2 Year Old Shoots/Kills Pregnant Mom because America

crash_davis

A pregnant Ohio mother died last week after she was accidentally shot in the back by her 2-year-old son, who found a loaded weapon on a nearby nightstand, police said.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/laura-ilg-pregnant-mom-fatally-shot-2-year-old-son-ohio/

Smith said the house was full of safety features, but baby gates that were usually closed had been left open. The victim was doing laundry in the bedroom, which was usually locked, and apparently didn't realize the child had followed her before he started playing with the gun and it discharged, Smith said.

Police said a loaded shotgun and rifle were also found in the home. Smith urged families to lock up guns and never leave them loaded and unattended. No arrests have been made in the case.

Loaded guns everywhere but rely on baby gates as "safety features". That safety feature didn't work worth shit and now a dipshit dad lost his wife and son to be child because his toddler shot her. Pathetic and sad. But hey, it's just another day in gun loving America.

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 3

2 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

So do we value the sanctity of the unborn life or the baby’s second amendment rights more here?

Yes.

NRA response to this shooting: If the mom had been armed, she would've been able to defend herself.

Edited by crash_davis
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

Smith said the house was full of safety features, but baby gates that were usually closed had been left open. The victim was doing laundry in the bedroom, which was usually locked, and apparently didn't realize the child had followed her before he started playing with the gun and it discharged, Smith said.

Police said a loaded shotgun and rifle were also found in the home.

Bolded is so fucking stupid. Oh baby gates, we’ve got it locked down.

• Like 1

I've got as much sympathy for the family impacted by this as I do for the billionaires who were killed in the Titan submersible implosion: zero.

If your "safety features" for your firearms can easily be undone by a toddler still shitting in diapers then you didn't really have any safety features. Your own stupidity caused your death, and one can only hope that the 2 year old is too young to have any memory of the trauma your carelessness brought about.

• Hook 'Em 8

How do you not go out and exercise your patriotic rights to buy another gun knowing there's an armed toddler with some serious grudges against you, just wandering around your house?

I really didn't get it until Brisket and all these senseless porch shootings made me start asking questions.  But I really didn't appreciate what a high percentage of "responsible gun owners" just sit around with their weapon loaded and at the ready much of the day for "safety purposes."  Just because you lock it up at night when you're asleep, or at work, or drunk doesn't make you a responsible gun owner.  I just had no idea how many people spend their evening in the front rooms with loaded weapons.  We're also gonna see this more and more with more lax open carry.  I come home, it takes me fucking 30 minutes to put up my keys, plug my phone in, and take off my shoes while I hang out with the kids, help with dinner, etc.  I'm sure a lot of incidents were caused by somebody came home with an open carry weapon, put it down next to their wallet and ear buds, and just left it there while they used the restroom, got a snack, etc.  And the kid finds it.  

As stated above, good news is the kid won't remember the actual event.  Bad news is somebody's gonna tell 'em when they're a bit older and that's gonna be a whole 'nother shitshow.  

9 hours ago, crash_davis said:

NRA response to this shooting: If the mom had been armed, she would've been able to defend herself.

The NRA would blame the mother’s vagina for not allowing the unborn baby access to a gun. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Father to many—married to none
And in case you're unaware: I carry a gun (Word)
Stepped into the party, the place was over-packed
Saw the kid that dissed my homeboy, shot him in the back

Thanks, MCA. 

My first thought is that it takes a good two year old with a gun to protect you from a bad two year old with a gun.

My second thought is that it’s a pretty strong two-year-old to rack the slide on that .45 911.    Save name for recruiting. 

My third thought is that moms better think twice before invoking arbitrary time outs for throwing shitty mac & cheese on the floor. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

If we rephrased it as “a uniquely American problem of a bunch of fucking morons with guns” would it make you feel better?

No. That’s much harder to type out in teenage font.  

10 hours ago, BrickHorn said:

You’re like a poor man’s Jim Breuer routine. Nothing clever or insightful or funny to say, so you just squawk like a fucking idiot.  

Hows that?  I’ve advocated for safe storage laws for years.  You know, one of the ideas that actually saves lives, but is rarely mentioned because it doesn’t really make for a great politico soundbite. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I believe that would be a capital offense in Texas. Better hope it was “accidental.”   What if we find out mom wouldn’t let kid watch teletubbies the night before.  Kid gonna end up on death row at 4?

17 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Didn’t read the article. I’m assuming this happened in Chicago right?

Yes.  Chicago Ohio. 

Father to many—married to none
And in case you're unaware: I carry a gun (Word)
Stepped into the party, the place was over-packed
Saw the kid that dissed my homeboy, shot him in the back

My son gave me a double album - Best of Beastie Boys on vinyl for Xmas. Such a sweet boy.

got damn. this is sad. dad "has an FFL license, meaning that he is legally able to store and sell firearms at the family home." family, i guess, had previously posted pics of her and dad with guns. pics are avail in the link.

fucking gun culture.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12227155/Girl-12-shot-dad-murder-pact-pictured-time.html

Girl, 12, who shot her father before killing herself in botched murder pact with friend after they 'plotted to kill their families and pets then run away together' is pictured for the first time posing with guns alongside her armed dad

Emma Brown shot her father in the stomach before turning the gun on herself  

She had plotted to kill her entire family and pets in a 'murder pact'  with a friend

A second girl, 12, was sentenced for her part in the incident on March 14 in Texas

On 6/25/2023 at 8:57 AM, Nivek said:

Now just imagine about the stories we don’t here where the 2 yr old shoots and misses.

That’s why I took my toddlers to the gun range. If your toddler can’t hit center mass from 5-6 ft you should seriously consider giving up your parental rights.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 6/26/2023 at 9:30 AM, crash_davis said:

got damn. this is sad. dad "has an FFL license, meaning that he is legally able to store and sell firearms at the family home." family, i guess, had previously posted pics of her and dad with guns. pics are avail in the link.

fucking gun culture.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12227155/Girl-12-shot-dad-murder-pact-pictured-time.html

Girl, 12, who shot her father before killing herself in botched murder pact with friend after they 'plotted to kill their families and pets then run away together' is pictured for the first time posing with guns alongside her armed dad

She had plotted to kill her entire family and pets in a 'murder pact'  with a friend

A second girl, 12, was sentenced for her part in the incident on March 14 in Texas

Look at the fucking smirk on Papa Bear's face. GunCulT3re!!! hahahah am I right @fattyflattie!?!?!

Screen Shot 2023-06-27 at 10.01.52 AM.png

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

On 6/26/2023 at 10:30 AM, crash_davis said:

fucking gun culture.

FFL? Fuck Around and Find Out license? 😉

• Hook 'Em 1