45 indicated

Cairn Horn88

1 hour ago, Gil Bang said:

@TwiceHorn WTF is the appeals case that this moron keeps blathering about?

Ivanka appealed mostly on the ground of statute of limitations.  Several issues.  The main two were 6 or 3 year statute of limitations (answer 6), and whether a "tolling agreement" applied to her.  The tolling agreement extended limitations by 18 months, I think, and was executed by the Trump Org, only, and purported to bind all officers and directors, affiliates, etc.

The combination of the tolling agreement and the 6 year limitations period put the "pumpkin day" back to 2014 for those bound by the agreement, and 2016 for those not bound by the agreement.

Vanky was dismissed from the case because there were no allegations that she did anything after 2016, and, by the time of the tolling agreement, she was not an officer or director of Trump Org and thus not bound by it.

The appeals court in passing suggested that the trial court could/should evaluate or re-evaluate its holdings in light of the decision, which Engoron did on summary judgment, holding and citing case law that a tolling agreement signed on behalf of an organization could bind individual officers and directors.

One other little thing, the court mentioned that causes of action "accrue" (when they count for purposes of limitations, as in did the fraud occur before 2016 or 2014) when "the transaction is complete."  Trump wants that to mean when the loans closed, which were all in like 2011 or 2012.  But there were separate fraudulent acts occurring in connection with loan covenants well into 2014 and 2016.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

Trump's rants about crime in New York City are comical.

In 2020, Trump's last year in office, the number of murders in NYC exploded, from  319 in 2019 to 471 in 2020.  So far this year there have been 317 murders in NYC. That tracks to 370 over the course of the year, although typically the last three months of the year see a reduction in the homicide rate, so we're looking at probably 360 or so murders in NYC.   All other major crime statistics have been dropping rapidly, too.  2023 will be roughly akin to 2019 in terms of crime in NYC, and lower than 2020.  Of course, in 1990 there were 2,262 murders in NYC, so the current rate is about 80 percent lower than it was 33 years ago. 

Edited by Horn Under a Bad Sign
  • Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

In 2020, Trump's last year in office, the number of murders in NYC exploded, from  319 in 2019 to 471 in 2020.  So far this year there have been 317 murders in NYC. That tracks to 370 over the course of the year, although typically the last three months of the year see a reduction in the homicide rate, so we're looking at probably 360 or so murders in NYC.   All other major crime statistics have been dropping rapidly, too.  2023 will be roughly akin to 2019 in terms of crime in NYC, and lower than 2020.  Of course, in 1990 there were 2,262 murders in NYC, so the current rate is about 80 percent lower than it was 33 years ago. 

Maybe Trump had a bunch of people in NY killed, and the bodies haven't been discovered yet.  I'll bet you didn't think of that; you just assume that Trump is lying. 

21 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

The appeals court in passing suggested that the trial court could/should evaluate or re-evaluate its holdings in light of the decision, which Engoron did on summary judgment, holding and citing case law that a tolling agreement signed on behalf of an organization could bind individual officers and directors.

So in other words, the judge was overruled by the appeals court, but he is just saying fuck it and ignoring them because he hates Trump. Gotcha, thanks. 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

If facts had anything to do with Trump's base if support, none of this would matter.

That said, never stop quoting facts. It's helpful for all the rest of us to be constantly reminded that Trump rules from a throne of lies.

Just now, Red Five said:

So in other words, the judge was overruled by the appeals court, but he is just saying fuck it and ignoring them because he hates Trump. Gotcha, thanks. 

No Way Wtf GIF by Harlem

That's... literally the opposite of what Twice just said? I think?

I would think if a court judge of origin was overruled by an appellate court in such a high profile case, and defied that higher court, and proceeded with an unlawful trial...it'd probably get mentioned by people other than Trump.  

Also, Trump may regret saying it.  I know his minions won't care.  But most of his defenses in Florida are going to rely on those two judges not adhering to higher court rulings.  So as per usual, he just shot himself in the dick.  Which given that 2" flaccid porcini he calls a cock, is not an easy shot.

3 hours ago, tbone_ said:

Yea Rush is the particular fat bastard I was referring to, in what’s become a crowded field of fat bastards. I seem to remember first being aware of him and the effect he was having back in the early 90s.

I mean my old man didn’t vote for Carter but he wasn’t hateful about it. He also didn’t vote for Obama but had a much different reaction that time around.

Pandering to some of the lowest aspects of human nature for personal gain. Disgusting to me but I guess it’s always been a thing as long as people have been people and both sides do it, but Rush took to it a new unfortunate level imo, showed the formula, and it snowballed from there to where we are today.

Good times.

You need to be more specific about the fats apparently.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Most crime rants are counterfactual.

44 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

No Way Wtf GIF by Harlem

That's... literally the opposite of what Twice just said? I think?

I think he's saying what Trump is saying.

Trump and his team want to conceptualize the whole fraud thing as classical fraud:  a knowing falsity to induce loans.  If that's all there was to it, he might have a limitations point and a good one.

But 63(12) just encompasses a broader set of false and fraudulent acts that apparently is satisfied by showing that a knowingly false document was used in a business transaction, whether actually to anyone's detriment or not.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Violent crime is down nationwide but you'd think it's a war zone to go outside your house in big cities run by liberals, not those nice wholesome small towns like Lewiston, Maine.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 2

16 hours ago, Rimbo said:

The only way he avoids jail is suicide. Or other means of dying.

I think suicide is a possibility if he is convicted and sentenced to actual jail time.

15 hours ago, C-Man said:

How about we launch him into the sun?

The added mass might cause the sun to collapse into a black hole.

21 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Violent crime is down nationwide but you'd think it's a war zone to go outside your house in big cities run by liberals, not those nice wholesome small towns like Lewiston, Maine.

I was talking to a family member this week and he mentioned his every day carry weapon (of course he's a Glock fanboi.)  He lives in Austin and while he says he's not a Trump fan he's a Trumptard.  I asked him if he thought he was living in fear about needing a gun on him at all times.  He's convinced that any day now, he'll need to get into an OK Corral type shootout with the bad men.   

He's a lost cause.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

I'd love for Biden and Trump to debate and for Biden to say "Hey Donald ... you rant about crime in New York City.  Every year during my administration, the murder/rape/burglary statistics for New York City have gone down.  During your last year as President, the number of murders in New York City increased 50 percent.  50 percent, folks!  This was after decades in which the number of murders dropped by 80 percent. Now Donald says he's going to reduce crime in New York City. If that's true, why didn't he do so before and why did we see such an incredible increase in homicides in New York City when he was president?"

The first thing out of Trump's mouth would be "That's a lie! Murders didn't increase in New York City when I was President!"  

The fact checkers would be all over it. 

Or, more succinctly:  "Donald, you always talk about crime in New York City. During the last year of the Obama-Biden administration, 2016, there were 338 murders in New York City. In the last year of your administration, there were 471. That's almost a 50% increase in murders after four years of Donald Trump. After the 50% Trump increase, the numbers are now trending down again under four years of Joe Biden. What happened?" 

Edited by Horn Under a Bad Sign
  • Like 1

I wanted to say thanks, ref: my Limbaugh comment. Yall all are spot on. His fingerprints still taint our country. I guess I lost sight of that by just remembering the good he did......by dying.

Maybe, for symbolism, do something that revolves around 45? 45 dick punches? 45 trans beating the dog shit out of him

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Rimbo said:

If facts had anything to do with Trump's base if support, none of this would matter.

That said, never stop quoting facts. It's helpful for all the rest of us to be constantly reminded that Trump rules from a throne of lies.

image.gif.11397cf6085f8ba636d099bab2b18c88.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

Pretty good story giving context to Trump storming out. https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2023/10/when-the-judge-refused-to-toss-his-case-trump-stormed-out-of-court-today/

It seems the real issue there is that Cohen was a somewhat ambivalent witness as to exactly when/how he told him to cook the books.  When he admitted that he accurately told Congress he couldn't recall if Trump had ever specifically asked him to cook the books, the Team Trump morons acted like they had won the case and asked the judge for a directed verdict, which was promptly denied.

As if there haven't been two solid weeks of testimony of Trump directing people to cook the books and explaining how it was done.

His stupidity really seems to be contagious.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Rage+1 1

He's no Architect, or creator or thinker on Any level. He says shit and when people cheer he starts repeating it. That's it.

This is a good way to put it. Though sadly, I suspect that’s been mostly common among elected officials forever. Say and repeat the shit that will get then most voters to cheer.
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

I think suicide is a possibility if he is convicted and sentenced to actual jail time.

The added mass might cause the sun to collapse into a black hole.

You mean like suicide-suicide?  Or Epstein-suicide?  Because there's about 70 million people who are going to believe it is Epstein-suicide no matter what.

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/10/26/trump-fraud-trial-ex-president-rails-against-judge-who-fined-him-15000.html

In at least four lengthy social media postson Thursday, Trump ripped Engoron as a "tyrannical and unhinged" and "fully biased Trump Hater" who "should be ashamed of himself" for his handling of the case.

"HE HAS GONE CRAZY IN HIS HATRED OF 'TRUMP,'" wrote the former president, who also railed against New York Attorney General Letitia James, his ex-attorney Michael Cohen and a New York Times reporter.

IMG_1858.gif.0b9dbc8d5b7bad4c40bb8219ae741583.gif

The idea of Trump committing suicide is laughable.  Come on.  No one who thinks like Trump or sees the world the way he does has ever committed suicide.

He is a first ballot hall of fame piece of shit.  But he will never quit believing that his will is the answer to all problems and that he’s one moment away from getting back on top.

Trump’s story plays out one of 4 ways:

1. He dies naturally (i.e. not from suicide or murder), having fought and “won” his court cases but having lost the 2024 election; he remains a force in the GOP and continues to damage the country until his death.  This is by far the most likely outcome and my guess is it won’t happen for another decade or more because fuck us.

2. He is jailed/exiled.  I consider this extremely unlikely.  The government is not going to jail a former president.  He might end up cutting a deal that essentially exiles him or confines him to MAL.  But I consider that extremely unlikely as well.

3. He fades away.  I also think this is very unlikely.  If the “sane” portion of the GOP had the ability to get rid of him or dethrone him, they would have already done it.  The only way I think this happens is if Trump himself decides to retire from politics, which means he voluntarily gives up the easiest grift he’s ever had.  Not happening.

4. He wins the 2024 presidential election.  I still consider this unlikely but it is certainly possible.  If this happens, who knows what the fuck follows, but it won’t be good for anybody.

Edited by Snake Diggity
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

You know, somebody is gonna get killed.  It may be "Maggot" Haberman, it may be the judge but somebody is going to take matters in his own hands. If I were the people that he's threatening I'd be very careful for a very long time. You just know there's some Cletus in Alabama who's thinking that he can't let his President suffer these injustices.  

Man, it's a sad world, isn't it?  Dennis Brown was right: the world is troubled, and living ain't easy.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

the Team Trump morons acted like they had won the case and asked the judge for a directed verdict, which was promptly denied.

I'm no legal scholar, and certainly not knowledgeable about New York civil procedure, but when moving for a directed verdict, doesn't there need to a be a jury to, you know, direct?

9 hours ago, tbone_ said:

Yea Rush is the particular fat bastard I was referring to, in what’s become a crowded field of fat bastards. I seem to remember first being aware of him and the effect he was having back in the early 90s.

I mean my old man didn’t vote for Carter but he wasn’t hateful about it. He also didn’t vote for Obama but had a much different reaction that time around.

Pandering to some of the lowest aspects of human nature for personal gain. Disgusting to me but I guess it’s always been a thing as long as people have been people and both sides do it, but Rush took to it a new unfortunate level imo, showed the formula, and it snowballed from there to where we are today.

Good times.

Amen.  I know people were bitter at Carter over various things, including gas prices, the Panama Canal, pardoning hundreds of thousands of draft dodgers who went to Canada and elsewhere, and especially the Iranian hostages (which there was fuckery there working against him) but it wasn't the kind of hate we see now.

And when Clinton won, sure, there was some hate, but almost more disappointment and some anger at Ross Perot for "tainting" the election, but we were still coming off of a streak of 20 years of GOP rule vs 4 years of Democratic rule, so there was some weariness.  

And in '92, there were still a shitload of Democrats in Texas who had not yet switched to the GOP, and the GOP did not have Texas fully locked in - Bush pulled in 2.5 million, Clinton 2.3 million, and Perot 1.3 million.  Hell, Rick Perry was Al Gore's campaign manager in Texas just four years before in 1988.

But Limbaugh figured it out. He found a great cast of characters, helped by Gingrich and the Clinton/Arkansas shenanigans (White Water, the missing files suddenly appearing, etc.), but Limbaugh tapped into a hatred/anger that was under the surface and kept out of site by most decent people. He helped to surface that anger and hatred.  He helped shape the GOP from "your failures in life are because you couldn't pull yourself up by your bootstraps" to "your failures in life are because Democrats".  Obama was kind of the culmination of those efforts of 16 years of Clinton and Bush, but McCain and Romney weren't willing to fully embrace what Limbaugh had created (they embraced the Obama hate, but they didn't go down the birther rabbit hole).

Trump comes along, and he fully embraces everything Limbaugh pushed, and everything that was spawned from, or influenced by, Limbaugh (including the birther bullshit, and the Alex Jones wing of the right-wing, etc.).

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1
  • Drool 1

11 minutes ago, Bookman said:

I'm no legal scholar, and certainly not knowledgeable about New York civil procedure, but when moving for a directed verdict, doesn't there need to a be a jury to, you know, direct?

Well true, what they asked for is "dismissal."  Dismissal, judgment on the pleadings, summary judgment, and directed verdict/JNOV are all pretty much the same thing, just at different evidentiary stages of the cases.

But, also, if a judge decides a trial is necessary, even a bench trial, to evaluate the evidence, I suppose a directed verdict is appropriate if the evidence can't support the verdict.  The feds adoption of judgment as a matter of law kind of covers all the bases.

The other ridiculously stupid thing is, I think the state's case is far from over, so not only is Cohen just one witness, preceded by several more, I think he's going to be followed by several more.   Where on earth they got the idea that they won the case on Cohen's testimony is anyone's guess.  Their own Johnny Jolly moment.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Amen.  I know people were bitter at Carter over various things, including gas prices, the Panama Canal, pardoning hundreds of thousands of draft dodgers who went to Canada and elsewhere, and especially the Iranian hostages (which there was fuckery there working against him) but it wasn't the kind of hate we see now.

And when Clinton won, sure, there was some hate, but almost more disappointment and some anger at Ross Perot for "tainting" the election, but we were still coming off of a streak of 20 years of GOP rule vs 4 years of Democratic rule, so there was some weariness.  

And in '92, there were still a shitload of Democrats in Texas who had not yet switched to the GOP, and the GOP did not have Texas fully locked in - Bush pulled in 2.5 million, Clinton 2.3 million, and Perot 1.3 million.  Hell, Rick Perry was Al Gore's campaign manager in Texas just four years before in 1988.

But Limbaugh figured it out. He found a great cast of characters, helped by Gingrich and the Clinton/Arkansas shenanigans (White Water, the missing files suddenly appearing, etc.), but Limbaugh tapped into a hatred/anger that was under the surface and kept out of site by most decent people. He helped to surface that anger and hatred.  He helped shape the GOP from "your failures in life are because you couldn't pull yourself up by your bootstraps" to "your failures in life are because Democrats".  Obama was kind of the culmination of those efforts of 16 years of Clinton and Bush, but McCain and Romney weren't willing to fully embrace what Limbaugh had created (they embraced the Obama hate, but they didn't go down the birther rabbit hole).

Trump comes along, and he fully embraces everything Limbaugh pushed, and everything that was spawned from, or influenced by, Limbaugh (including the birther bullshit, and the Alex Jones wing of the right-wing, etc.).

What you said plus: 

Limbaugh made politic entertaining. Idiots drawn to the fun flame got all mouthy despite failing high school algebra. Fucking social media gave the dumbest a chamber of idiocy. Hence GQP 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

Opposing counsel propounded a request for production of documents that demanded I produce the documents related in Interrogatory Number 18.   There were only 17 interrogatories. My response was: “No production required due to an apparent breach in the space-time continuum, in accordance with the prophecy.”

My subsequent attempts to ask her out met with abject failure.

• Haha 5