When you QB has a hurt throwing hand you MAKE A FUCKING CHANGE

4th and 5

I just don't understand it.  Everything Quinn threw more than about 7 yards down the field popped up into the air.  Even if we hadn't heard about the glove during warmups, we all would've questioned if he had a grip issue.  It was fucking obvious.

This is inexplicable.  But I want a fucking explanation anyway.  

Just now, Vic Mackey said:

Not even a change but how about mixing in some more runs? I don't care if you barely gain any yards on some runs. Keep pounding it. Ewers was fucking trash yet we kept at it with the pass. But that's Sark for you. 

But that would cut into the quota of the wildly errant lobs that the receivers can't or refuse to adjust to. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Probably the most indefensible coaching decision I can remember from a Texas coach. Ewers should have been pulled 3-4 series earlier. 

completely agree. Card is tested and has shown he can make plays off schedule and step up in the pocket. Ewers just flat out refused to step up in the pocket. He did his drop, planted his back leg, and just paused/panicked and airmailed em. When you see that you have a QB that can only make the right throw on the perfect play call. mixed in with 3 fish on the line and you should calculate that you need a QB that can make plays with his feet a bit more, step up, go to 2nd and 3rd reads, all of which Ewers failed at like 35 times today. 

awful corching

8 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

Clemson was down and Dabo realized a "pinch hitter" was needed and they won the game. He made it very clear after this wasn't a change, but sometimes you just need a different look. That's the difference between a coach who wins championships and one who wins 7 games

Clemson pulled their QB because DJ Uiwhatever is fucking garbage but Dabo is too stubborn to bench him permanently

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

I just don't understand it.  Everything Quinn threw more than about 7 yards down the field popped up into the air.  Even if we hadn't heard about the glove during warmups, we all would've questioned if he had a grip issue.  It was fucking obvious.

This is inexplicable.  But I want a fucking explanation anyway.  

Why the fuck was QE in a glove in the first place? What dumbass mistake did that multi-millionaire "freshman" make to put him in a goddamn glove? Sumbitch needs to get fucking serious about playing football or find a juco to dwell in..

1 hour ago, Longboard Horn said:

Should have ran some wildcat with RoJo and put Card in. Card at least would have taken off and ran for a few first downs. Quinn's problem is he tries to make a big play instead of picking up a easy first down and wear down the rock. Similar to Sam Ehlinger(mainly his freshman year).

Yea let’s do that again

• Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

56 minutes ago, Longboard Horn said:

Should have ran some wildcat with RoJo and put Card in. Card at least would have taken off and ran for a few first downs. Quinn's problem is he tries to make a big play instead of picking up a easy first down and wear down the rock. Similar to Sam Ehlinger(mainly his freshman year).

The same wildcat everyone was saying two weeks ago if they ever see it again, Sark should be fired?

I think a change might have been in order, but the next time Card goes out and wins us a game will be the first.  He's very limited.  He's lost the starting job now twice.

That's not an easy decision, especially when you factor in the psyche of the allegedly all-worlder you have to rely on.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

Going to be unpopular, but Quinn threw the ball well the last 2 drives. I don’t think the struggling was due to an injury 

I'm fairly sure, but could be wrong, that Worthy was not on the field, and forced him to make some different reads, including shorter or straighter passes.  Billingsley, Sanders, Milton (vicinity), the freshman Thompson.

The Worthy connection wasn't there, but Ewers kept going back to it.  And it was probably both their fault, but the only way to stop it, seemingly, was to take Worthy out of the picture.

18 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Yea let’s do that again

18 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

The same wildcat everyone was saying two weeks ago if they ever see it again, Sark should be fired?

I think a change might have been in order, but the next time Card goes out and wins us a game will be the first.  He's very limited.  He's lost the starting job now twice.

That's not an easy decision, especially when you factor in the psyche of the allegedly all-worlder you have to rely on.

Not every play, but definitely on those short 3rd downs

19 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Ewers was terrible today but even beyond the air mailing must have counted 12 throws where the receivers turned the wrong way looking for the ball. And then a couple times the receiver flat slipped or fell down.

This. I don’t know what it was, but it looked the receivers and Ewers were playing their first day in a new offense today. Just seemed to be a mass confusion in the passing game. 

4 hours ago, Mo Horn said:

Clemson was down and Dabo realized a "pinch hitter" was needed and they won the game. He made it very clear after this wasn't a change, but sometimes you just need a different look. That's the difference between a coach who wins championships and one who wins 7 games

Seven games?  We sure?