2023 Texas @ Alabama - 6pm on ESPN

Pancho

10 minutes ago, orangebird said:

image.thumb.jpeg.a4fbfc0cc27a7f4e8f9a914c2cb61551.jpeg

I brought home some of this stuff from Japan earlier this year.  Not nearly as expensive as some of the fine scotch I've seen posted here, but I've been saving it for...something.  Tonight's the night.  About crack this baby open and drink up to an incredible Longhorns victory.

Cheers to you all, no matter what you're drinking tonight!

Not to burst your bubble, more to inform, but you can get Jinro Soju for about $6 at Target. It is the sneakiest deal out there.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Sorrell was getting the job done too.  The entire DL kicked Bama's ass for 60 minutes.

Burke was a monster - it sure felt like he got more than one sack.  He was giving that fat ass Tackle all he could handle.

Sweat keeps this up and he's getting drafted in the first round.  Just a dominant two weeks for that guy.

Murphy routinely stonewalled that OL in the running game.

Hill was exactly as promised.  Looked shot out of a cannon every time he pursued.

Simmons has to love what PK is allowing a Freshman to do in his second game of the year against Alabama. We aint go not problem at edge.

• Hook 'Em 5

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

So what was that shit on the fumblerooski thing?

Seems like it was either a fumble or a backward pass, as ruled, either of which could have been advanced, as far as I know.  They mumbled some shit about the fourth down.

Not a fumble. Can’t advance a fumble. Seemed more like a bad snap than a backwards pass - no one had possession of it

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Can we wear the stormtrooper unis for every game? So fucking icy

Some defining wins in the Icy Whites...

just a few in fairly recent memory..

Ricky @ Nebraska breaking their home winning streak

Vince in the '05 Rose Bowl against Michigan

Tonight @ Bama with a 10 point win 

'05 at night in theOSU 'shoe

and of course again at the  Grandaddy of them all, the '06 Rose Bowl against the GREATEST team EVER 😂 assembled, with 2 Heisman trophy winners , the University of Spoiled Children.

...the last was a pretty good day/nightcap to a certain Surly poster's 44th birthday 

Espn Texas GIF by College GameDay

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

We went there and dominated them on the defensive line.  Made mistakes, didn't have breaks go our way and still won.  This isn't a perfect game underdog win.  This is the better team winning.  Now, gotta celebrate and then not stub our toe.  I don't know that we'll play a more talented defense this year

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

So what was that shit on the fumblerooski thing?

Seems like it was either a fumble or a backward pass, as ruled, either of which could have been advanced, as far as I know.  They mumbled some shit about the fourth down.

It was a fumbled snap where Ewers deliberately never had possession so he wouldn't have to be the one to advance it after a fumble since it was 4th down. Ewers looked like he held his wrist with the other hand to show that he never had possession. It was a fucking genius call!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, troph said:

5 sacks to 0 sacks 

105 yards rushing to their 107. Remember that first few runs for 7-9 yards they reeled off? I do. We  shut them down after that

We ran when we needed to but the first stat makes the second look better than it was. Sack yardage goes to rushing totals in college. 

• Hook 'Em 2

They doubled Worthy and tried to make Quinn go through his progressions. He did that really well a couple times which is huge growth from him. Our playcalling also adjusted and they couldn’t keep up.
Plain and simple though, Saban didn’t know what to do once it became clear they didn’t have the better athletes. Sark and this team imposed their will. 

Exactly….

25 minutes ago, JBJ said:

They doubled Worthy the entire 2nd half.

They had to, he was destroying their shit, and if Sanders finishes that block we put another 7 on the board. The difference this year, is that Mitchell is just as good as Worthy.

Just now, Longboard Horn said:

I remember when Jalen Milroe decommitted from us and went to Bama. Looking back on it that was a good thing. That motherfucker is straight trash. 

The long game Sarkisian played on that one should be a 30 for 30.

• Haha 2
  • Drool 1

14 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Burke was a monster - it sure felt like he got more than one sack.  He was giving that fat ass Tackle all he could handle.

I’m wrong about so much in life it’s hard to keep up with.  But shit, I thought this guy was going to be a total JAG. What an idiot I am.

• Hook 'Em 4

11 minutes ago, Longboard Horn said:

I remember when Jalen Milroe decommitted from us and went to Bama. Looking back on it that was a good thing. That motherfucker is straight trash. 

Milroe will improve. He has the arm talent and runs like a mf.

And if he doesn’t, well, who fucking cares.

Edited by Ghost of Shag
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

They had to, he was destroying their shit, and if Sanders finishes that block we put another 7 on the board. The difference this year, is that Mitchell is just as good as Worthy.

The long game Sarkisian played on that one should be a 30 for 30.

I kind of thought if Xavier had cut that outside of Sanders "block" he would have had a long gain.

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to 2023 Texas @ Alabama - 6pm on ESPN