Maalik Murphy should starts wherever he transfers

Zeus

11 hours ago, Josef Pwag said:

He was okay and it could have been worse. Still, for a guy in his 2nd year in the program, it could have been better, in multiple ways.

I agree. If he'd been allowed to do more than mostly hand off the ball in mop up duty in a paltry few games prior to this, it likely would have been better. But since Texas has to struggle with all the opponents we should be mopping up the floor with, Maalik has had precious few snaps, and hardly any passing hitherto.

12 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

I didn’t have Robert Horrry as the most talented basketball player ever on my bingo card.  He wouldn’t make the top 500.  He hit clutch shots in big moments because he had more talented teammates who carried his ass to the big stage and gave him the opportunity to hit those shots.  

That's because the most talented baskeball player is actually Eddie Jones.  yall mustve forgot

first play is him leaving horry in the dust

Edited by 52-80
  • Haha 1

On 10/28/2023 at 10:28 PM, ztejas said:

E. Acho is a total loser douche clown that never achieved shit at Texas. He has no right to talk shit about anyone playing for a Texas team that's actually winning games. 

I am not a huge fan of Acho's on air personality, but he is 100% correct about this. That was Foster level bad

Edited by Codaxx

1 hour ago, Longboard Horn said:

I just watched this twice. I didn't see the impressive arm strength. Everything seemed to be a touch/finesse pass. Perhaps that is what every situation called for in this game. I don't know. One of his first completions was to Mitchell on a mid-level crossing route that was wide open because the LBs were frozen by play-action. How is a route & completion like this not available very frequently to either Mitchell or Sanders? What I am trying to say is I am worried about the K State game and until someone talks me down I might drink during work hours and and I could put my job in jeopardy and then I will have to sit at home and I'll drink more and eat into my savings and I'll be eating salisbury steak and if I am doing that while watching Texas in the Alamo Bowl again I could move on to hard drugs and God knows where that could lead and, quite frankly, you should be ashamed of yourself for allowing me to even get to a possible condition like this. 

• Haha 1
  • Drool 1

3 minutes ago, Josef Pwag said:

I just watched this twice. I didn't see the impressive arm strength. Everything seemed to be a touch/finesse pass. Perhaps that is what every situation called for in this game. I don't know. One of his first completions was to Mitchell on a mid-level crossing route that was wide open because the LBs were frozen by play-action. How is a route & completion like this not available very frequently to either Mitchell or Sanders? What I am trying to say is I am worried about the K State game and until someone talks me down I might drink during work hours and and I could put my job in jeopardy and then I will have to sit at home and I'll drink more and eat into my savings and I'll be eating salisbury steak and if I am doing that while watching Texas in the Alamo Bowl again I could move on to hard drugs and God knows where that could lead and, quite frankly, you should be ashamed of yourself for allowing me to even get to a possible condition like this. 

You are obviously new to Texas football

• Drool 1

8 minutes ago, Josef Pwag said:

You haven’t moved on to hard drugs yet during the past decade+ of shitty Texas Football?

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Josef Pwag said:

Most of this board thinks they'd do all those things, too.

21 minutes ago, Josef Pwag said:

I'm not your mother. You ain't my responsibility nor are you my problem. 

6 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

It been discussed ad nauseam, but this game people are putting drops on him that are just ridiculous. 

while there might've been only one official drop, I still expect an elite receiver to catch a deflected ball that hits him in both hands and catch a deep ball that bounces off his chest.  Worthy's big problem is he always lets the ball get to his chest, he is not a natural at using his hands to catch.  What separates him from the best of the best imo.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

Decent accuracy just a tad late at times which made some balls contested when they could have been uncontested. Leach said if they are accurate the rest can be fixed so his accuracy is a good thing. We have complained about Mitchell not very physical but he was on the TD catch. I guess he figured that if he was stopped at the one we would not get in.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, DanTheHorn said:

Decent accuracy just a tad late at times which made some balls contested when they could have been uncontested. Leach said if they are accurate the rest can be fixed so his accuracy is a good thing. We have complained about Mitchell not very physical but he was on the TD catch. I guess he figured that if he was stopped at the one we would not get in.

And he's right.  Our IOL are fucking creampuffs.  They make Colt's 09 oline look like road graders. 

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, gurt said:

while there might've been only one official drop, I still expect an elite receiver to catch a deflected ball that hits him in both hands and catch a deep ball that bounces off his chest.  Worthy's big problem is he always lets the ball get to his chest, he is not a natural at using his hands to catch.  What separates him from the best of the best imo.

Deep ball was batted away by the defender, it never hit his chest. IF you think a WR should catch a ball deflected that goes low and behind him on a slant, than you are going to be very disappointed. The guy has plenty of legitimate drops over his time at Texas, but trying to claim that was drop is utter nonsense. IF a different QB threw that, nobody would claim that was a drop 

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

Deep ball was batted away by the defender, it never hit his chest. IF you think a WR should catch a ball deflected that goes low and behind him on a slant, than you are going to be very disappointed. The guy has plenty of legitimate drops over his time at Texas, but trying to claim that was drop is utter nonsense. IF a different QB threw that, nobody would claim that was a drop 

The deep ball definitely hit Worthy in the chest and while a difficult catch it's one that I'd expect a WR with the NFL aspirations/talent that Worthy has to make.

Edited by elguapo
  • Hook 'Em 3

7 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

Seriously.  Worthy has 1 actual drop and this "drop" narrative from last year comes back up in defense of a first time starter, that shockingly, looked exactly like a first time starter.  I'm still waiting for someone to find drop stats on the year reflecting it's even remotely been an issue for X over the first 8 games.  

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, SubliminalHorn said:

You haven’t moved on to hard drugs yet during the past decade+ of shitty Texas Football?

Lol I saw Vince on 4th and 2, thought it would be the decade of dominance. 18 years later we are 3 years oxy, 3 years heroin, 2 years fentantyl, and 10 years of off and on sobriety. Thankfully we are a few years into the sobriety part but I think hit for the cycle. Anyone other 2005 roller coasters…..? Lol 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

It hit him in the chest no deflection. Difficult catch yes, is Worthy really good? Catch that shit. The slant behind I don’t fault him. The out on 3rd and 2? Gotta make a play for your team. Great players are supposed to make plays that aren’t easy. 

Edited by Texasborn91
  • Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, Skipper said:

Seriously.  Worthy has 1 actual drop and this "drop" narrative from last year comes back up in defense of a first time starter, that shockingly, looked exactly like a first time starter.  I'm still waiting for someone to find drop stats on the year reflecting it's even remotely been an issue for X over the first 8 games.  

It's bizarre. I was consistently hard on him last year and got a lot of "why whatever do you mean Red??". This year it's much improved and we've got people talking about benching him as "punishment". I don't get it. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Texasborn91 said:

It hit in the chest no deflection. Difficult catch yes, is Worthy really good? Catch that shit. The slant behind I don’t fault him. The out on 3rd and 2? Gotta make a play for your team. Great players are supposed to make plays that aren’t easy. 

If worthy isn’t secretly kadarius toney on Saturday’s….my mind will be blown. Act the same, drop the same, look similar, think they are JJ. 

1 minute ago, Texasborn91 said:

It hit in the chest no deflection. Difficult catch yes, is Worthy really good? Catch that shit. The slant behind I don’t fault him. The out on 3rd and 2? Gotta make a play for your team. Great players are supposed to make plays that aren’t easy. 

He had a drop.  It happens. It hasn't been a systemic issue this season.   Also, apparently most on this board fail to realize or comprehend what Worthy's elite skillset it.  He's never going to have hands like Roy Williams or, more recently, OBJ (i.e., massive hand size perfect for making 1 hand circus catches or winning contested balls).  That's not his game.

9 targets, 4 catches, 1 no call DPI. If Quinn fucking hits worthy in the chest everyone loses their mind but since it’s maalik it’s his fault and not worthy’s because he’s a shitty backup who can’t sniff Quinn’s farts. 

I said one fucking series and letting Cook get some action not benching him for a game. You act like worthy’s backup is some scrub nobody. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, elguapo said:

The deep ball definitely hit Worthy in the chest and while a difficult catch it's one that I'd expect a WR with the NFL aspirations/talent that Worthy has to make.

No. Ball was just a bit underthrown. The BYU player made a nice play and got a hold of the ball. You could critic Worthy for not high pointing the ball better, but I have seen enough of Worthy to know that is just wasted words. I am not sure why people think Worthy is ever going to be a 50/50 ball monster. He is a space guy.. 

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Texasborn91 said:

It hit him in the chest no deflection. Difficult catch yes, is Worthy really good? Catch that shit. The slant behind I don’t fault him. The out on 3rd and 2? Gotta make a play for your team. Great players are supposed to make plays that aren’t easy. 

image.png.86207fd1121beeff18d98b7ccc6319ba.png

You can see the ball hit off the defender there and never got to Worthy's body.. Its a nice play by the DB. 

Edited by Codaxx
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, immamac said:

9 targets, 4 catches, 1 no call DPI. If Quinn fucking hits worthy in the chest everyone loses their mind but since it’s maalik it’s his fault and not worthy’s because he’s a shitty backup who can’t sniff Quinn’s farts. 

I said one fucking series and letting Cook get some action not benching him for a game. You act like worthy’s backup is some scrub nobody. 

Uhhh wut, the majority of this board does not stick up for Quinn Ewers haha. I have seen a fuck ton of posters who wanted sark to bench him last year for card then bench him this year after the Oklahoma game. Malik is who everybody thought he would be, first start after not playing a whole lot the last few years. He can manage the game and we can win a lot. Worthy is definitely a problem for us because he isn’t a true #1 wr. If we didn’t have worthy thought we would be fucked so it is what it is at the end of the day. Take the good with the bad. You know better than anyone though that scrutiny and negativity is what surly does best lol. 

5 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

No. Ball was just a bit underthrown. The BYU player made a nice play and got a hold of the ball. You could critic Worthy for not high pointing the ball better, but I have seen enough of Worthy to know that is just wasted words. I am not sure why people think Worthy is ever going to be a 50/50 ball monster. He is a space guy.. 

The MM superfans in this thread are just going to find anything they can do to deflect from a performance that pretty much everyone expected from a first time starter.   It's bizarre to me that MM looking raw, making some poor decisions and generally being a significant step down running a limited offense compared to the starting QB is somehow a controversial take among some on this board yet here we are.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Texasborn91 said:

There's next to no way Worthy is making that catch. Marvin Harrison Jr. would have a hard time bringing that one in. Underthrown and the DB rakes it out as Worthy is trying to bring it in. 

Last year, he didn't even show that level of effort on those kind of balls. The only one I could "fault" him for is the 3rd and 2 play where he's being tugged on his break. It hit his fingers, so maybe he catches it with more extension, but it wasn't a bad drop.

16 minutes ago, immamac said:

I thought it was 1 drop 

8 minutes ago, Skipper said:

The MM superfans in this thread are just going to find anything they can do to deflect from a performance that pretty much everyone expected from a first time starter.   It's bizarre to me that MM looking raw, making some poor decisions and generally being a significant step down running a limited offense compared to the starting QB is somehow a controversial take among some on this board yet here we are.

People are straight up blaming a close game or even loss on Maalik already for kstate. Saying shit like "idk if maalik can win against them" he's gonna drag his nuts on their face. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Is there room for middle-of-the-road takes? I gots one for you, anyhow.

Murphy was not as good as I hoped he would be, but he also wasn't as bad as I feared he could be. 

All things considered, I'll give him a Pass, not a Fail.

He has to get better, if we're going to win out. Part of that's on him, and part of it's on the coaches and on his teammates. 

Hook'em.

Edited by Tex Long
fat fingers
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

image.png.86207fd1121beeff18d98b7ccc6319ba.png

You can see the ball hit off the defender there and never got to Worthy's body.. Its a nice play by the DB. 

You can't see shit from this grainy screenshot with your silly blue arrow. Go start the video at 7:15 and then get back to me.

https://x.com/NashTalksTexas/status/1718518325817295023?s=20

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

• immamac changed the title to Maalik Murphy should starts wherever he transfers