Nick Saban Retirement + Alabama Corch Search Megathread - Deals with Satan Do Expire

BurntOrange&White

3 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

Basically I am doing my part. I am staying up past my bedtime to see if Kalen DeBoer is at the Washington Basketball game in 39 minutes. I feel like Saban…I’m getting old. What happened to all of us since the Urban coach search days? Like 4 years ago I can stay awake no problem. Wtf!

I'm older than you and I have no problems staying up late. #NightCrew  Lulz.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

2 hours ago, redswingline said:

Having to re-recruit your best players each year has to be the biggest pain in the ass. Would be better to pay players from TV revenue and sign them to multi year deals and finally move away from the bullshit amateur label.

Cartman.gif.9a3a6ca1362f5db107649848306b7943.gif

• Haha 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 hour ago, BachelorTrek said:

I'm older than you and I have no problems staying up late. #NightCrew  Lulz.

Yeah I've always been a night owl so this is the norm for me. It was great for my work, which typically required me to be up for long stretches in the middle of the night, My problem has always been the whole 'getting up when normal people do' thing.

• Hook 'Em 2

Sark has a chance to be the next Saban and is set up perfectly with this new world of nil and transfer portal. Texas is probably the best job in cfb. Why would he ever leave?  If you can't do it in Austin, you can't do it anywhere. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 1

3 hours ago, pops said:

Sark has a chance to be the next Saban and is set up perfectly with this new world of nil and transfer portal.

Sark’s pretty good but it’s not fair to compare him to Saban as a coach.  He’ll never be close to Saban. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Well we’ve moved away from his retirement and into what’s next for Alabama phase. Don’t know if we just change the thread title and point people here or if we just have a second thread for that and keep saban legacy talk here. 

4 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Agree....plus once a hire is made that thread will probably be created.

from a 100 post poster whose like

HOLY SHIT, NO ONE POSTED BAMA'S NEW CORCH--- I GOTS TO POST---- I SCOOPED THE SURL!!!!!!!!    

HEY EVERYBODY- FREE TVS!!!!!1

1bc6a108-df42-4737-bf3a-ca5108acde3e_tex

34 minutes ago, immamac said:

Well we’ve moved away from his retirement and into what’s next for Alabama phase. Don’t know if we just change the thread title and point people here or if we just have a second thread for that and keep saban legacy talk here. 

Just change thread title. It’s easier for people to follow and also read up to speed. Plus this is becoming a classic. Just keep it all together. Lurkers appreciate. 

• immamac changed the title to Nick Saban Retirement + Alabama Corch Search Megathread - Deals with Satan Do Expire
2 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

1 hour ago, Nueces River Rat said:

It’s very aggy like

Of course it is. This is the school that created a memorial for a cockroach:

image.png.e7e7bcc5ea13398eac2fe662553de54b.png

Story went national, here is just one link out of many: https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/krishrach/people-built-a-shrine-and-held-a-funeral-to-this-dead-cockro

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

Basically I am doing my part. I am staying up past my bedtime to see if Kalen DeBoer is at the Washington Basketball game in 39 minutes. I feel like Saban…I’m getting old. What happened to all of us since the Urban coach search days? Like 4 years ago I can stay awake no problem. Wtf!

night-shift-night-team.gif

Meanwhile, Lane is trollin'

• Haha 3
  • Prepare your anus 1

So the funny part here with DeBoer is though Bama is in play, so is the Seahawks as well as a potential extension at UW with their move to the B1G.

Bama could strike out here as well and move on to their 4th(?) option on the list..

3 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

So the funny part here with DeBoer is though Bama is in play, so is the Seahawks as well as a potential extension at UW with their move to the B1G.

Bama could strike out here as well and move on to their 4th(?) option on the list..

I just don’t get the Kiffin thing…but I mean if Saban has an office there now he would be the defacto HC for a few years…