Week 6, 2023: Red River shootout.

Wulaw Horn

6 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

I fully expect them to throw something at us that has not been put on tape. They haven’t played anyone that they needed to do anything other than a vanilla game plan. I also don’t think we emptied our chamber vs Alabama and know we were vanilla for all the other games.

31 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

https://www.calmclinic.com/anxiety/symptoms/euphoria

“Panic attacks are severe moments of extremely intense anxiety that can be emotionally and physically draining. After the anxiety attack is over, some people report that they feel euphoric, almost as if their brain has decided to make up for the severity of the panic.”

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

I said nothing about Cincinnati's defense overall. Why didn't I? Because it sucks. They lost a solid LB and replaced him with someone who shouldn't be on a Big 12 roster and the LBs are poor. Their secondary is pure mediocrity. The DL, however, you know, the front 3/4 that they put out there? They're "no joke". As in, they're nothing to laugh at because they're decent to good. That's it. That's all I typed. We can all look up scoring stats and the schedule, and most of us have and then some. 

Yeah . I got all that, but I had already typed my post when I read the fine print, so I sent it anyway.

You don't need to drill down very far in the OU opponent's schedule to see all kinds of holes.  I understand OU Homer's not doing it, but I think the sports guys are just being lazy.

1 hour ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

From the Athletic article I posted earlier:

“Sark is the best play caller I’ve ever faced. He hardly had any tendencies going in, and if he did, he broke them during our game. He really keeps you off balance. They have a great chance to make a deep run.”

The Big 12 coach added a grim warning of sorts for the rest of their conference — and perhaps for the SEC, which will be home to the Longhorns next year: “They are better live than on film.”

Edited by Hiphopopotamos
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 2

Funny to think that OU is only team that might have wrinkles still in playbook to be let out. 

For first time in a long time Texas is just better at pretty much every position. 

Provided Sanders plays I just don’t see OU stopping Texas’ offense. Even without Sanders it will be a stretch. 

Texas should be 6-0 coming out of this game. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, TornACL said:

There is no fucking way in hell I would ever sit on that other side of the stadium.  I imagine the ground is littered with cigarette butts, losing lottery tickets, and empty bottles of Thunderbird.

And the only things you can buy at the concession stands are meth and dreamcatchers.

We had sweet seats on that end at about the 40 yard line, 35 rows up for the 2002 bowl game against LSU. Didn’t like it one bit and migrated to some empty seats in the corner of the upper deck on the north end after the first drive. I will never again sit on that end of the stadium…

52 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

I've been 4 times. Been in the sooner section every time because the tickets are half as much. 

A DPD officer did come over to me once to tell me if I started any shit there's nothing they could do.

Season 5 Nbc GIF by The Office

• Haha 8

Corleone and Briggs are good players but have taken a pretty substantial step back this year. 
There's a big difference between playing in the AAC and a power conference. Neither of those guys would start at Texas. 

I mean okay sure, no one is arguing against that but that isn’t really relevant and doesn’t mean they don’t have some good players. Alfred Collins, Vernon Broughton, Trill Carter, and Anthony Hill don’t start at Texas either and are all contributors in the front 6-7.

My point that OU actually has run into a pretty stout DL pairing and didn’t light the world on fire. That doesn’t go against your assertion that the Texas DL is beyond anything they’ve seen. Of course the Texas front is better than Cincinnati. I don’t what you’re trying to argue about.

On 10/1/2023 at 1:06 PM, utexas8 said:

When was the last time Texas beat OU 2 years in a row?

This Saturday

22 hours ago, TexasFan21 said:

My dumbass just realized I bought tickets on the OU side from SeatGeek. Anyone else ever experienced the game this way? Price was too good to pass up.

You’ll have plenty of room to stretch your legs come the third quarter 

22 hours ago, ATXhorn17 said:

e2f26a7c2fcbf5406a79a54718e9267b.jpg
OU’s team captains appear to have ~6 collective brain cells. Horns by 3 TDs.

Stutsman looks terrified. 

3 hours ago, MissingInAction said:

I've been 4 times. Been in the sooner section every time because the tickets are half as much. 

A DPD officer did come over to me once to tell me if I started any shit there's nothing they could do.

Wow? Really? Huh… 

You can hang out with my 45yo crew of idiots, but I cannot guarantee how DPD will deal  

Edited by Gucci_Suit

1 hour ago, Ghost of Shag said:

Our offense has turtled for significant portions of every game we have played in save possibly the Baylor game.

I’d love to see us blow them out but unless our offense has turned the corner there’s a title too much kool-aid flowing in here.

Your handle would have been better as Ghost of Sarvanaash. You can handwring with the best of them. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, Ghost of Shag said:

Our offense has turtled for significant portions of every game we have played in save possibly the Baylor game.

I’d love to see us blow them out but unless our offense has turned the corner there’s a title too much kool-aid flowing in here.

Ian Boyd was discussing this a couple days ago. The only game Texas hasn't operated from a really base offense is Bama. If you can beat teams comfortably without having to do more than the bare minimum why would you? 

Is it turtling or just saving your best shit for top opponents? 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

Put on the '08 game with my almost 7 year old son tonight to start giving him a history lesson of what this week is about.  Taught him the real words to the fight song and all. Hope he doesn't get sent home from school tomorrow.  

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

I’ve never been more confident going into this game, and that means I’m at about a 60% confidence level. This game is just different. The team that has the best strategy regardless of talent usually wins. Sark and PK had both last year, which usually leads to blowouts in this game. 

• Hook 'Em 2