What's your Fake Wonderlic score?

52-80

Had to take one of these for an employment opportunity about 15 years ago. I can see how it's slanted heavily towards white American culture. If you aren't very familiar with that and not good at math I can see how an otherwise fairly intelligent person can score low. 

3 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Had to take one of these for an employment opportunity about 15 years ago. I can see how it's slanted heavily towards white American culture. If you aren't very familiar with that and not good at math I can see how an otherwise fairly intelligent person can score low. 

Agreed.  It's basically a math test.  No questions about properly smoking a brisket or adjusting a carburetor.

7 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

There was only 1 question that was historical, and another that might have been culturally-biased.

The few remaining ones with cultural references (like a date/event), it was merely used to distract from the underlying logic/math question.

Pretty sure one of the reasons it is widely used is because it's highly culturally neutral.  I had to take the konger version of one for a job once before.

I scored 48.  I missed one of the match ones and one of the sales tax ones.  It's early and I can't read.

Just missed Fitzy's score. Missed two of the folding questions because I was worried about time so didn't really spend time on them, and one of the pairs of exact matches. I missed a period. 

Below are your test results:

Your score is 47 / 50

The average score is 61%

Edited by Juicy
  • Hook 'Em 1

And I could argue for 48.  The question about which one doesn't belong: river, lake, ocean, pool can be answered two ways.  They said "pool" is the answer, but there are naturally occurring pools, which to me makes "ocean" the better answer since it is the only saltwater option.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

Eleventy two.

The folding shape (exc. one that was a cube) got me before I've had my coffee today. Otherwise pretty simple. Got a 43.

It's largely a mental math test. Feels like that has limited applicability to football in general. Maybe you can say it tests mental processing for positions like QB, safety, etc. But beyond that it seems worthless. 

15 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Eleventy two.

The folding shape (exc. one that was a cube) got me before I've had my coffee today. Otherwise pretty simple. Got a 43.

It's largely a mental math test. Feels like that has limited applicability to football in general. Maybe you can say it tests mental processing for positions like QB, safety, etc. But beyond that it seems worthless. 

It also helps determine the ability to process under pressure. Remove the time limit and it's just a math/logic test.

With practice these become pretty easy so it also shows who actually worked at it

22 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

And I could argue for 48.  The question about which one doesn't belong: river, lake, ocean, pool can be answered two ways.  They said "pool" is the answer, but there are naturally occurring pools, which to me makes "ocean" the better answer since it is the only saltwater option.

image.png.71474e45cd5355eabce2e5d249788c02.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

43. Completed 47 questions.  Would have gotten the last 3, needed about 15 more seconds. 

missed a match count, and fucked up a couple of arithmetic questions trying to go too fast. 

So you're saying you'd panic in the pocket? 

Would not draft.

36 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Why not river, because the other 3 could be argued as not free flowing? What about pool because it’s the only one small in scale? Or ocean because it’s salt water…

Bad question with a variety of interpretations 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Um, aren't there saltwater lakes?

• Hook 'Em 1

I had to take it a long time ago for a job.  Got a 49.  The key is to answer quickly.  If you’re the sort of person who likes to take some time considering whether or not there are saltwater lakes or pools, you won’t finish.  

Sort of like Hudson Card in the pocket. “Should I throw it here, nah maybe there but then maybe here, oh and then there is way over there to consider”

Time’s up.
  • Like 1

47 I think I had like 4 minutes to spare. 

I disagree that this question can only be interpreted one way, though. 

Screenshot_20221004-093549.thumb.png.552441eb9f8e6767cb8acbe64f154c07.png

Are they saying sweet tea is the only thing that she drinks in the summer, or summer is the only time that she drinks sweet tea? 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Are they saying sweet tea is the only thing that she drinks in the summer, or summer is the only time that she drinks sweet tea? 

D.  Marcia is a bitch who makes poor beverage choices.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I think the answer is no.  My interpretation is that in the summer, the only thing Marcia drinks is sweet tea, but at other times of year she drinks other stuff as well, and could possibly drink sweet tea.  Just because she is drinking sweet tea, does not mean it is summer.  For that to be true, the statement would have been worded, "Marcia drinks sweet tea only in the summer."

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

No, it says she only drinks sweet tea in summer, not she drinks only sweet tea in summer. So if she’s drinking sweet tea, it is summer. 

Is that how that works grammatically? Genuinely asking. It isn't how people speak (or even write, for the most part). 

I mean if that's technically the right way to interpret it then I get it but it isn't supposed to be an English exam.

You're right - I just had to think about it longer. Still a bullshit question for the purpose of that test. 

Edited by ztejas

2 hours ago, Laxtonto said:

Why not river, because the other 3 could be argued as not free flowing? What about pool because it’s the only one small in scale? Or ocean because it’s salt water…

Bad question with a variety of interpretations 

Agree bad question.  I debated between river and pool and picked river.  Also missed one of the how many of these pairs are exactly alike due to rushing through it I guess.  48, ~3 minutes left.

Edited by WBT

3 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Is that how that works grammatically? Genuinely asking. It isn't how people speak. 

I mean if that's technically the right way to interpret it then I get it but it isn't supposed to be an English exam. 

I interpreted it the way that it must be summer but you've convinced me that either reading could be correct.  Make it 2 bad questions.

23 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

No, it says she only drinks sweet tea in summer, not she drinks only sweet tea in summer. So if she’s drinking sweet tea, it is summer. 

In the winter she drinks sweet tea and Pepsi.

It's uncertain.

Edited by slorch

3 hours ago, TexArcher said:

hey said "pool" is the answer, but there are naturally occurring pools, which to me makes "ocean" the better answer since it is the only saltwater option.

Great Salt Lake

The Great Salt Lake is the largest saltwater lake in the Western Hemisphere[3] and the eighth-largest terminal lake in the world.[4

44 minutes ago, WBT said:

Marcia drinks only sweet tea in the summer is certain.

Marcia drinks sweet tea only in the summer (or in the summer only) is certain.

Marcia only drinks sweet tea in the summer in uncertain.

I agree with this. I got the question correct but the specific word order they used could have different meanings depending on which words are emphasized in speech or even in writing. 

Marcia only drinks sweet tea in the summer

Hell, it could even have a different meaning if kinky Marcia bathes in sweet tea during the other seasons. 

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Haha 1