2024 Celebrity Death Pool

Wally Fairway

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, BamaATL said:

Dabney Coleman dead at 92.

Always found his stuff funny.  

I loved him. We have a lot of stars the exact same age. Cloak & Dagger was one of my favorite movies as a child. I thought this was cool about him. He was a Longhorn! Hook'em Dabney and RIP.  And he was Austin born. Not a transplant. Badass. 

image.png.1c12c8a2277f409db2a5947c44be4560.png

"Coleman was born in Austin, Texas on January 3, 1932.

He attended Virginia Military Institute, and the University of Texas at Austin.

He was drafted in the United States Army in 1953 and served in Europe."

Edited by Nicole44
  • Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Nicole44 said:

Cloak & Dagger was one of my favorite movies as a child.

Jack Flack always escapes!

Pretty sure I loved him in every movie i remeber him from. War Games, Tootsie, 9 to 5, C&D.

• Hook 'Em 3

14 hours ago, Wiler77 said:

Jack Flack always escapes!

Pretty sure I loved him in every movie i remeber him from. War Games, Tootsie, 9 to 5, C&D.

Oh and I also love The Man with One Red Shoe. That movie is on right now. It’s fucking hilarious. 

• Hook 'Em 2

16 hours ago, BamaATL said:

A bit obscure, but Mark Wells, a 4th line center for the 1980 Miracle on Ice team, dead at 67.  To my knowledge this is the first team member gone.  

Mark Pavelich died in 2021.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Armybrat said:

Guy took out Heinkel 111's, Wurgers, FW-90's, BF-109's, et. al.  Served in Texas for a spell.  WW2, Korea, and Vietnam as combat pilot and senior officer.  

I don't know how the fuck those guys did it.  But I picture them like Arnold in "Predator" when they find the neon green blood.  "If it's German and it flies, we can kill it." 

So my birthday falls on Memorial Day this year as it does once every 6-8 years.  And my oldest was asking me about Memorial Day and how it's different from Veteran's Day.  Each year, she gives a little talk with my Dad's service photographs in the USN and why Veterans are important.  And I was honestly just thinking a few hours ago as I was taking an evening walk how to explain to her that this weekend, Memorial Day was primarily begun to mark those who had fallen in combat in defense of our country.  But it's also kind of grown into this broader acknowledgement of every veteran who eventually dies because their sacrifice shall never perish even after 50+ years of taking off the uniform.  Against all odds, Colonel Anderson.  You made it 102 after all those sorties and aerial combats.  May your family have a wonderful Memorial Day remembering all the things you changed in this world, for the better.  Because you were thinking of about to try and play college basketball.  But Pearl Harbor happens and you leave the Air Depot and learn the stick.  And nothing is ever the same again.  Godspeed.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Pancho said:

He obviously was sensationalist but I enjoyed his CNN show when they attempted more original content away from news or opinion shows last decade.  He had some other show where he put himself into another culture for a month. Unfortunately he ran into accusations about his past conduct and confessed to at least some of them. Killed his career, or perhaps he was just done with it himself.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Damn. If nothing he was committed to his bit. I bet the cancer can be traced back to McDonalds if they dig deep enough. RIP

fcda444f-d110-4d53-8e08-dad73c6998bd_tex

Edited by RPM

1 hour ago, HenryJames said:

much dead

1 hour ago, RPM said:

so corpse

56 minutes ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

very inert

Fuck you guys since I now have to spend the next 20 minutes cleaning chili mango salad off of my monitor.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Next he's gonna tell us Wally Pryor is no longer. 

What about Cactus Pryor?  I have his phone number from when I used to work on his computer back in the late 90s, I should call him up.