Navarro Convicted for Contempt

Gatorubet

CNN — 

Former Donald Trump trade adviser Peter Navarro has been convicted of contempt of Congress for not complying to a subpoena from the House select committee investigating the January 6, 2021, attack on the US Capitol.

Navarro is the second ex-aide to former President Donald Trump to be prosecuted for his lack of cooperation with the committee. Steve Bannon was convicted last year on two contempt counts. Bannon’s case is currently on appeal. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

9 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Is he in jail? I've learned that even if you are convicted that still doesn't mean you go to jail for some reason.

Of course not, he and Bannon will appeal for half a decade and then face the music of a maximum 1 year in prison and up to 100k fine. They of course won't get anywhere near the maximum 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2

Trump people Personal attorney Michael Cohen? Convict
Personal accountant Weisselberg? Convict
Campaign chair Manafort? Convict
National Security Advisor Flynn? Convict
Chief strategist Bannon? Convict
Political advisor Roger Stone? Convict
Trade advisor Peter Navarro? Convict

Trump himself? The twice impeached, four times indicted, rapist and pussy grabber is not a convict.  
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

43 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Is he in jail? I've learned that even if you are convicted that still doesn't mean you go to jail for some reason.

Broadly speaking, if you aren't detained pretrial, you won't be jailed pending sentencing. 

Pending appeal is a different matter. 

3 hours ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Of course not, he and Bannon will appeal for half a decade and then face the music of a maximum 1 year in prison and up to 100k fine. They of course won't get anywhere near the maximum 

Bannon's appeal is set for oral argument October 12.  I'd expect a decision 60-90 days thereafter.  I very much doubt that the Supreme Court will grant cert.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

This cocksucker has to report to prison by Tuesday, 3/19, at 2 PM Eastern time.

I say we all get together to take a shot of the booze of our choice, at that time. 

Who's with me?

• Hook 'Em 6

37 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Are you 'convicted' you'll win?

He was convinced in September of two counts of contempt of Congress for refusing to provide testimony and documents to the House Select Committee that investigated the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol.

Way to proofread ABC news.

Sheesh.

• Rage+1 1

21 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

First you do your duty, then they do your booty.  

My own vows to my wife at our our wedding we quite similar, "First you do your duty, then I do your booty."  I've always been a romantic at heart, should have been a poet.  

On 3/15/2024 at 1:37 PM, tx 3 putt said:

All he had to do was show up and plead the fifth ?

Pretty much.  The moral of all these stories is unless you are actually POTUS, V POTUS, or a cabinet official (and even then), you gotta fucking show up and assert any applicable privileges in response to questions that invade those privileges.

• Haha 2