X-mas Loot Thread - 2023 Edition

ROFL BOX

Received 2 pair Wranglers
2023 Big XII Champ /-shirt
Wrangler snap l/s work shirt

Monster got a bunch of Airsoft goodies incl. a Glock 17 (tan), tac helmet, goggles, coffee mug w/ his name on it.

Roxette rec'd an Ariat light jacket she had been eyeballing & gift cert for a pedicure, coffee mug w/ her name on it.

Mrs. rec'd gift cert same as Roxette, wooden earrings in Texas shape, 2 Longhorn tees, cookie cutouts & other baking goodies + a carved jewelry / felt lined box w/ a sorta 'trick' opening method.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Funniest thing I got was a fucking ultrasonic denture cleaner. No, I don't wear dentures. But a month ago I got my first dental mouth guard to wear at night & prevent me from grinding my teeth when I sleep. Apparently I picked up that habit later in life since, you know, stress and shit. So Mrs GOTJ got one over on me when I unwrapped that box. Oh, I've got 12 months to come up with a suitable gift as a retort.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

Funniest thing I got was a fucking ultrasonic denture cleaner. No, I don't wear dentures. But a month ago I got my first dental mouth guard to wear at night & prevent me from grinding my teeth when I sleep. Apparently I picked up that habit later in life since, you know, stress and shit. So Mrs GOTJ got one over on me when I unwrapped that box. Oh, I've got 12 months to come up with a suitable gift as a retort.

A “how to avoid hot flashes” book should do nicely.   

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Only thing I wanted was some Rangers championship gear since I didn't wanna pay the over-inflated prices for it 2 months ago. Wife hooked that up. 

Got the usual knick-knack stuff from the in-laws who are pretty good at finding little stuff like that that I like. Several bars of Squatch soap which smells really fucking good and my BIL swears is the last soap I'll ever buy. Lots of Bomba socks. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

You know what I got for Christmas this year? It was a banner f***in' year at the old NWBuck family. I got a carton of cigarettes. The old man grabbed me and said "Hey. Smoke up Johnny."

Seriously... I asked the family to not buy anything for me; we have enough 'stuff' and there are lots of opportunities to spend money on people who are in need instead. So my (art student) daughter made me a painting, and the youngest wrote me a letter. The wife purchased tickets for us for a concert... that's on Super Bowl Sunday. Ah well...

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

my wife digitized all of our vhs footage from my childhood and gave it to me and my parents on a usb.  my dad hired a team to translate our family genealogy book and gave that to us.  it goes back to 1235.  also got a 23andme kit, a couple bars of pacha soap, a phone to replace my current one, and a hoodie branded as the most comfortable hoodie ever.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 4

5 shirts, only 3 of them are exactly the same, a few gift cards, a book, and a new soundbar.   I couldn't bring myself to buying one since the old one still worked even if the remote was broken and couldn't link to the TV remote.   All is well.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

Goldbelly gift certificate, anyone have a suggestion on what to order?  I was thinking Chicago deep dish pizza maybe.  

We’ve done Malnati’s through Goldbelly, never had any issues. Wife gave me this before heading down to Texas, it only plays selected scenes… 

IMG_7448.thumb.jpeg.f1dddc6ec94369ba962a8442cd683f89.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

I got nothing, just as I hoped.   Actually, a case of beer, which I can use.

The GF and I agree that we'd rather spend on travel rather than gifts, so that's what we do. 

I got my wife a pair of Uggs because hers were worn out. I got a hoodie with a Fender logo.

We also spent $5-6K for a long weekend in Mammoth, which was awesome. Great skiing even though the snow was terrible. Maybe because this was the first year the entire family could ski together (albeit slowly). 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BearSchlong said:

My stepmom has talent. She wove “Starry Night” from my late father’s shirts and presented me with this to hang in the house I bought on Friday.

that is amazing.

10 hours ago, ROFL BOX said:

We will expect a report inside of 1 week.

this is the sweatshirt. it is comfortable but maybe my skin's too weathered or i'm too much of a rube to appreciate it, it doesn't feel that much more soft once i wear it.  it's definitely not something i can do work in.

• Like 2

On 12/26/2023 at 3:17 PM, Nivek said:

5 shirts, only 3 of them are exactly the same, a few gift cards, a book, and a new soundbar.   I couldn't bring myself to buying one since the old one still worked even if the remote was broken and couldn't link to the TV remote.   All is well.  

image.thumb.png.9c1be81f674839c1024c9f67c064863e.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1