Texas opens as a 5 point favorite v Oklahoma

TexasMan

46 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

After getting anus raped the two years before giving Mack Brown a perfect 4 colon perforations from the dirt burglars this was the most unexpected game ever.  I literally went scuba diving that day and had my phone off.  My KSU buddy who was on the dive with me looked the score up on his phone and started laughing uncontrollably (he hates OU too).  At first I thought he was tormenting me and so I finally cracked and asked him how bad it was and he said "You lost by minus 16" then broke out laughing again.

i would enjoy losing by -16 on saturday and it's okay to say that because it's not a future fact due to dark matter math /parcells approved

11 minutes ago, TexasMan said:

Honestly, this coming from looch should make us all reevaluate any confidence we have.

Jokes aside, I do think there's some value at OU +9 or more, where it seems to have gone. Definitely if it gets to 10.5. There is way too much uncertainty in the RRS for a two-possession spread.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Honestly, this coming from looch should make us all reevaluate any confidence we have.

Jokes aside, I do think there's some value at OU +9 or more, where it seems to have gone. Definitely if it gets to 10.5. There is way too much uncertainty in the RRS for a two-possession spread.

sexy nicole scherzinger GIF

1 hour ago, tbone_ said:

If that staff believes that Gabriel has an iota of a chance to help them win, no amount of worry about public opinion will keep them from trotting him out. That culture doesn’t value that one bit.

If he’s too hurt to help they won’t play him. But I’m telling you, public opinion won’t factor in. The more they give the finger to public opinion the better in their minds.

I respect your opinion but I don't believe it will happen in these times. Back in the 60's, hell probably as recently as the 00's, I could absolutely see them rushing a guy back following a head injury, since we simply didn't know the severity of CTE issues. I just cannot see there being a chance of running him back out there this soon after that kind of hit. It's one thing to bend rules in recruiting or spy on opponents' practices or teach holding so much they can't call them all, etc. It's another to have zero morals when it comes to players doing bad shit off the field -- Mixon and Dvoracek and so on -- or flagrantly bending/breaking rules with regard to recruiting and/or paying players pre-NIL. And it's quite another to mess with a head injury less than one week after we saw what happened with Tua and the Dolphins. If this staff gets a rep for sending somebody like Gabriel back out in a situation like this, it could be a death knell to their recruiting down the road. Hell, they've already got a built-in excuse for getting fuckstomped this weekend (as if we ever do that to them).

BTW, my wife is a Clemson grad and I've therefore become a big fan of that program and liked Venables for his work there. If Gabriel plays this weekend, I will rightfully call Venables an absolute horrid piece of shit if he takes even a single snap under center this Saturday.

• Hook 'Em 2

1) DG isn’t playing no way in hell if he plays. Futureman will fist CTJs ass

2) ewers starts. My concern is rust and tentativeness.  He was getting into the game speed feel and groove with Bama now 3 weeks of no action I worry about a slow start 

3) fuckOU and fuck their players fuck their staff fuck their record label as a mother fucking crew and if you wanna be down with BlowU then fuck you too

• Hook 'Em 3

10 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

My concern is rust and tentativeness.  He was getting into the game speed feel and groove with Bama now 3 weeks of no action I worry about a slow start

The question is would you rather have a rusty Ewers who might take a few series to get back into rhythm, or Card, who has shown some improvements the last two games but is still much more limited in what he can do in Sark's offense?

22 minutes ago, Texasrocks said:

Getting run out of OU was my favorite thing about Venables. 

Don't get me wrong. I didn't think it was the best hire OU could make, certainly not as a replacement for Riley. I just don't think he's a good, long-term fit there.

10 minutes ago, South Austin said:

The question is would you rather have a rusty Ewers who might take a few series to get back into rhythm, or Card, who has shown some improvements the last two games but is still much more limited in what he can do in Sark's offense?

Ewers.

Card has done what a good back up should, keep the offense rolling as best he can and hope the D keeps you in it. Now that the starter is ready, you let him take the reins back over. If he looks rusty or isn't in game shape, you let the backup QB do his job again.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Well, we now know what Sark’s answer is to that question. I’m gonna go with his answer as well.

Besides, I feel better about Card coming off the bench if Ewers begins to have any soreness, etc. than I did two weeks ago. I think Ewers will be fine though.

Edited by Wishbone
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Sbbruin said:

I'm sure this has been addressed, but when was the last time this matchup had neither team ranked?

As others have said, 1998. And I think the last time prior to that was the period from 1965-1968.

59 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

And also the fact that we RARELY blow them out in this game.

8 minutes ago, Droopy said:

Ewers.

Card has done what a good back up should, keep the offense rolling as best he can and hope the D keeps you in it. Now that the starter is ready, you let him take the reins back over. If he looks rusty or isn't in game shape, you let the backup QB do his job again.

Ewers, Ewers, Ewers

8 minutes ago, Wishbone said:

Well, we now know what Sark’s answer is to that question. I’m gonna go with his answer as well.

Besides, I feel better about Card coming off the bench if Ewers begins to have any soreness, etc. than I did two weeks ago. I think Ewers will be fine though.

Considering OU's run defense, I hope we don't have to stress his shoulder too much while Bijan and Rojo gash them to death. 

• Hook 'Em 1

35 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Obviously something about your mom and the rusty trombone.  

but yeah ewers all day 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Sgt Hulk said:

2) ewers starts. My concern is rust and tentativeness.  He was getting into the game speed feel and groove with Bama now 3 weeks of no action I worry about a slow start 

3) fuckOU and fuck their players fuck their staff fuck their record label as a mother fucking crew and if you wanna be down with BlowU then fuck you too

Rust may be him missing rhout first deep ball. The the shirt and intermediate throws ( like the wheel routes to Roschon) will be on the money early. I think people have a hard time comprehending just how gifted of a passer Ewers is. Dudes like him don’t flinch a whole lot. 

Line jumped to 9.5 even though the possibility he would play was already baked in at 6.5, and this is after Card has looked competent. Line is scared of the 10 point crossover but we will see if it crosses tonight. 

What I'm saying is that one player potentially being worth 11 points has been proven. It's math. Fight me. 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

one word....

FUCKERY

4.jpg

I don't know why but the instant I saw that pic, I thought of "Bulldog" from the Frasier TV show from almost 20 years ago.

7l1z0ftjtsy31.jpg?auto=webp&s=ee73fe00dec5966b8dad43f3d3bec6d49ce92322

And not that anyone here cares, but it looks like the show is being rebooted this year.

https://celebrity.nine.com.au/tv/frasier-cast-then-now/28ba347e-c272-4c41-b08e-1516518fa750#9

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Drake Stoopso XL, fuck you too. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, ztejas said:

Line shouldn't move much at all. Ewers potentially playing is already priced in. And Card has played well two weeks in a row anyway. 

If you think Card played well against Tech, then I’m not sure you know the meaning of the word. He was average at best. And the only time he’s looked good is at home against a god awful secondary wher he still managed to miss some absolute gimmes and was gifted a pick turned into a 50 yard TD. 

2 hours ago, ztejas said:

Yeah it's gone from -7 to -9 on ESPN. I didn't think it would jump by any more than 2 points. We shall see.

That’s because you overrate Card. There is still a massive difference between Ewers and Card. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gmr548 said:

Can’t wait for this to be a very dumb post by Saturday evening. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1