Until he legit proves something.

Well here is the deal with that: if we have a guy who is supposedly a generational type talent and can't make him work then what are we even doing here? Who would want to come play for us if we cannot even coach up a 5 star? I think we kind of need to make this Ewers thing work. Now I guess if he strings together a series of games like this one then we will have to come to terms with the fact that we can't take a generational talent and win. We cannot even do that. So yeah come on recruits, come to the place that turns gold into shit.

If Ewers fails here, that is a much bigger condemnation on us than him, especially given our longstanding history of five start players one star culture. It is not like he would be some weird aberration. This is what we do.

Texas has to prove they can coach a top player to greatness, not five star players prove they can make it. They do that all over the country.

Edited by Valmy77

Ewers sucked last week at home too.  No matter what Da Fino's stupid ass thinks.  5 star, highest rated QB ever and he can't complete 35% of his passes against a weak pass defense.  I think most Texas fans suffer from Stockholm syndrome.  Texas football abuses fans and they make excuses.  I get it that Ian Boyd and pay sites do it because they want fans to stay engaged and pay them money.  But normal fans shouldn't be such pussies about an under performing team.  TCU is undefeated for godsakes.  Coaches can make immediate an immediate difference in college football.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 3

There’s nothing wrong with NIl and players getting paid and they’ve been plaid here also before NIL. Since Satk said he was not injured and he didn’t appear to be treated for any injuries or injury or shaking off one during the entire game I’d just surmise he has a lot a growing to do. If he thought he’d just jump right out of high school and into college and get the starter role at any place and just roll into it because he’s got an arm then the peope around him are idiots. He’s not even seeing open WRs. It’s a process. Some take to it faster than others. If he wants the big bucks he’s going to have to work at it and I’ve seen less evidence that he has worked at it than an injury. By all accounts I wouldn’t have had him come back until after the bye with the collar bone strain but that’s my opinion. That’s on the HC. If he’s still hurt or shouldn’t be there that was On Sark.

Ok. Thank you for your insight, Nicole. I was confused I guess.

Ewers sucked last week at home too.  No matter what Da Fino's stupid ass thinks.  5 star, highest rated QB ever and he can't complete 35% of his passes against a weak pass defense.  I think most Texas fans suffer from Stockholm syndrome.  Texas football abuses fans and they make excuses.  I get it that Ian Boyd and pay sites do it because they want fans to stay engaged and pay them money.  But normal fans shouldn't be such pussies about an under performing team.  TCU is undefeated for godsakes.  Coaches can make immediate an immediate difference in college football.

Ok. You’ve got it figured out.

5 hours ago, Auto Driller said:

Roschon’s last carry was a 53 yard TD.

why the FUCK are we addicted to hiring coaches who find success and immediately abandon it.

A bad index finger would be the exact type of thing that would lead to consistent overthrows.

Kind of agree, there was something waaaay off with his throwing,  what I don't know,  but very uncharacteristic. 

5 hours ago, Red Five said:

Watching live, I chalked it up to a combination of the wind, not being on the same page as the WRs, and Ewers generally playing like shit. 

Don't think I've ever seen that many balls drop right next to open receivers. It must have happened 10 times. Like we brought in someone out of the stands that had never practiced with any of the receivers he was throwing to. Just really strange. 

Worthy showed a tremendous lack of effort/concern today.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Kind of agree, there was something waaaay off with his throwing,  what I don't know,  but very uncharacteristic. 

He was simply terrible today. He wasn't great last week either but today was simply unexplainable unless he was hurt. Just bizarre.

• Hook 'Em 3

5 hours ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Worthy showed a tremendous lack of effort/concern today.

Worthy always shows a lack of effort/concern

if you get him a perfect throw he’ll catch it. But he’s not laying out or jumping up and exposing himself to a hit or anything 

Worthy’s biggest concern is Worthy. Not Texas winning football games 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, bschoolprof said:

maybe he should use his legs more.  It's all arms.  Seems like that would fuck up your accuracy.  

could be the cause of the yips. happens to guys who hurt themselves following through sometimes. they get some timid happy feet. perfectly okay and natural and you still gotta pull him when it's obvious

7 hours ago, Had Enough said:

Incredibly dumb shit right here. There’s no basis for it really.

I mean did you know Alabama scored 10 points in one quarter while Ewers QB but only 10 in 3 quarters while Card was QB.

And OSU And ISU each may have had their best offensive games. OU wasn’t even trying to score.

There's no basis for 75% of the shit posted on this board.  It's just speculation.

I think Card probably should have been given a go.  But seems about half this game of football is fucking superstition and Card is definitely limited and there is no guarantee he would have changed anything.

22 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

could be the cause of the yips. happens to guys who hurt themselves following through sometimes. they get some timid happy feet. perfectly okay and natural and you still gotta pull him when it's obvious

We could have gone through the entire cycle of recognizing Ewers had “the yips”, confirming that it wasn’t going to get better today, and then putting together unsuccessful drives that mostly don’t result in points outside of brilliant runs but take time off the clock, all without risking the game. Instead we tried the same thing over and over again and gave them the ball after 15 second three and outs that confirmed nothing changed in the past ten minutes. Lost the game. Nobody thinks that Card is the solution, but it was patently obvious that Ewers was not able to be effective at all yesterday.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Really believe that these early picks have he (and his QB coach who has his entire fucking future leveraged on this one player) paralyzing the one thing that sets Ewers apart.

He's taken the sound advice of 'just throw it away and live for another play' WAY too far.  

He's going to throw it to the wrong colored jersey, probably 1.5 times a game when he's a 'finished product'

But all of the spectacular shit that only cats like that can do is being 'coached' right out of him.

He's not Brad Johnson or Rich Gannon 'game manager'

He's "high ceiling" talent that comes with a price, kinda like Mack needing to let Vince Young just play fucking football when it became just too obvious that his 'coaches' were  only fucking up his chance at success.

I don't believe this is a permanent problem, I'm not as convinced that "Sark is an idiot" as many on here are.....disappointing for sure, but I believe he's self aware enough to look at what's happening and adjust that.  I wouldn't expect to see Card, tho.   Sark has his entire salary, resume, mortgage, legacy and prospects riding on Ewers' right arm.

His cool demeaner will be as important as his God given arm talent when this is all said and done because right now his coach has him reigned in way too tight.

No doubt this sucks out loud right now.

Oh, and the other wideouts not wearing #4 giving a fuck would help as well.   Where are these Alabama transfers?

• Hook 'Em 2

Fucker had money on OSU only explanation.  I’ve never seen a QB at Texas play as bad as he did yesterday. All the fucking connors cases swoops  Gilbert throwing 18 interceptions against k state. None of that looked like yesterday  absolutely lack of effort. No emotion. No give a shit. Nothing no one cared at all 

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 2

26 minutes ago, Alphie Solomons. said:

Really believe that these early picks have he (and his QB coach who has his entire fucking future leveraged on this one player) paralyzing the one thing that sets Ewers apart.

He's taken the sound advice of 'just throw it away and live for another play' WAY too far.  

He's going to throw it to the wrong colored jersey, probably 1.5 times a game when he's a 'finished product'

But all of the spectacular shit that only cats like that can do is being 'coached' right out of him.

He's not Brad Johnson or Rich Gannon 'game manager'

He's "high ceiling" talent that comes with a price, kinda like Mack needing to let Vince Young just play fucking football when it became just too obvious that his 'coaches' were  only fucking up his chance at success.

I don't believe this is a permanent problem, I'm not as convinced that "Sark is an idiot" as many on here are.....disappointing for sure, but I believe he's self aware enough to look at what's happening and adjust that.  I wouldn't expect to see Card, tho.   Sark has his entire salary, resume, mortgage, legacy and prospects riding on Ewers' right arm.

His cool demeaner will be as important as his God given arm talent when this is all said and done because right now his coach has him reigned in way too tight.

No doubt this sucks out loud right now.

Oh, and the other wideouts not wearing #4 giving a fuck would help as well.   Where are these Alabama transfers?

Jahleel Billingsley actually played a pretty good game. Made a couple of really nice blocks, had at least 1 reception, and was open on a couple more where Quinn sailed it 10 yards over his head.

33 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Man you guys are way off. I don't think Ewers was hurt at all. I think it was a combination of rushed throws because guys were coming completely unblocked and receivers just absolutely dogging it, not willing to help out their guy. That's why I think that the Card thing is silly. Like what was his ball-holding ass gonna do? 

42:00 Ewers lets one go and Worthy makes zero effort to go and get it. Just runs and sees its a little out of his reach and gives up. 

42:35 Bijan goes out into the flat for a pass. On his release the DE runs right past him completely free. If he was looking he would know the ball has to come out quickly and be ready for it. QE throws it in the only place he can as quickly as he can. No help from teammate. Next play I am not sure what route Cain is running but the ball location has to go to his right shoulder or else possibly get picked by the safety. 

112:48 Bijan misses his responsibility and the LB comes completely untouched causing this rushed throw. QE had a shallow crosser but even that would've been tough to get there. This one was on Bijan. 

130:30 The three layer look that someone swore we didn't run. Blitzers comes completely untouched causing QE to have to try and sidearm something around him and hope Whit makes a play. 

132:02 Sanders misses a block. Man in face where QE would throw causes to have to throw around him. Errant throw. 

144:00 Just a complete lack of effort by worthy on the deep ball. Ball lands a little short and to the right of him by two yards. Go get the ball. 

222:55 Ball is high and Worthy is trotting and makes no effort to jump and high point it. 

234:30 Blitz and has to throw it away.

235:25 Ro runs a nice route but isn't expecting the ball which hits him right in the hands and he drops it

244:45  Watch Jones get put on his back causing QE to rush this throw. Even so he knows Worthy has his man over top so he throws it for him to come back to with plenty of air underneath it and as usual Worthy seems uninterested in making a play. 

Ewers was off but if you were paying attention a lot of it was because we were allowing OSU to speed him up/throw it too early, and in some instances he was trying to throw around a free blitzer. Some of you think Card was going to come in and make this stuff going on around him NOT happen. We know Card holds the ball longer than Ewers so he would've been sacked. Secondly, receivers weren't making an effort. Every ball isn't going to be perfectly in stride. Sometimes you have to make a tough catch and we simply didn't. We have to keep QE fairly clean and someone on the receiving corp not named J-Whit has to play with some effort and want to. 

Completely disagree. 

That video doesn't show the ref hugging Sanders in the pregame warmups. 

Might not have been a more important 'play' in that game.

That's a solid break down, though.

Definitely appreciate the time you spent putting that together so those who are interested don't need to sit through 4 hours of agony again.

• immamac changed the title to Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet