RGIII Uses Racial Slur Live On Air

Vic Mackey

1 hour ago, 'stache said:

I went to high school in the mean streets of a poor Tulsa suburb, so I think I’ve heard them all, and I think most people knew what they meant. The only one I learned later in life was the racist term for Brazilian nuts, but I think only really old people used that one. There are also stories like this where the kids don’t know but the grown ups do and never correct it, because they are okay with it or indifferent. 

We called each other that in school in junior high, mostly on the football team. I have wondered if any teachers/coaches overheard and if so if they knew what it meant. 

I literally laughed hard at this suspiciousness.

This is RG3 doing what RG3 does. He tries too hard.

In this case, he tried too hard to come up with a term other than doubters, haters, dissenters, whiners, whatever... And he landed on jiggaboos.

I hate it for him, but it's him doing him.

He entertains me from time to time. He's definitely whack as fuck, which I find humorous.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, Slacks said:

So, now I can't stop thinking about what he might have been trying too hard to come up with...

If I think about cornball hard enough, I land on nincompoops.

I'm tempted to troll Twitter and say that's what he was trying to say...

Maybe he was thinking about women's basketball team names. Jiggaboo slipped here too 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Helobious said:

He’s good at talking X’s & O’s and explaining a play. It’s everything else that makes him tough to listen to. Tries way too hard to be funny. 

Agreed. If you have to try that hard to be funny, it will come off as cringe and corny. If he scales that back, he is just fine. He knows the game and what he is seeing. 

• Hook 'Em 1

23 hours ago, PvilleStang said:

Horse crap. The word is in his vocabulary.  It's like trying to defend someone who drops the N bomb.  They might not meant to have said it, but it's in their vocabulary...

@Felix guess you negged because you enjoy dropping racial slurs?  Or is it because your phone keeps autocorrecting nagger to something else?

Edited by PvilleStang
  • Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, Helobious said:

He’s good at talking X’s & O’s and explaining a play. It’s everything else that makes him tough to listen to. Tries way too hard to be funny. 

Pretty much. Griffin's a good analyst when he doesn't go off the rails simply for the sake of going off the rails. The schtick becomes just that, and that's why he and Mark Jones are made for each other on a broadcast. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Pretty much. Griffin's a good analyst when he doesn't go off the rails simply for the sake of going off the rails. The schtick becomes just that, and that's why he and Mark Jones are made for each other on a broadcast. 
Before he got with Jones he was pretty good. Since hooking up with that 51st stater, it's become who can be corniest on air.

If you are old enough to remember these guys, that's who they remind me of.8920cd39c94163c37dde4286714d4603.jpg
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

34 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

I guess I can agree, it’s when he tries to get “intense” like Gus Johnson that it sounds super fake like he’s trying way to hard to emulate something that isn’t his natural style.

• Hook 'Em 1

In this case, he tried too hard to come up with a term other than doubters, haters, dissenters, whiners, whatever... And he landed on jiggaboos.
He entertains me from time to time. He's definitely whack as fuck, which I find humorous.

This is exactly what I thought when I saw the tweet. Dude was trying to speak off the cuff, went through the mental rolodex of terms to use other than more appropriate terms, and landed on what he did by the time he got to that part of the sentence.

I certainly don't think it was intentional, but putting it in this context it is funny.
  • Like 1

Reading thru this thread I'm surprised how many of you older posters from the south had never heard or heard of that word. Shit my granny and uncle would say it all the time. 

Won't be surprised if RG3 gets fired, but also I wouldn't be surprised if they give him a warning and nothing else happens. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TejasPedro said:

It was a simple mistake. Words are hard. He was trying his best. Let’s try and give him some credit. Not too bad for a sphere chunker turned broadcaster. 

48 minutes ago, PantsTent said:

Sphere:

Sphere wireframe 10deg 6r.svg

Spheroid chunker would be the correct term.

I'm well spoken, so respect my decision.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Zeus said:

Maybe he was thinking about women's basketball team names. Jiggaboo slipped here too 

Nah...  that was straight up where they were taking that conversation... he wanted to say, "Damn, they had some hood ass lookin bitches..." so he tapped his brakes... and still ran into someone.

3 hours ago, Wally Pryor said:

Jones is too concerned trying to act 30 when his birth certificate says he's 60.

33 minutes ago, HornsOverIthaca said:

So he'd fit in great here?

60s the new 30.

• Haha 1

On 12/13/2022 at 12:41 PM, Al_4_ISU said:

I'm kinda surprised you guys hate RGIII as a media personality.  During the ISU/Texas game he acted like he'd been a lifelong Horn just reveling in the greatness and prestige of your various traditions.  I get that what's guys doing his job do, but given the disdain between UT and BU it was jarring.

If I were a Baylor fan/alum (barf) I'd have been apoplectic.

I don’t hate him.  And I really don’t give a shit if he talks about Bevo or UT football history.  I think he’s a good announcer of football games.  The more he talks about the game and less about other bullshit the better, though. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

Reading thru this thread I'm surprised how many of you older posters from the south had never heard or heard of that word. Shit my granny and uncle would say it all the time. 

Won't be surprised if RG3 gets fired, but also I wouldn't be surprised if they give him a warning and nothing else happens. 

He's not going to get fired.  We're just laughing at him for a stupid screwup.

• Hook 'Em 1

Wait, “whack” is back?

Groovy.

21 hours ago, Slacks said:

Yup. He’s been told he’s not hood enough so many times (I’m so many ways) that it causes him to try too hard. Shit like this is what happens when you keep doing that at his age instead of just being yourself.

• Like 2

You guys are trying too hard. The majority of people try too hard on ESPN. RG3 is on ESPN. What RG3 said happens when you try too hard. 

You can take normal people, put them on ESPN, and the majority will try too hard to be interesting or stand out. Look at the Achos for example.

They're just trying to stand out and gain influence/get paid as a result

Edited by Atticus
  • Like 1

On 12/13/2022 at 10:55 AM, Vic Mackey said:

That term is a racist term whether you have heard it or not. Being oblivious to a racist term doesn't make any difference. It's been phased out in most vocabs but the meaning didn't go away. I honestly didn't know there was that many people who didn't know about this word. It went viral as soon as he said it. 

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=jigga boo

Yeah it’s a common derogatory term. I’m 44. Heard it my whole life - except I haven’t heard any direct name calling in probably 10 years?  Maybe longer. But it was one of the key racist terms for black people.