Game Week 13, 2023: Texas v OSU championship edition

Wulaw Horn

1 minute ago, 'stache said:

Second or third worst at best. We're ahead of Mississippi in just about every metric. Arkansas in some. And Florida is just a bigger piece of shit in general.  

Louisiana takes exception at being left off your shit list. They work too hard at being a steaming pile of shit to be ignored by ‘stache. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Cops are all over it, someone's in deep shit, there are cameras everywhere. It said Fuck Farmhouse not Fuck Texas so it doesn't even make any fucking sense. Stupid frat fucks.
I assume massive quantities of alcohol and possibly other substances were part of this stellar decision making.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, horn_of_the_morning said:

x,1.

Shes a certified nut. So you know how that goes.

https://www.koco.com/article/oklahoma-state-university-dead-longhorn-frat-house/46009410

Stillwater police investigating after dead longhorn found in front of Oklahoma State University frat house

The incident comes a day before the Oklahoma State football team takes on the Texas Longhorns in the Big 12 Championship Game

Stillwater police are investigating after a dead longhorn was found in front of a fraternity house at Oklahoma State University.

Police told KOCO 5 that they received a call shortly before 6:30 a.m. Friday about a possibly dead cow in the front yard of the FarmHouse Fraternity near Third Avenue and Monroe Street. When officers arrived, they confirmed the cow was dead.

Criminal investigators are working on the incident. Anyone with information about the investigation is asked to call the Stillwater Police Department's tip line at 405-533-8477.

The incident comes a day before the Oklahoma State football team takes on the Texas Longhorns in the Big 12 Championship Game.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, WBT said:

That's pretty fucked up and a waste.  Hopefully they can salvage and donate the meat.  So whose steer was it?  What's it worth, around $1000?  I don't think this will be written off as a frat prank.

Probably around 62-65 cents a pound from what a friend who is a farmer told me a month or so ago. No idea on the accuracy. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, GabrielsHorn said:

Appalling behavior. If OSU doesn’t do something about them, fuck ‘em. 

Fuck 'em either way.  

1 hour ago, GabrielsHorn said:

Appalling behavior. If OSU doesn’t do something about them, fuck ‘em. 

Fuck 'em either way.  

Ok twice. 

Edited by Laga4
  • Hook 'Em 1

Man, that's fucking terrible. Pointless and shitty.
I get a ton of shit from posters about things I posted contemporaneously during Blue's journey, but both he and the staff have been schizophrenic about his role since his recruitment.
-Everyone was happy to get him, then he got kicked off of his HS team for poor behavior and was downvoted in a bid to return. Cue the Texas staff indicating to him and people covering the team that he needed to consider other options.
-Then Texas whiffs on Jam Miller and Leveon Moss. They want a TB. Blue's other options don't excite him. Voila, he's part of the 2022 class. Shout out to the Jam Miller recruitment, btw. Miller's mom was hooking up with a Texas fan who kept pushing the family towards Texas, while simultaneously not treating the mom or Miller well. Bama saw the cracks in that situation and exploited them. 
-Blue then comes to campus and is a malcontent. He had delusions about playing time with Robinson, K Robinson, and Johnson in the backfield.
-The staff and the leaders in the TB room think they've helped him get religion.
-Then the portal opens and he announces he's transferring. No significant programs reach out to him after announcing and the staff convinces him to come back and not enter the portal. They had a second conversation on the subject in the May period. 
-He's 3rd on the depth chart, fumbles against Wyoming while Texas is trying to kill the game going up by 4 tds. PT diminishes for awhile. 
-He works his way back into playing time and is a budding star.
The best possible outcomes following repeatedly bad circumstances presenting themselves continue to work out for both Texas and Blue. It's fucking crazy. I hope the good side of all of this continues to play out. At the same time, if he enters the portal this time, there is a market for him and that's going to be tough on Texas NIL. Fingers crossed. 
Also, if given the choice right now - Blue, Miller or Moss, I'm taking Blue. I could see an argument for Miller and haven't been really impressed with Moss, although he's fine. Not sure what the rest of the board would do. 
No matter what, I've been entertained by Blue's journey. I'm rooting for things to work out for him at this point, especially if he sticks with Texas to the end.

Yeah that wasn’t a shot at you specifically. After the recruiting drama and entering the portal the first time I think anyone would have guessed his days were numbered once it was clear Baxter and Brooks were going to get the PT. I certainly would have.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, gmr548 said:

Yeah that wasn’t a shot at you specifically. After the recruiting drama and entering the portal the first time I think anyone would have guessed his days were numbered once it was clear Baxter and Brooks were going to get the PT. I certainly would have.

I didn't view it as a shot. It just made me think about the dude's story. It feels like less than 1% of the guys that stumble as many times as he has wind up with a redemption story at the original school. Here's hoping he has a big game tomorrow.

• Hook 'Em 3

Future serial killer(s), imo.

Yeah animal cruelty is a classic red flag. This shit is just sociopathic and gross, Indont know what else to say. I hope they can find the perps. I honestly don’t know if it ends up being bulletin board material - prep is basically done at this point anyway - but it certainly won’t build any goodwill.
  • Hook 'Em 3

21 minutes ago, WBT said:

That's pretty fucked up and a waste.  Hopefully they can salvage and donate the meat.  So whose steer was it?  What's it worth, around $1000?

I would guess a good bit more than $1,000. And I feel sure they can salvage all or most of the meat. Still completely ridiculous.

13 hours ago, MrBig said:

Gundy’s 11-1 team won the Big 12 but finished #3 in the BCS standings behind #2 non-champion Alabama who had already lost to LSU. People lost their minds as Bama jumped Gundy’s team to rematch LSU in the title game.

https://www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/college-football/2016/11/18/13487466/oklahoma-state-iowa-state-2011-bcs-college-football-playoff-jeff-woody

I think that was around the time that the SEC was running ads with the slogan, "Every game matters"

... except that they were the one conference that every game DIDN'T matter, because they seemed to get more mulligans than anyone.  Bama scored 3 points on their home field, and they got a do-over.

But Oklahoma State - every game actually did matter for them.  

It was bullshit.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

4 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

I would guess a good bit more than $1,000. And I feel sure they can salvage all or most of the meat. Still completely ridiculous.

I highly doubt it. Farmers/Ranchers straight up getting fucked on cattle prices considering the inflation we have seen at the grocery store.

https://www.ams.usda.gov/mnreports/ams_1955.pdf

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

It just made me think about the dude's story. It feels like less than 1% of the guys that stumble as many times as he has wind up with a redemption story at the original school. Here's hoping he has a big game tomorrow.

Blue has been a huge beneficiary of Brooks' injury.  If Brooks is healthy today, Jayden doesn't enjoy the last few games of auditioning for either (a) a possible starting job at Texas next year, or (2) transfer suitors willing to pony up much more money for him than last year.

Either way, I'll be happy for him, and we'll be just fine at RB next season.

3 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

If that cow was left overnight, you cant salavage the meat

Tell that to Dickey's.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5
  • Prepare your anus 1

20 hours ago, BrazilHorn said:

Texas media is a worthless bunch of shitbags that seem to actively work to suborn the program’s interests. 

The problem is that most of those folks couldn't get into UT and ended up at shithole schools like aggy, Tech, and Baylor. They will forever hold a grudge. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Man, that's fucking terrible. Pointless and shitty.

I get a ton of shit from posters about things I posted contemporaneously during Blue's journey, but both he and the staff have been schizophrenic about his role since his recruitment.

-Everyone was happy to get him, then he got kicked off of his HS team for poor behavior and was downvoted in a bid to return. Cue the Texas staff indicating to him and people covering the team that he needed to consider other options.

-Then Texas whiffs on Jam Miller and Leveon Moss. They want a TB. Blue's other options don't excite him. Voila, he's part of the 2022 class. Shout out to the Jam Miller recruitment, btw. Miller's mom was hooking up with a Texas fan who kept pushing the family towards Texas, while simultaneously not treating the mom or Miller well. Bama saw the cracks in that situation and exploited them. 

-Blue then comes to campus and is a malcontent. He had delusions about playing time with Robinson, K Robinson, and Johnson in the backfield.

-The staff and the leaders in the TB room think they've helped him get religion.

-Then the portal opens and he announces he's transferring. No significant programs reach out to him after announcing and the staff convinces him to come back and not enter the portal. They had a second conversation on the subject in the May period. 

-He's 3rd on the depth chart, fumbles against Wyoming while Texas is trying to kill the game going up by 4 tds. PT diminishes for awhile. 

-He works his way back into playing time and is a budding star.

The best possible outcomes following repeatedly bad circumstances presenting themselves continue to work out for both Texas and Blue. It's fucking crazy. I hope the good side of all of this continues to play out. At the same time, if he enters the portal this time, there is a market for him and that's going to be tough on Texas NIL. Fingers crossed. 

Also, if given the choice right now - Blue, Miller or Moss, I'm taking Blue. I could see an argument for Miller and haven't been really impressed with Moss, although he's fine. Not sure what the rest of the board would do. 

No matter what, I've been entertained by Blue's journey. I'm rooting for things to work out for him at this point, especially if he sticks with Texas to the end.

I really love Blue's development, but he is simply not going to be the lead back here even though he is a very good player. He will make a hell of a 1-2 punch with an inside zone power back like Baxter, but if we happened to lose him I don't foresee it being a massive blow in the grand scheme of things, particularly with Christian Clark and Jerrick Gibson coming in (if we can manage to hold off Florida). I really respect how he has worked his way back on a couple of occasions, and it does sound like he is maturing, but that is going to be one crowded room while Choice is here. 

If you ordered tickets through UT and haven’t downloaded them yet, I suggest you get started.  It will require the creation of a Dallas Cowboys account and a seatgeek account that both use the email used to order through UT.  These two accounts will need to be linked together, which more than likely will require a call to the Dallas Cowboys ticket office to get them to send you a link that actually accomplishes this. Fuck jerry Jones.  This will be the last game I ever attend in his pile of shit

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 2

Just now, Vertigo said:

I really love Blue's development, but he is simply not going to be the lead back here even though he is a very good player. He will make a hell of a 1-2 punch with an inside zone power back like Baxter, but if we happened to lose him I don't foresee it being a massive blow in the grand scheme of things, particularly with Christian Clark and Jerrick Gibson coming in (if we can manage to hold off Florida). I really respect how he has worked his way back on a couple of occasions, and it does sound like he is maturing, but that is going to be one crowded room while Choice is here. 

I disagree a bit about losing him. I think we'll need one of Blue or Wisner to be ready for a significant role next year. We're going to be losing our best motion men in Worthy, JWhitt, and KRob. That's a pretty key spot in Sark's offense. Niblett or a portal WR could factor in there, but we need someone that can threaten big plays in space catching the ball on sweeps, swing passes, orbit motion, etc. 

Plus the usual caveats about Gibson and Clark both being true freshmen and a lack of speed if we were to lose both Blue and Gibson.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

If you ordered tickets through UT and haven’t downloaded them yet, I suggest you get started.  It will require the creation of a Dallas Cowboys account and a seatgeek account that both use the email used to order through UT.  These two accounts will need to be linked together, which more than likely will require a call to the Dallas Cowboys ticket office to get them to send you a link that actually accomplishes this. Fuck jerry Jones.  This will be the last game I ever attend in his pile of shit

Prepare yourself for never ending emails  as a result........Assholes.

• Hook 'Em 1

This among other reasons is why I decided a small watch party would be better in spite of living about 25 mins (on a good day) from Jerryworld.
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, ousux said:
7 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:
Eh at least they have legal weed. Our pearl clutching state is still in the dark ages

Meh, I always said once Jokelahoma gives in it's only a matter of time before Texas follows suit. Too much tax revenue left on the table

Gambling says hi

• Rage+1 1

It's a decent place to live.  My one-way commute is 25 minutes compared to 60, when I lived in Spring, TX.  The teacher salaries are horrible, and I think that flows through to the whole educational system.  My wife is not going to teach anymore next year.

Pay wasn't the reason for leaving, but in my opinion, it just doesn't seem worth it to endure what she does for such a low salary.

2 minutes ago, ousux said:
3 minutes ago, chemHORN said:
Gambling says hi

I don't know what the holdup there is, but that's only a matter of time as well.

A bunch of blue hairs and lobbyist's mouthpieces in the Texas Legislature that have the ability to never allow the Bill to even see the floor.   I have my doubts it will happen anytime soon.  

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, chiu1040 said:

It's a decent place to live.  My one-way commute is 25 minutes compared to 60, when I lived in Spring, TX.  The teacher salaries are horrible, and I think that flows through to the whole educational system.  My wife is not going to teach anymore next year.

Pay wasn't the reason for leaving, but in my opinion, it just doesn't seem worth it to endure what she does for such a low salary.

Have you seen what Surly 4's are making on OnlyFans? just saying. 

1 hour ago, 'stache said:

Second or third worst at best. We're ahead of Mississippi in just about every metric. Arkansas in some. And Florida is just a bigger piece of shit in general.  

Florida has the Keys making every other metric irrelevant. Toss in South Beach and Florida gets to hang with the Top 40.

11 minutes ago, GoPokes83 said:

I don’t get the dead longhorn. Why drop it at an OSU frat? Wouldn’t it make more sense (if you can call it that) to put it at a UT one? Hopefully someone sees some real jail time over this.

This was probably Aggies original plan but then couldn't figure out how to get the dead cow to Austin.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

• Pancho locked this topic