45 indicated

Cairn Horn88

That’s fine. But when they were requested returned, why the stall and hiding?  That’s all him and he hasn’t worked out how to fade that yet. 

“Walt was the mastermind behind all that as well. I wanted to give them all back immediately, personally. He’ll deny it now of course but it’s true.”

1 minute ago, Foosters said:

This site has a group of posters who love making fun of the gullible idiots on the right, while they feverishly post uncorroborated rumors, wild speculation, and straight up fake news bc it supports their viewpoint.

Get it together people.

Don't disagree with that, but Trump.....hoo boy.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

I really want him to testify and have that moment.  Television gold.

Same, but there's now way Cannon is going to allow the trial to be televised. I can almost guarantee there will be no cameras or audio recording devices allowed in the courtroom.

• Rage+1 1

59 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

He's corrupt as fuck. He's still a working lawyer (if there is such a thing...I'm only familiar with lawyers that post on surly all day), specializing in Real Estate deals, and he's in a position to influence development approvals for his clients, and he lines his pocket from it. in 

Are you talking about the mayor of Miami or Steve Adler?

• Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

4 minutes ago, royiv said:

Same, but there's now way Cannon is going to allow the trial to be televised. I can almost guarantee there will be no cameras or audio recording devices allowed in the courtroom.

That's pretty much guaranteed in any federal court.

https://www.uscourts.gov/about-federal-courts/judicial-administration/cameras-courts/history-cameras-courts#a1

https://www.law.cornell.edu/rules/frcrmp/rule_53

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

10 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Which is bullshit.

it's not bullshit.  the last thing we need is to give that fucker a venue where he can and/or counsel can stand up and rant like the lunatics they are in order to sow discontent amongst the masses.

no TV...period.  

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

This is why DeSantis won't win next year or 2028 - the man has no balls.  He spent 15 years in the Navy/Reserves as an officer, JAG no less, and knows all about classified information. He could have absolutely been hammering Trump over this, talking about how he put the lives of the troops at risk, helped our enemies, etc. (and I know, plenty of Republicans no longer give a shit about the troops and even publicly embrace our enemies such as Putin).

But he didn't.  Pretty sure that Casey carries his balls around in her purse. Hell, she has more enthusiasm, charisma, and desire  for the position than Rod.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Yes, but you know that Trump would be playing it up for the cameras.

I have been involved in a lot of federal litigation over the course of my career, but I have never seen any federal litigation covered by court TV. Hell, Fed Court in Tampa would not even let lawyers bring cell phones into the building as late as 2010, let alone record proceedings. 

Edit: looks like Local Rule 77.1 says no recording or broadcasting.   My point was, this is not Cannon’s call - or her attempt to hide anything. 

Edited by Gatorubet
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

it's not bullshit.  the last thing we need is to give that fucker a venue where he can and/or counsel can stand up and rant like the lunatics they are in order to sow discontent amongst the masses.

no TV...period.  

“ Judge, let me tell you a story in response to that question:  a large brawny man from the national archives came up to me, crying, he said “Sir, I have never seen a more perfect collection of nonconfidential records declassified by you - or any president - in my life.””

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Rage+1 1
  • Drool 1

6 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

I have been involved in a lot of federal litigation over the course of my career, but I have never seen any federal litigation covered by court TV. Hell, Fed Court in Tampa would not even let lawyers bring cell phones into the building as late as 2010, let alone record proceedings. 

I've got mixed feelings about it as a general proposition.  Federal courthouse security has always been a lot more rigorous than state, at least in Texas.  And that includes all manner of electronics.  I think it became even a bit tighter after McVeigh and 9/11.  Judges of all kinds have always hated pagers and cellphones bleeping and blooping during hearings and federal judges even moreso.

I think the judiciary kind of figures, hey. the courtrooms are open to the public (in most cases), why do we need to entertain cameras, especially when those often lead to various kinds of spectacles.  Written reporting was good enough for 150 years.

On this particular case, I think I tend to agree with KE:  in this era of performative politics, with Trump as the jester-in-chief, I think the risk of it becoming some form of spectacle exceeds the value of widespread publication by video.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

That would normally be addressed at the arraignment, I believe.

I guess the government didn't ask for any conditions.

Why would they gag him? It's not HIS case that is helped if he blabs. I mean cheeto's inability to keep his big mouth shut is why they have such a great case to begin with.

5 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

Kid Rock had to be the adult to ask the president "should you be showing me this?" It's like a goofy dream you half remember that doesn't make any sense filled with people who suck.

some say that's statutory

FyQ3V2aWwAERI4L?format=jpg&name=large

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Yes, but you know that Trump would be playing it up for the cameras.

39 minutes ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

no TV...period.  

38 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

Edit: looks like Local Rule 77.1 says no recording or broadcasting.   My point was, this is not Cannon’s call - or her attempt to hide anything. 

28 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

“ Judge, let me tell you a story in response to that question:  a large brawny man from the national archives came up to me, crying, he said “Sir, I have never seen a more perfect collection of nonconfidential records declassified by you - or any president - in my life.””

Given the historic nature, I think this should be televised.  I also think a judge worth their salt would keep Dotard on a short leash.  But I’m not a lawyer, so I defer to those who have experience with this.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Given the historic nature, I think this should be televised.  I also think a judge worth their salt would keep Dotard on a short leash.  But I’m not a lawyer, so I defer to those who have experience with this.

And you're well aware that the judge assigned to this case is not, in fact, worth a shit. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Even a pro-Trump judge would probably not want to deal with it, because the death threats to everybody involved that would result from seeing how it plays out on a TV screen would not be worth it - even a pro-Trump judge would probably get death threats from MAGA for not doing enough.

27 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

it's a safe assumption to state that this particular judge doesn't have the chops to run her courtroom the way it should be run for an event like this.  there are judges that do have said bona fides and could easily reign in the circus, but she ain't one of 'em.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

23 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

so cnn keeps playing this clip from an earlier interview with ken buck.  buck isn't a big trump guy, but he's a republican, so he's saying the same ole shit.  then he says that he wouldn't be comfortable with a convicted felon in the white house.  so apparently, that's where we are.  semantics. 

he's basically saying he acknowledges what he did, maybe he's even ok with it, but if he gets convicted, that's a bridge too far.  ok.

if you think what he did shouldn't be a crime, fine.

if you think what he did should be a crime, but he shouldn't be prosecuted because he's a former potus, fine.

if you think other people committed those crimes too, fine.

if you think hillary clinton and joe biden and mike pence should be in prison already, fine.

if you think there's no way that 12/12 jurors in florida agree to convict him, fine.

but don't sit here and act like we're not sure if he did it.  he did it.  we know he did it.  we have him on tape doing it.  everyone close to him offered evidence that he did it.  we have audio tape and photographical evidence that he did it. 

if you need mental gymnastics to figure out what to say to a journalist, then you should stop giving interviews.  i have not heard one republican say he didn't do it.   

It’s like Barry Switzer Tom Osborne and Lawrence Phillips. 
If he’s not in jail put him in the game. 

Edited by TexasEd
Fucking Tom
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

• blacklab changed the title to 45 indicated