the 2023 speaker of the house voting thread of implosion

henrygandorf

If I could just remind Rep. Miller-Meeks.  The guy you support for President, who is behind the threats to your family for going against his pick for Speaker of your House.  Yeah, uh...he has casually mentioned murdering the former President of the United States, General Flynn, and a number of high profile judges.  And somehow you thought, as a Congresswoman with no national profile and garbage committee assignments from (checks notes), Davenport, Iowa...would somehow be beyond the reach of him and his minions.  You are one seriously dumb cunt.

Edited by YGIFS
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

What’s been sort of eye-opening to me is how widespread the delusion is. I’ve always kind of assumed there were a handful (or two) of true loonies and then a bunch of smart but spineless politicians who recognize that acting like a lunatic is the key to reelection. Watching some of these interviews, A LOT of Republicans genuinely think Jim Jordan is a widely popular figure and seem truly confused as to why this is happening. It’s hilarious and terrifying.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

What’s been sort of eye-opening to me is how widespread the delusion is. I’ve always kind of assumed there were a handful (or two) of true loonies and then a bunch of smart but spineless politicians who recognize that acting like a lunatic is the key to reelection. Watching some of these interviews, A LOT of Republicans genuinely think Jim Jordan is a widely popular figure and seem truly confused as to why this is happening. It’s hilarious and terrifying.

I used to think that there were some Republicans who were just laying low hoping all of this Trumptard shit would blow over.   Seeing how many are backing Jordan shows that there are none.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Plenty of them know better, but they are laying low and trying to get through their next re-election without having to blow through their campaign war chests in their primaries.

Jordan put himself out there with Trump's support - if Trump had went with Scalise or somebody else, we wouldn't be having this discussion, but Jordan pulled in that endorsement and was using it to bludgeon other Republicans over the head.

33 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

Just imagine how much a person must hate gays and Brown and Black people to put up with this collection of loathsome, incompetent, flawed human beings as your appointed representatives.

People do strange things for easy money.

20 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

Catturd just poopball in litterbox of life

Add 2024 and there's your viable 3rd party flag

Robert F Kennedy Rfk Jr GIF by GIPHY News

• Drool 1

2 hours ago, cactusflinthead said:

Obligatory picture of pizza delivery meant to signify a willingness to stay at the designated location to gather for work.

Actual significance

Ongoing hostage situation

As Paul Harvey used to say, here's the rest of the story.

image.thumb.png.385c28baad9caf490ebda1ef18018c91.png

image.thumb.png.6fd5049ceca6a8f55af81d444f736807.png

Tune in again tomorrow for the big question yet to be tackled: Will there be a republican conference meeting -- with pizza -- on Thursday?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5
  • Drool 1

5 hours ago, Chopper said:

As Paul Harvey used to say, here's the rest of the story.

image.thumb.png.385c28baad9caf490ebda1ef18018c91.png

image.thumb.png.6fd5049ceca6a8f55af81d444f736807.png

Tune in again tomorrow for the big question yet to be tackled: Will there be a republican conference meeting -- with pizza -- on Thursday?

One bite, everyone knows the rule… 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, G650 said:

That's honestly hilarious

It's astonishing.  Somehow, it's not the 8 Republicans' fault that McCarthy was outed, since 96% of the "no" votes came from Democrats.  Keiler failed to state the obvious, but rather danced around the issue, as usual.

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

It's astonishing.  Somehow, it's not the 8 Republicans' fault that McCarthy was outed, since 96% of the "no" votes came from Democrats.  Keiler failed to state the obvious, but rather danced around the issue, as usual.

That 96% thing is clearly just a talking point someone jotted down on a napkin. "Just keep saying that, it's the best we've got right now"

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, tokamak said:

That 96% thing is clearly just a talking point someone jotted down on a napkin. "Just keep saying that, it's the best we've got right now"

I was thinking about it last night,  I really want to know what idiot came up with that talking popoint

1 minute ago, atomheartbevo said:

Chip Roy ges it - the Republicans are on the path to losing the House next year.   Now why they are on that path, he doesn't get it.

Ok--exactly what constitutional concerns?  Seriously, I want a legal cite to the section of the Constitution that could even arguably be violated.

Hint: there isn't one.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

I like how the party of Constitutional Originalism is suddenly having a robust and deadly-serious internal debate about the validity of a "permanently temporary Speaker of the House."  Which (checks notes) does not appear anywhere in the Constitution.  Rather, Speaker Pro Tem is merely an emergency stopgap measure in case of several key federal officials being taken out in a terrorist attack and is barely 20 years old.  

I would love to hear Justice Thomas' opinion on how this was clearly the framer's intent given the environs of the day 200+ years the position was ever even conceived.