You run over my 9 year old, I run over you!

markstanco

Florida is Floriding.

https://weartv.com/news/local/report-pensacola-man-puts-on-helmet-charges-into-9-year-old-at-youth-football-practice

Pensacola man puts on helmet, charges into 9-year-old at youth football practice

by Kai Davis

Thursday, October 6th 2022
UserWay icon for accessibility widget
Escambia County Jail View
Escambia County Jail View
Facebook Share IconTwitter Share IconEmail Share Icon

ESCAMBIA COUNTY, Fla. -- A Pensacola man was arrested last Thursday after putting on a helmet at a little league football practice and charging into a 9-year-old player, according to an arrest report.

David Taylor, 41, is charged with cruelty towards a child and disorderly conduct.

The incident happened on Sept. 20.

According to the arrest report, Taylor was seen by Escambia County deputies arguing with coaching staff at a little league football practice being held at the Longleaf Elementary School football field.

The report states coaches told deputies the argument began after Taylor witnessed his son get overpowered during a 1-on-1 tackling scrimmage by another 9-year-old player.

According to the report, Taylor took his son's helmet and placed it on his head. He then got into a "football kneeling stance" in front of the other 9-year-old and charged head first into his chest.

The report states Taylor then grabbed the 9-year-old by the arms and pushed him several feet.

Coaches intervened and began to argue with Taylor, according to the arrest report.

After deputies spoke with witnesses, the sheriff's office issued a warrant for his arrest.

Taylor was arrested last Thursday and booked into Escambia County Jail. He was released the same day on $30,000 bond.

This happened several years ago to a friend of mines kid. 9 or 10 years old. His son was continually beating a kid in football. Finally the dad of the kid getting beat ran on to the practice field and grabbed my friends kid and pulled him off a pile to toss him off his kid, threatening him. The only reason he didn't beat the guy because he was a prison guard and was afraid it would somehow be used against him and he would lose his job. I had another friend whose son played 6th grade flag football. One of the parents didn't like the calls and came out of the stands and attacked a referee. Unfortunately for him the referee was a DPS trooper. Sports parents are nuts. And little league baseball and softball parents are even worse.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3
  • Rage+1 1

This is what happens when there is no real GOT. Just kidding. WTF? I’m not surprised. Let me guess: divorced or separated from mom bc (various reasons) and can’t wait to show what a man he is by bullying a nine year old. Feel bad for his kid but odds are that kid turns out just like him. I hope not because that’s sad. 

• Hook 'Em 2

7 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

How did he get a child’s helmet to fit on his adult head?

And the idiots name is Chris Bosh.  Well known tiny-headed athlete.  (But a pretty damn good basketball player).

Also, based upon the offender's pic, no way that helmet fit over the radar dish ears he has.

10 hours ago, Crapinon said:

Sports parents are nuts. And little league baseball and softball parents are even worse.  

Huh. I have had my kids in little league baseball for seven years and no parents have put on a helmet and run on to the field to head butt the other players yet. Or really done much of anything. I always consider it a plus if they actually stay to watch the game.

2 hours ago, Post Oak said:

9 year olds playing tackle football.  SMH

Pop Warner is tackle, right? That has been around forever.

1 hour ago, conVINCEd said:

I officiated youth sports in the 90’s.  There is no story that could be posted that I would find unbelievable.

I coached little league baseball in high school, high school football in college, and YMCA soccer when my daughters got old enough. And my youngest tried softball for a while. There were unbelievable levels of rude, threatening and obnoxious behavior from parents at every level.