Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi

The Ace of Aces

3 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

What a fucking ridiculous comment. Moron.

So having an LLC owned Property doesn’t give tax benefits?   He is probably playing some game where he rents it out a certain number of days to a buddy for tax benefits.  Had a CPA I shit canned a few years ago recommend a similar practice to me for a secondary property.

bet he is using his homestead exempt out in the hill country.  

• Fuck You 5

2 minutes ago, harpercollins said:

That is absolutely defending him. Unless you have firsthand information on what happened last night, it is a horrific take. One's response is ALWAYS one's responsibility.

No, it's not defending him...not at all.

You can feel sorry for someone and not defend their actions.  You can empathize with what a person is going through and still say that what they did was 100% wrong.  Sympathy is not dismissal.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, FORTY NINE TO ZERO said:

So having an LLC owned Property doesn’t give tax benefits?   He is probably playing some game where he rents it out a certain number of days to a buddy for tax benefits.  Had a CPA I shit canned a few years ago recommend a similar practice to me for a secondary property.

We're the #1 accounting school in the country, someone on this board must know. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, FORTY NINE TO ZERO said:

People sometimes put their own homes under an LLC for protection against lawsuits.

41951d84066dbd52aa40ed3392dee843.gif
  • Haha 3
  • Drool 1

Hiring Perry Minton says Beard ain't fucking around (which is the smart move).  But anything short of an exoneration/clarity that it was all a big misunderstanding isn't likely to be enough for UT.  Nor should it.
Perry is good people, and a UT law classmate of mine. It says something to me that he took the case. Let's see how plays out, but agreed that it's hard to see Brard continuing if he's not exonerated.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Uncle Nate said:

No, it's not defending him...not at all.

You can feel sorry for someone and not defend their actions.  You can empathize with what a person is going through and still say that what they did was 100% wrong.  Sympathy is not dismissal.

You absolutely can feel sorry for someone and not defend their actions. But that's not what you did. You said you felt sorry that his career and reputation would be destroyed by a crazy woman.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I would just caution all of the shrill voices calling for a firing or assuming he’s definitely guilty to step back for a moment. I saw a dude’s life almost ruined by a woman who flat out lied about an assault. How would you like it if some crazy girlfriend, who previously showed no signs of craziness, destroyed your career in 24 hours? 

This isn't about his legal problems. I don't care if he didn't do anything legally wrong. Either he is a felonious choker or he makes lifestyle choices that aren't tolerable for his position. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 2

17 minutes ago, ATXbronco said:

Is a protective order standard procedure or did she have to request it to be implemented?

Speaking out of my ass here but I had a cousin in a bad relationship earlier this year and her dude went to jail for beating her up. She was worried he would get out in the morning but the cops said any family violence is another 24-48 hours depending on the judge a cool down period is what she called it. Didn't help any they are back together now. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

I don’t really understand when people put their actual residence in an LLC.  You get less tax breaks and less liability protection in Texas than if you claim it as your homestead (which last I checked I’m pretty certain you can’t put it in an LLC and still qualify for homestead exemptions).   The best I can come up with is people do it to obscure where they live (since appraisal district records are all creepily searchable online now).  But even that can be pierced pretty quickly, as evidenced above.

7 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

Almost certainly largely to protect anonymity to some extent, yeah. You can get the homestead exemption if it’s in a trust, which would also obfuscate the owner, but that’s obviously a different animal. 

it's precisely to anonymize the owner...though it was done very poorly in this instance based on naming convention.

that said, i was only able to determine it quickly because of the hearing...the magistrate specifically stated the address he was required to stay 200+ yards away from.  i was curious if she owned it or him since i know the neighborhood well so i looked it up and saw the llc was the owner.  at first, i thought it might be something that some ut hoops boosters set up or something but a quick review of the sec of state showed it was all him.  so i reached the conclusion that he is legally forbidden to go to his own house.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

It’s appropriate to suspend him, if not today certainly very soon, to determine if conditions warrant a firing or other suspension. 

I would just caution all of the shrill voices calling for a firing or assuming he’s definitely guilty to step back for a moment. I saw a dude’s life almost ruined by a woman who flat out lied about an assault. How would you like it if some crazy girlfriend, who previously showed no signs of craziness, destroyed your career in 24 hours? 

A little time is needed to ensure the proper legal steps are followed by the University, that they get what facts they can, and then make the right determination of what to do.

A smart man wouldn't have taken the crazy girlfriend to Austin with him.  This is all a mess of his own making.  His best case is that he has horrible judgement.

Edited by kevwun
  • Hook 'Em 5

Just now, harpercollins said:

You absolutely can feel sorry for someone and not defend their actions. But that's not what you did. You said you felt sorry that his career and reputation would be destroyed by a crazy woman.

I guess I'm too dumb to understand the distinction you are making.

I feel bad for Beard.  I feel bad that his passion and the moment got the best of him and his life is pretty much ruined right now.  His life, his career, his reputation, his family.  It's mostly all shot (except maybe for the family).  

That does not make me some defender of wife beaters.  Makes me a human who can feel empathy for other humans.  And as someone who also was once engaged to a crazy female from the outskirts of Lubbock, let me just verify right now that there is something in the well water out there that can make some of the women out there a whole new level of crazy.

• Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Maybe we will start getting some info from UT on what they’ll do here pretty soon.

UT isn't saying a damn thing beyond "we are looking into it." Silence is golden. In two years you want the headlines to be "Beard seeking redemption in new job," and not "testimony begins in wrongful termination/defamation suit against UT."

13 minutes ago, MIkeHoncho said:

Why you gotta bring Jimbo's ex into this?

How thrilled would the aggies be had Jimbo done something like this and handed them a termination for cause for that albatross of a contract? 

Edited by Saint Tacky
typo
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, FORTY NINE TO ZERO said:

I am guessing he didn't want his name to appear on the title for the purposes of anonymity, but then again, I try not to talk out of my ass.

Just now, Uncle Nate said:

I guess I'm too dumb to understand the distinction you are making.

I feel bad for Beard.  I feel bad that his passion and the moment got the best of him and his life is pretty much ruined right now.  His life, his career, his reputation, his family.  It's mostly all shot (except maybe for the family).  

That does not make me some defender of wife beaters.  Makes me a human who can feel empathy for other humans.  And as someone who also was once engaged to a crazy female from the outskirts of Lubbock, let me just verify right now that there is something in the well water out there that can make some of the women out there a whole new level of crazy.

every woman is a 6 pack away from crazy....and Bi.....the 2nd one makes it worth dealing with the first.

• Haha 3

41 minutes ago, justhookit said:

Man that is going to be a weird atmosphere at the game tonight. Enjoy Moody it’s an amazing arena. I used Uber and it worked well so no help on parking.

Rice likely making inquiries now to Texas AD as to whether there are enough seats remaining at Moody to bring the MOB.

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 2

3 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Setting aside the current uncertainty of the situation, if he does get fired, it’s the biggest blow to Texas Basketball in history - by a mile. I don’t think some people realize how positive an upward trajectory the program was on.

Mike Wacker knee injury is somewhat close to disagreeing, at least on a one-season basis.

• Rage+1 4

4 minutes ago, Saint Tacky said:

UT isn't saying a damn thing beyond "we are looking into it." Silence is golden. In two years you want the headlines to be "Beard seeking redemption in new job," and not "testimony begins in wrongful termination/defamation suit against UT."

Wrongful termination? Have you even been paying attention? UT has every right to fire him at this very second if they wanted just per the language in his contract

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Setting aside the current uncertainty of the situation, if he does get fired, it’s the biggest blow to Texas Basketball in history - by a mile. 

1 minute ago, Native Horn said:

Mike Wacker knee injury is somewhat close to disagreeing, at least on a one-season basis.

Exactly what came to mind first. That was a gut punch. 

11 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Setting aside the current uncertainty of the situation, if he does get fired, it’s the biggest blow to Texas Basketball in history - by a mile. I don’t think some people realize how positive an upward trajectory the program was on.

I have been on cloud nine his whole tenure up to now. I loved the whole idea of Chris Beard, a UT grad and an elite coach who really loves Austin and Texas. Him showing up at the Baseball game was a thrill (if Sark wants my unwavering support he can make an appearance or two next year). And I loved last year's team and I was so hyped for this season. I love the Moody Center and had such an amazing time taking my son to see the Horns play last Saturday. I was certain we were about to embark on an era of glory with multiple Final Four appearances and conference titles and maybe even a national title. And yeah it feels like we went from heaven to hell in a blink of an eye. 

I am so pissed off man. What a fucking terrible thing.

The Garrido DWI is the last time I can recall something even remotely like this and at least in that situation nobody allegedly got hurt. 

Edited by Valmy77
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

• immamac changed the title to Huge Piece of Shit and Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi
  • immamac changed the title to Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi