Pac 12 Championship - Oregon v Washington 7pm ABC

Sbbruin

7 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Really just Louisville. Iowa wins, Ohio state goes. Bama wins, they go. Either way we’re not getting in. But if Louisville wins, we’re in

Why would they send an Ohio state one loss non champion instead of just sending Michigan anyway, since Michigan beat Ohio state a week ago?

I think that’s the real reason they kept tosu as high as they did, to establish the floor for Michigan. 

But I choose to believe that established precedent holds and they wouldn’t send either over a 1 loss conference champ. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Why would Georgia be in? Texas has the better win(beating the team that beat them) and a conference championship that would give Texas more ranked wins

Georgia was the #1 team damn near the entire year, if their only loss is to an Alabama team in the sec championship game then I’d bet my 401k that “sec tough” wins out for the voters. They are back to back champs and Saban is the GOAT. It also wouldn’t be the first time Georgia and bama have been in the playoffs together lol. Don’t act like it’s some kind of crazy scenario. We don’t put anyone away, we struggle with average teams and we lost to Oklahoma on a neutral field. We aren’t very sexy. 

• Hook 'Em 2

I missed most of the game. Washington outgaining Oregon by 80, +30 on the ground, 10-15 on 3rd down vs 3-10, and +15 mins in TOP with a net zero turnover margin tells me this probably wasn’t a fluke. It was always odd to me that these teams were seen as equals six weeks ago and Oregon was favored by 9 now.

Congrats to UW. I suppose this is marginally worse for Texas but I’m happy for them. DeBoer 25-2 in two years is, uh, something.

• Like 1
  • Drool 1

1 minute ago, WinningIsHard said:

Georgia was the #1 team damn near the entire year, if their only loss is to an Alabama team in the sec championship game then I’d bet my 401k that “sec tough” wins out for the voters. They are back to back champs and Saban is the GOAT. It also wouldn’t be the first time Georgia and bama have been in the playoffs together lol. Don’t act like it’s some kind of crazy scenario. We don’t put anyone away, we struggle with average teams and we lost to Oklahoma on a neutral field. We aren’t very sexy. 

Unless tomorrow is absolute insanity (always possible), there won't be 2 SEC teams in the playoff.  The circumstances are entirely different.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Beau Vine said:

I would first like the welcome you delusional assholes who were rooting for Oregon because you thought there was any chance for UT to pass Oregon if they won back to reality and invite you to lick my taint.

woo hoo ric flair GIF

I'd also like to gloat that I called this 11 months ago:

image.thumb.png.dc28dff48e8fe353fd46f67e714732bb.png

Excited Ric Flair GIF

And finally, BOW DOWN TO WASHINGTON, bitches!

excited ric flair GIF

Great, you win. Bad result for Texas. Kudos to you. 

8 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Why would Georgia be in? Texas has the better win(beating the team that beat them) and a conference championship that would give Texas more ranked wins

What about the eye test? Since when the committee gives a fuck about the metrics?

3 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

Of the two scenarios — Bama/Georgia go and Texas is out vs Texas/Bama go and Georgia is out — the second is WAY more likely to happen. None of this is absolute but the H2H will definitely play a part. There’s no way SEC is getting two teams in this year, not with undefeated PAC 12 champ Washington in, likely undefeated Big 10 champ Michigan going and potentially a 1-loss Big 12 champ Texas. If we lose, then all bets are off.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, bluto said:

Prob no matter but really bonehead call by Lanning accepting the holding call. 

Pretty shitty clock management all the way around.  If Washington runs the ball once at the goal line on the previous possession the ball game is likely over well before that.  

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Valmy77 said:

It is a completely neutral result for Texas. Once the committee put them ahead of us, two spots even, we weren't passing them if they won.

And I am glad we won't have to suffer the indignity of seeing their fraud ass in the playoffs instead of us.

Eh, it hurts slightly. Not a big deal either way. We get to laugh for now, so that's nice. 

Oh, it’s possible, anything is, but it’s definitely beyond crazy and any other superlatives we will muster if it goes down like that.
Putting in the one loss second place team in a conference in favor of a one loss conference champion who beat your champion is beyond crazy and everyone will lose their shit knowing what a farce the selection committee has become.
  • Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

I’ll take that bet! I got some slippers and a banana hammock to help you with the sexy problem.

1 minute ago, Beau Vine said:

Bless you.

I actually remember watching him since Indiana in 2020. Everything about him screams shitty QB, makes terrible throws and decisions sometimes, weird delivery, etc. But he keeps putting up big numbers and makes clutch throws again and again. I’m starting to wonder if I could be wrong

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

If bama beats Georgia then both bama and Georgia will be in. It sounds like bullshit but think real real real hard about the national title game when lsu and bama played. Bama didn’t even win their division much less their conference that year. Florida state losing is where we sneak in. That’s our only hope. IMHO

This LSU Bama rematch was back in the BCS days. This is the exact reason why the CFP was created. 

Gundy’s 11-1 Big 12 Champ team got jumped by 11-1 non Sec Champ Bama in the BCS Standings and all hell broke loose. 

The CFP was created so a 1-loss non conference champ will NOT jump a 1-loss conference champ anymore.

https://www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/college-football/2016/11/18/13487466/oklahoma-state-iowa-state-2011-bcs-college-football-playoff-jeff-woody

Edited by MrBig
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1