Week 3 2023: Wyoming @ Texas

Wulaw Horn

7 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

this seems to be going over Quinn's head, so let me make it as clear as possible:

i'm saying Quinn is being fucking dumb, because Quinn is being fucking dumb.

Quinn is worried about or think that Texas, who just scored 34 points on the road, against ALABAMA is only going to score 24 or 28 points at home, against a Wyoming defense who just gave up 17 points to an FCS team? and who gave up 33 points to TTU?

@NoName did I do this right? Just checking.

I am sure it was more about establishing a high standard for engagement and prep in general as opposed to anything to do with Wyoming. You might be reading a little too much into this.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, TrashMaster G said:

Tunnels and aisles are in the middle of sections.  So, yes, seat 1 for a particular Section/Row is going to be halfway between two aisles.

Correct. 
I sit in the last seat (#42) on my row in Section 1, and the 1st seat in Section 2 is right adjacent to mine - putting us in the middle of the row. The seat numbers run South to the North.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TexasPride10 said:

I hate to be that guy, but does anyone know any tricks to watching the game for free this weekend? Last year we had the Free Sling Trial loophole, but so far I haven’t found anything like that this year. 

My brother in Christ. Have you never streamed a game in your life?

• Haha 3

54 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

Correct. 
I sit in the last seat (#42) on my row in Section 1, and the 1st seat in Section 2 is right adjacent to mine - putting us in the middle of the row. The seat numbers run South to the North.

On the west side of the stadium this is true. On the east side they run north to south.

9 hours ago, TexasPride10 said:

I hate to be that guy, but does anyone know any tricks to watching the game for free this weekend? Last year we had the Free Sling Trial loophole, but so far I haven’t found anything like that this year. 

tv247.us. Check it out. Watched FS1 and Skip this morning. Better yet is https://v2.sportsurge.net/home2/#/groups/0

very reliable. use a good popup blocker or click several times on the play icon

Edited by Irish Wrist Watch
  • Hook 'Em 2

A few team notes from IT

Spoiler

The big question going forward for Texas is, will the team continue to improve week to week or will complacency set in and ultimately cost the team a win… or more?

As Steve Sarkisian mentioned and Bobby reiterated, there was a sloppy practice earlier in the week on the heels of Texas beating Alabama. That prompted the players-only meeting — but the good kind, the kind that indicates the players can self scout in advance of a poor performance rather than trying to fix issues after it’s too late. 

The message of the meeting was they need to focus and prepare like every week is Alabama. That’s what it takes to be great, and this team knows it can be great. Greatness isn’t achieved easily but all the work is worth it in the end.

The players have already seen things change with some even seeing NIL interest pick up in the aftermath of the Alabama victory. The point of the meeting is to ensure everyone keeps their eyes on the real prize, championships, rather than the shiny objects suddenly around them.

This was more preemptive than anything, and truth be told, the practice wasn’t all that bad. The issues in practice were more geared toward offensive sloppiness. The defense was fine and the rest of the practices were good. After making a couple of calls I felt my 38-13 prediction was a bit too pessimistic. I’ll stick with it though, because I believe this game has some elements of Rice in which Sark will want to rotate more players.

That’s the word, anyway — we can expect to see many more players than we did against Alabama. That’s only if the coaches feel good about the direction of the game.

If you’ve been reading IT this week you know Wyoming quarterback Andrew Peasley is a decently athletic and tough leader of a veteran team. Wyoming’s issues are the offensive line is no match for the Texas defensive line. That *should* keep Peasley in the pocket and forced to make plays with his arm, which likely won’t go well for the visiting team. 

We checked again on wide receiver Isaiah Neyor. The former Wyoming receiver has seen surprisingly few game reps after two weeks. One source said it’s just characteristic of how Sark runs that room. He has his three in Xavier Worthy, Jordan Whittington, and Adonai Mitchell. We do expect to see more of Neyor this week, assuming Texas has control of the game (Personal preference, but I’d love to see him sub in after drops or poor blocking).

Sark mentioned CJ Baxter is a ‘game time’ decision. We’d be moderately surprised if he played. He’s been limited in practice and Savion Red moved from scout team, where he mimicked Jalen Milroe the previous week, back to the offense. Texas has plenty of depth. What’s the purpose of depth if you don’t use it to get guys healthy?

In the end, despite some bumps, the team had a pretty good week of practice. Maybe it wasn’t always great, but they rebounded after an exhilarating win that caught the attention of advertisers and students alike.

The win did change how others perceive them but they can’t let the win change how they prepare week to week. It sounds like team leaders took measures to ensure they keep the train on the tracks before it got derailed, rather than after.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Sorry if already posted, but what are the details about Baxter's injury?  I recall seeing him on the last drive to run out the clock before Brooks took it the rest of the way.  I didn't see or hear anything about an injury, and he seemed pretty healthy during the game after there was some worry about his exit from the Rice game.

11 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Sorry if already posted, but what are the details about Baxter's injury?  I recall seeing him on the last drive to run out the clock before Brooks took it the rest of the way.  I didn't see or hear anything about an injury, and he seemed pretty healthy during the game after there was some worry about his exit from the Rice game.

Your mom picked him up after the game and he has a calf strain from holding her up in the shower 

also I think it’s precautionary 

42 minutes ago, South Austin said:

I don't think there was any indication during the game that he had suffered an injury* - but video from after the game shows Baxter being helped to the tunnel.  It looked like he wasn't able to put much weight on his right (?) leg.  Other than speculation that he might have been cramping - there hasn't been any info on what exactly the injury was.

*Here is the last carry Baxter had in the game (the link should take you to 7:14 in the 4th) - if you watch at the very end before the camera cuts away it looks like Baxter is favoring his right leg

Edited by Hiphopopotamos
  • Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

Nope. Bieber is shit. Just not a fan of Zeppelin. 

To each their own.

Patton Oswalt has a bit called "Money & Pussy" that is worth the listen. He talks about no longer hating any music now that he's gotten older, compared to his 25 year old self. I think it's funny, but it also rings really true. You've been on these boards for forever, I think. It's funny seeing you show up randomly with the hawt take of "Led Zeppelin sucks". 

• Hook 'Em 3

49 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

Nope. Bieber is shit. Just not a fan of Zeppelin. 

To each their own.

I do remember a great Drew Magary GQ article where he followed Bieber around all day when he was at peak assholery, before he got into that weird evangelical shit and calmed down. 

Kid sounded like exactly the little shit you'd think, except when he got in the studio - total professional, perfect pitch, nailed every recording on the first or second try. That always stuck with me.

His actual music? Eh, it's hyper-produced pop - he doesn't do his own music, it just depends if his fifteen writers and major label Scandinavian producer had a good idea or not.

Edited by texifornia

PSA for those looking for a streaming option, and not exactly in LHN's typical carriage territory.

VidGo has a "first month for $20" going on, and their base (plus) package has LHN.

I used this last year and it worked fine. (Note I also used it to log into ESPN and streamed from there, but either way works.)

It's obviously not a free trial, but $20 for a months worth works out in the end. Plus no having to do weird things just to get a random stream onto your TV.

• Hook 'Em 1

48 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Patton Oswalt has a bit called "Money & Pussy" that is worth the listen. He talks about no longer hating any music now that he's gotten older, compared to his 25 year old self. I think it's funny, but it also rings really true. You've been on these boards for forever, I think. It's funny seeing you show up randomly with the hawt take of "Led Zeppelin sucks". 

I like a lot of music and a lot of types of music. I stated it that way because I knew some folks would get all in a twist.  You like what you like.  Great.  LZ just isn't my vibe.