Rice at Texas - Game 1

Pancho

Just now, Huckleberry said:

Hahaha

If Ewers made that throw everyone would be bitching because it was terrible. Which it was. 

as I said above.  maybe not a great throw, but we had the ball at the 30, and the hot receiver was 15 yards downfield and hadnt even bothered trying to look back for the ball...

there wasnt much more green real estate for him to run to, he should have been looking. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

lulz 

He's the least athletic of the three QBs. Why oh why would you think he needs to run the zone read? 

I mean... you know why.

You see a DE-sized QB taking snaps for Texas, who do you think of?

Gonna take a while to realize MM's his own guy.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, AUS-97HORN said:

as I said above.  maybe not a great throw, but we had the ball at the 30, and the hot receiver was 15 yards downfield and hadnt even bothered trying to look back for the ball...

there wasnt much more green real estate for him to run to, he should have been looking. 

The entire middle of the field was vacated. That was an easy touchdown if he threw it anywhere in front and inside of Cook. It was his first throw so I'm not saying he's a bad QB but that was a terrible throw. 

The second throw showed his talent. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1