2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.

1 hour ago, LebongJames said:

This hasn’t been reported anywhere

On either Sunday night or Monday in one of Burton's videos he said the visit went extremely well and the staff was expecting a decision "any moment now". Waffling was probably too strong a word but today Burton reported the new Houston coach is keeping the current DC so he's hearing Caldwell is considering withdrawing from the portal as well. 

You'd have to be an idiot to think his potential position coach at Texas leaving doesn't hurt our chances to land him. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

On either Sunday night or Monday in one of Burton's videos he said the visit went extremely well and the staff was expecting a decision "any moment now". Waffling was probably too strong a word but today Burton reported the new Houston coach is keeping the current DC so he's hearing Caldwell is considering withdrawing from the portal as well. 

You'd have to be an idiot to think his potential position coach at Texas leaving doesn't hurt our chances to land him. 

In this bizarro college football world, I don’t think it matters at all.

49 minutes ago, Teryor said:

How could Bo do this to us...

Maybe the odds of landing Ryan Williams just went up with Saban retiring. He lacks NCAA experience, but the upside is ridiculous. I think that's a trade Sark makes. 

So let me get this straight: with Saban leaving Bama, the rumors are Harbaugh going to the NFL, Lanning leaving Oregon for Bama, Family man leaving LSU for Oregon or Michigan with probably another major coach being poached for whatever job is left open. That means that we may have 4-5 top tier schools with their entire rosters portal curious.

It's a great day to be a Longhorn.

• Drool 1

12 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

LSU starting to piss me off.

Why, their dumbass coach had to fire his entire defensive staff in year 2 and lost his OC because he's a raging asshole. I am not worried about Brian Kelly at LSU.

• Hook 'Em 4

23 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Why, their dumbass coach had to fire his entire defensive staff in year 2 and lost his OC because he's a raging asshole. I am not worried about Brian Kelly at LSU.

Just because he won’t ever dominate at LSU doesn’t mean he can’t fuck up a lot of talent we would like to have. 

• Hook 'Em 2

So now Bama players have 30 days of free portal, then if they hire Lanning Oregon players have 30 days, and whoever Oregon hires that team will have 30 days (assuming it's an active head coach). 

This is some crazy shit. Off-season is crazier than regular season in CFB now. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

It's not Brain Kelly anyone is worried about. LSU clearly found some money.

• Hook 'Em 1

15 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Caleb Downs would give me the biggest boner. 

You sound like the Texas version of this guy from Mexico City sitting next to me in the taxi van from the airport in St. Thomas. 

IMG_0321.thumb.jpeg.d8304719dc2eb0c541baa54fa3fa13c1.jpeg

IMG_0322.thumb.jpeg.bc2262cf1c098f540d3093354653d2c2.jpeg

Pink sweater âś…

Pink bracelet âś…

(Soft?) Pink glitter phone case âś…

Matching light pink 3-suitcase set [not pictured]âś…

image.gif

Edited by Napoleon
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

17 hours ago, Hermanator said:

It's not a big assumption that Caldwell's main relationship here was with Davis. He was waffling back and forth on a decision for the last 3 days since his weekend visit when some people were expecting him to decide Monday. Can't imagine he ends up here now unless we just pay the most. 

Even accepting your premise for sake of argument, said waffling has been between Texas and Oregon. Perhaps you may have heard of a possible shakeup on the Oregon staff as well?

You sound like the Texas version of this guy from Mexico City sitting next to me in the taxi van from the airport in St. Thomas. 

Pink sweater
Pink bracelet
(Soft?) Pink glitter phone case
Matching light pink 3-suitcase set [not pictured]

image.gif.c4cc94646ba17e037045809c029cfbb2.gif

Me thinks the man doth protest too much.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Hermanator said:

So now Bama players have 30 days of free portal, then if they hire Lanning Oregon players have 30 days, and whoever Oregon hires that team will have 30 days (assuming it's an active head coach). 

This is some crazy shit. Off-season is crazier than regular season in CFB now. 

It's portals all the way down

39 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Pink sweater âś…

Pink bracelet âś…

(Soft?) Pink glitter phone case âś…

Matching light pink 3-suitcase set [not pictured]âś…

image.gif

Tries to humble brag about being in St Thomas, but doesn't realize that sharing a taxi is not baller, and gets called out for taking creeper pics of his new crush. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, texasdago said:

You seriously took the time to take pictures of a person in a taxi van to share with others because why?  Dude... 

Yep, I was reporting Live to my buddies flying in today and tomorrow on shit at Miami airport, landing at St. Thomas airport, time spent waiting for luggage at baggage claim/ bar serving drinks in plastic roadie cups at baggage claim, and ground transportation to local accommodations. (Mexican fell into the last group.)

1 hour ago, Hornlover said:

Tries to humble brag about being in St Thomas, but doesn't realize that sharing a taxi is not baller, and gets called out for taking creeper pics of his new crush. 

No humble brag yet. I am not standing in a Frenchtown hotel like my married friends, I am staying in a less-than ideal AirBnB in a convenient part of town (West Amelia)  that is near the cruise port.

The first neighbor I saw when I arrived to the dilapidated building (that somehow looked better on AirBnB looked like he might charge me for a fight…

IMG_0328.thumb.jpeg.208945f56cf884a0587402e711ee6217.jpeg

…but backed down.

IMG_0327.thumb.jpeg.cf2a51c1861589b19808feccac121cc5.jpeg

But I peeked down through a window today and the cock look like he was waiting to start something.

IMG_0351.thumb.jpeg.b9910f88bb509423525f38e243784d4c.jpeg

If any of my married friends arriving soon had booked this spot, they likely wouldn’t still be married by Valentine’s Day.

The humble bragging will start tomorrow when I board the Sea Dream yacht as one of 110 guests of the “birthday couple” (Austin native girl/ Dallas native guy) as we take over the entire “yacht” for 3+ days & 3 nights as we dock around the British Virgin Islands on the hosts’ dime. 

IMG_0357.gif.363ed8321c11997479e830fc57da85d6.gif

Edited by Napoleon
  • Hook 'Em 5

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.