Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet

Coach pop a bitch

9 minutes ago, OU Sucks said:

He spelled "back" wrong, though. We're doomed.

2 minutes ago, Not a cat said:

I'm coming bulk?  Already inspiring teammates to hit the weight room.  That's a leader 

The word you're struggling over is "bank".

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Viper said:

yes basically this, which Bobby confirmed this afternoon. He said something like, you can't just film that in a day and have it ready tomorrow, but he did also say behind the scenes everyone knew he was coming back (and you can see coaches and players acting accordingly) so I guess they weren't in any great rush for the announcement. 

So why was he only 98% sure if "everyone" knew it. These "insiders" are so full of shit and hedge the fuck out of everything. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

he has matured so much from when he came here with that fat face, ugly beard, and mullet. i’m honestly more impressed with his growth than most any player i can think of, due to his stardom and exaltation from the time he was 16 years old. the kid who showed up looking like he didn’t take himself seriously has grown into a much more mature and professional young man. its one thing to grow like that when you’re an underrated, unappreciated 3*player from BFE, Texas, but its whole nother thing to work on yourself and improve that much when you’ve been put on a pedestal your entire life.

there’s 1,000 ryan perriloux’s for every one guy like Quinn. when he got here i did not think that QE had what it took to take himself seriously, and work his ass off as if he *wasn’t* the chosen one, but insyead a no-name guy who would have to bust his ass just to get PT, and he has summarily proved me wrong in that regard. i struggle to name another player in his position who’s shown the willingness to humble himself, work, and grow the way Quinn has. and because of this work, QE is now in a position to where he can truly achieve legendary status, both at Texas and in college football as a whole. really proud of him, and extremely excited to see the final product next season. Hook em Quinn! 🤘🏼 

I'm hopeful he can take that next step. if he can, next year could be magical. I'm hopeful he's gonna dig deep. Junior year national title run (expected from day 1) into the NFL is a lot more work than last year in high school through sophomore in college. You never know, but man he does make that next step and fucking a we might have ourselves another title.

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, troph said:

I'm hopeful he can take that next step. if he can, next year could be magical. I'm hopeful he's gonna dig deep. Junior year national title run (expected from day 1) into the NFL is a lot more work than last year in high school through sophomore in college. You never know, but man he does make that next step and fucking a we might have ourselves another title.

But what if we have to play DeBoer?!?!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

But what if we have to play DeBoer?!?!

He’d make one helluva Ron McKelvey. Pretty sure his joints can’t handle the contact tho. 

Edited by troph

Called it. Quinn returns, Manning a #2 who will get a ton of snaps next season. 

Plus Bama weakened. Maybe UT and it's woulda/shoulda now wise to the world coach plow thru SEC with one-two punch at QB, ranked in top five entire season, rolls into Playoffs and wins National Championship. Easy Capezy.

Can you say the new "America's Team"?

Edited by Irish Wrist Watch

10 hours ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

Called it. Quinn returns, Manning a #2 who will get a ton of snaps next season. 

Plus Bama weakened. Maybe UT and it's woulda/shoulda now wise to the world coach plow thru SEC with one-two punch at QB, ranked in top five entire season, rolls into Playoffs and wins National Championship. Easy Capezy.

Can you say the new "America's Team"?

We will never be America’s team. If all those things you mentioned come to fruition (which I believe they will), we will be despised by the entire country. But I’m here for it. Embrace the hate baby! 

• Like 1

Also, remember at the time when people made fun of Quinn for transferring from Ohio State? That he couldn't be that good if he couldn't beat out the competition in Columbus? Some guy named CJ Stroud just finished his redshirt freshman season as the starter. LOL. 

This is literally the best situation for Texas.

Arch doesn't get thrown out there until he's absolutely ready. He will probably get some playing time this year.

Sadly Maalik didn't pan out to start this year, he would've gotten beat out by Arch. 

Quinn grows into a man next year playing in the SEC. He's going to be badass and take his game to the next level. 

I think he just needs to get a little bigger and stronger and he will feel a bit safer in the pocket. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Quinn's dream was to play QB for the University of Texas. He quotes Lonesome Dove all the time. How could you not love this kid? 

The skills have always been there, the maturity took some time. He will be even better next year. 

Maturity took time? He’s 20.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Zeus said:

... I think he [Quinn] just needs to get a little bigger and stronger and he will feel a bit safer in the pocket. 

That, and Flood needs to school his OL on (legal) retaliation. Some DL or LB puts Quinn down, you flatten that motherfucker. Hard. Repeatedly.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

That, and Flood needs to school his OL on (legal) retaliation. Some DL or LB puts Quinn down, you flatten that motherfucker. Hard. Repeatedly.

I’m fine with illegal retaliation if somebody cheap shots our QB.  Dallas Turner should’ve left the game in an ambulance after that hit on Quinn.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Zeus said:

This is literally the best situation for Texas.

Arch doesn't get thrown out there until he's absolutely ready. He will probably get some playing time this year.

Sadly Maalik didn't pan out to start this year, he would've gotten beat out by Arch. 

Quinn grows into a man next year playing in the SEC. He's going to be badass and take his game to the next level. 

I think he just needs to get a little bigger and stronger and he will feel a bit safer in the pocket. 

Agreed 100% especially with your last part. If he can add 15-20lbs of muscle that would be ideal. 

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

He's not adding 20lbs of muscle.  He can add back 20lbs of fat he lost last offseason though.  Maybe get a Whataburger NIL deal going.

Listed at 6'2 195 lbs....he needs to get to about 205-210. He shredded the bad wait now he just needs to bulk up which would mean more calorie intake while working hard and keeping flexibility. 

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

He's not adding 20lbs of muscle.  He can add back 20lbs of fat he lost last offseason though.  Maybe get a Whataburger NIL deal going.

Then he’s going to have the same durability problems. He is far too slight.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, hobbes2702 said:

He seemed like he was better at avoiding contact after his injury this year. He needs to keep that up. Your Quarterback has got to be a tremendous coward when it comes to getting hit in this day and age. I mean unless it is the potential game winning drive in some big game or something and we need that extra yard.

2 hours ago, hobbes2702 said:

I'm just speaking to the point that Quinn isn't adding 20lbs of muscle this offseason, whether he needs to or not is not my point, it's that sans steroids it's not happening.  He can easily add 20lbs of weight though.

Just now, Gene Parmesan said:

I'm just speaking to the point that Quinn isn't adding 20lbs of muscle this offseason, whether he needs to or not is not my point, it's that sans steroids it's not happening.  He can easily add 20lbs of weight though.

It’s certainly not unheard of for a guy to add 20lbs in the offseason of mostly muscle. Shit Colt did it. And if he needs to get on the gear to do it then that’s what he should do. It’s not like he would be the only guy on the team on them.

6 hours ago, TexasPride10 said:

We will never be America’s team. If all those things you mentioned come to fruition (which I believe they will), we will be despised by the entire country. But I’m here for it. Embrace the hate baby! 

Well, I'm okay with the hate as well. Either way, but then again, a lot of people hate the Cowboys, so how did they become America's team?

They had some unique qualities that we might just see in UT as it rises from obscurity - starting with a couple of pretty cool QBs. Throw in a Heisman candidate RB (there'll be one), a great TE, a few beasts on the Defense - a team coming from one of the coolest cities in America, a mascot, colors, logos that just aren't the same old same old - and a team that retains some of the American flyover country aura... then comes the dynasty... and voila - America's Team II. There's probably a better name for it - that too is on the way. Put on your thinking caps.

Well, I'm okay with the hate as well. Either way, but then again, a lot of people hate the Cowboys, so how did they become America's team?

They had some unique qualities that we might just see in UT as it rises from obscurity - starting with a couple of pretty cool QBs. Throw in a Heisman candidate RB (there'll be one), a great TE, a few beasts on the Defense - a team coming from one of the coolest cities in America, a mascot, colors, logos that just aren't the same old same old - and a team that retains some of the American flyover country aura... then comes the dynasty... and voila - America's Team II. There's probably a better name for it - that too is on the way. Put on your thinking caps.

4 hours ago, Gene Parmesan said:

lets get 8# of muscle and 12# of toughness

• Hook 'Em 1